Hi all,

I'm new to this and I got this quote from HABIB.

1. 0.40carat , H color , S1 , cut:vg , sym:ex , polish:ex RM2550/- with GIA Cert.

2. 0.43carat , J color , VS1 , cut:ex , sym:ex , polish:vg RM2300/- with GIA Cert.

Which 1 is better? What about the price? They say the original price is 2 times more and they are having promotion now. Wondering it is that good to have more than 50% discount? Besides, J color seems to be too yellowish..

All opinions are greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!! =)

Regards,

Lau

Hi Lau, this is quite a good price on GIA loose diamond. Be careful if there is any fluorescence, grade as none/faint/medium/strong. Diamond with fluorescence bring down the price.

Hi all,

I'm very very new to this and would like to ask for some opinion....I have done most of my research online (including this forum of course, where I learnt lotsa stuff from everyone). Spoke to a few salesperson. Some are really nice to share with me and explained stuff to me, some are js trying to sell me their stones.

Anyway, I have decided to settle for RM5,499 on Le Lumiere with the specs below

Carat : 0.32 carat

Colour : D Colour

Clarity : S1

It comes with the ring but I'm not sure if it's Platinum or white gold (forgot to ask)...

I haven't got the cert yet so not too sure about other details. I was told that it's the perfect cut and the sales mentioned to me about the Hearts & Arrows. He mentioned to me that only Lazarre, Le Lumiere, and Hearts of Fire (Habib) have this Hearts & Arrow thing. And even with hearts & arrows, it could not be "perfect" in the sense that there could be "longer arrows, shorter arrows, bigger smaller hearts"

I had that "this is the one" feeling but it's kinda more than what I would have expected. I wanna have something with GIA cert coz I found that everyone is recommending that and it seems with the cert, I'm more guaranteed in its value in future (in case financials turn bad and I have to sell/pawn it)

Do you think it's worth it?

Thanks for all the advice.

Sorry, don't think is worth for a 0.32 carat with that price, and a S1 quality.

You can get a 0.4 or almost 0.5 ct, VS2, but choose color E, or G.

Hi,

Thanks for that....Well I guess I should have done more research then...Gonna propose tonight so hopefully she likes it !!

By the way, I've attached here a picture of the ring =)

post-46054-0-89007200-1364502380_thumb.j

Let me know what you guys think !!

Cheers !!

Very nice!

know why this is expensive because the casing with stonessssss..!! LOLs

Thumbs up for your choice! good taste :biggrin:

It's a pity that I can not see the picture. All the picture is about diamonds? All you said is so professional that I can understand little.

Hello all,

You cannot imagine i have just read through all 29 pages from start to finish! Phew. Really informative.

Okay, here are the quotations given to me from DeGem Gardens,

0.46 i vs1 Lazare on WG RM8370

0.51 h vs2 ForeverMark on WG RM8400

Question:

1. Worth paying a premium for these branded Lazare?

2. Should i just get a GIA stone instead, with the price i am pretty sure i can get better ct and clarity.

Thanks!

Hi

I have found a GIA diamond distributor which is trusted and good Service.

As Comparison :

Wah Chan 0.6 Carat F VS2 3ex is 10,9xx ringgit, during promotion it gives you 9,500 ringgit.

my distributor price for one level up clarity which is vs1 is only 7990 ringgit.

basically for 3ex we can give 12 percent off, while for 2ex-vg can give 20 percent off from promotional price of branded shop.

comission for me is 2% only.

contact me for detail 0102439357.

thank you.

Hi all, hopefully this thread is still active.

I'm a total newbie in diamonds but I wanted to get a real nice ring for my gf for my proposal.

After looking through all the 29 pages, I think DeGem is a solid brand, so I went to the one in 1U just now to have a look.

I am interested in a 0.39c, F, VS1 Lazare ring, but was quoted RM8K, which is actually over my budget (I was targetting for 5-6k only).

However, I really like the ring, but I would not want to buy an overpriced ring (like I mentioned, I'm totally ignorant on diamonds price).

Could you all advice whether the ring is worth it?

Also, usually how much lower that I can bargain from the salesperson?

The sales guy told me this is a very nice bargain and will be most likely sold within the next few days, so I wish I can do a decision fast.

Hopefully you all can help me on this.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks to this forum the info. TIme to give my feedback.

I bought mine 0.41c, G, VS1, on platinum 6 prongs setting at 6k. With faint fluorescence. Bought at Diamond and Platinum. Surveyed across SK, Love and Co, and Poh Kong. Found that most are selling 0.3c at near 5k on a 18k white gold setting. Most brands use IGI cert although GIA cert is available for certain diamond without the ring. Sales person claimed asian women are perfect to wear 0.3-0.4c which I agreed too.

SK : Their true love is just so so and considered expensive

Love and Co : Very knowledgeable salesgirl, impressive crystal box and bear soft toys on a swings. But pricey

Poh Kong : Not many choice, their 101 facet Hemera is simply too busy. Yes, more shiny but too busy. And the reflection is smaller. Still consider traditional 57 facets is the best cutting design, and displayed hearts and arrows which means a lot in proposal ring. Price is reasonable, Hemera 101 facets 0.3c selling at 3-4k.

Finally settle down with Diamond and Platinum, satisfied with their Estrella diamond and platinum setting at a reasonable price. Nice and friendly salesgirl too.

Tips :

1. Female salesperson are generally more enthusiastic in explaining than males. With exceptions, of course. Speak to a female salesperson first.

2. Triple excellent on cutting must be accompanied with : " ideal hearts and arrows " at the comment section. 3E only is rather common.

3. From my research, IGI is more lenient than GIA on colour by 1 grade. Let say IGI grade it as G, then prob get H in GIA. Of course rarely you can find a diamond with 2 certs. BTW, the salesgirl said it is not true, IGI cert better than GIA ? I don't quite agree.

4. See the hearts and arrows. If mounted on ring, only can see the arrows. But sometimes the cert has the image of hearts too. Learn how to diff good or bad hearts and arrows. Normally you still see some irregular in shapes and angles despite ideal hearts and arrows. http://www.heartsandarrows.com/hearts-arrows-diamond-ideal-cut-dna.aspx

5. Follow your heart ! You will know which is the right one.

Good luck !

Hi all,

I have did a survey to Dagem and My Diamond, here are the result:-

Dagem

1) 0.44ct G VS2 - RM6000

2) 0.35ct E VS2 - RM4900

My Diamond

1) 0.33ct F VS2 - RM5388

I believe Dagem's price is more attractive, any comment? Is the price reasonable?

Hi All,

I was quoted :

0.47c E VS1 - RM3.8k with setting.

at first bf and me was so tempted to purchase that ring immediately.

The SA trying hard to persuade bf and me thats the best deal ever. Luckily I hold myself back and do some survey before purchase.

The rocks is cheap because the cutting, symm and polish is good, not 3x or VG.

Hi all, I am in the midst of getting my ring. What does it mean when the Gia cert indicate additional insceiptionof h&a ? Thanks

Sorry , I've never heard of insception of h&a. You might need to check with the sales person.

Hi All,

I was quoted :

0.47c E VS1 - RM3.8k with setting.

at first bf and me was so tempted to purchase that ring immediately.

The SA trying hard to persuade bf and me thats the best deal ever. Luckily I hold myself back and do some survey before purchase.

The rocks is cheap because the cutting, symm and polish is good, not 3x or VG.

Ya , cutting is very important. Must get 3 ex.

I made the purchase of my ring at a shop in ss2. The owner was very nice and did not rush us into making a purchase.

The spec of my ring

0.41c E vvs2 triple ex on 18k white gold setting with 16 small diamonds on the sides for the price of rm5,200.

I guess its a good price as the quality of the diamond is very good. However, there's an additional inscription of h&a on the gia cert which I had not come across in any of the gia cert I've seen in wah chan or Habib.

Any of you heard of Celebrities Hk fine jewellery in SS2 before ??

Thanks

Hi all, I am in the midst of getting my ring. What does it mean when the Gia cert indicate additional insceiptionof h&a ? Thanks

Hi Ellen,

GIA will not analyze the H&A, it only report H&A if there is word laser printed "H&A" in the girdle. Furthermore, you can write anything in the girdle with a cost.

For example if you found a diamond, and you ask GIA to print "H&A" in the girdle and certify it, then in the certificaiton will be written "H&A".

Basically you would not be able to define the quality H&A based on what is written in the certificate.

However, some shop has identified it themselves and select the best looking H&A shape diamond, and sell it with higher price.

In my distributor, you can see the Heart and Arrow looks using the firescope, and furthermore we have define it just like the shop did.

Our price is much cheaper than the shop.

As i mentioned, the wah chan price tag is almost 11k, after discount is 9.5k. In my distri you can get below 8k. Same GIA certificate.

This one applies for 3ex (triple excellent) diamond,

If you are aiming for the 2ex-VG, my distributor price is even cheaper.

Why dont you try give me whatsapp or sms with the diamond spec that you want and see the price in the shop,

and i will tell you the distributor price.

I am sure it will be worth it

Best of luck!

Hi all,

I have did a survey to Dagem and My Diamond, here are the result:-

Dagem

1) 0.44ct G VS2 - RM6000

2) 0.35ct E VS2 - RM4900

My Diamond

1) 0.33ct F VS2 - RM5388

I believe Dagem's price is more attractive, any comment? Is the price reasonable?

I can get you much cheaper.

Same GIA certificate.

You may verify it in any jewelry shop.

Contact me if you are interested.

Hi all, hopefully this thread is still active.

I'm a total newbie in diamonds but I wanted to get a real nice ring for my gf for my proposal.

After looking through all the 29 pages, I think DeGem is a solid brand, so I went to the one in 1U just now to have a look.

I am interested in a 0.39c, F, VS1 Lazare ring, but was quoted RM8K, which is actually over my budget (I was targetting for 5-6k only).

However, I really like the ring, but I would not want to buy an overpriced ring (like I mentioned, I'm totally ignorant on diamonds price).

Could you all advice whether the ring is worth it?

Also, usually how much lower that I can bargain from the salesperson?

The sales guy told me this is a very nice bargain and will be most likely sold within the next few days, so I wish I can do a decision fast.

Hopefully you all can help me on this.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

the diamond u mentioned worth 3000 ringgit only (triple excelent-highest spec in GIA), the ring if it is white gold (without side diamond) is only like 800 ringgit.

except if the design is really unique and wonderful and then u are a branded person. That you can go for it.

if you are more to quality and price, contact me and i will quote the price for you.

I made the purchase of my ring at a shop in ss2. The owner was very nice and did not rush us into making a purchase.

The spec of my ring

0.41c E vvs2 triple ex on 18k white gold setting with 16 small diamonds on the sides for the price of rm5,200.

I guess its a good price as the quality of the diamond is very good. However, there's an additional inscription of h&a on the gia cert which I had not come across in any of the gia cert I've seen in wah chan or Habib.

Thanks

Hi,

Your diamond price is around 4000 ringgit (distributor price - 3excellent), then the ring (white gold + side diamond) is around 1000 ringgit.

I would say you have good offer. The H&A in the certificate is not guarantee the heart and arrow shape, ask him to show u under the firescope.

Ensure it is GIA or/and AGS certificate (don't choose IGI, IGI is grading everything lower than GIA and AGS) and Ensure that the GIA certificate date is this year!

GIA excellent = AGS ideal. Ensure it is triple = all the 3 parameters are excelent (cut, symmetry, polish) and Non-fluoroscent is even better.

Best of luck.

Hello people,

I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend and after looking through tons of forums and learning all the must knows about diamonds from the web, I'm currently eyeing the Estrella brand by D&P which fits my budget and minimum criteria of 0.5-1.0 carat.

Estrella 0.777 ct, G VS 2 with Pt950 ring and was offered RM19000.

Am I getting a good deal here?

The spec of my ring

Thanks

Hi,

Your diamond price is around 4000 ringgit (distributor price - 3excellent), then the ring (white gold + side diamond) is around 1000 ringgit.

I would say you have good offer. The H&A in the certificate is not guarantee the heart and arrow shape, ask him to show u under the firescope.

Ensure it is GIA or/and AGS certificate (don't choose IGI, IGI is grading everything lower than GIA and AGS) and Ensure that the GIA certificate date is this year!

GIA excellent = AGS ideal. Ensure it is triple = all the 3 parameters are excelent (cut, symmetry, polish) and Non-fluoroscent is even better.

Best of luck.

Why ensure that the GIA certificate date is this year?

Hi Guys,

I get an offer of:

Carat:0.31
Cut:Excellent
Lab:GIA - around 2011 cert
Clarity:VVS1
Color:E
Polish:Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
Fluorescence:None
Metal: white gold - ring
at price of RM4100, was that worth it?