Hi guys and girls,

How much would a:

0.4ct, D Color, VS1 Clarity, 3EX GIA Diamond cost?

I was quoted RM6,600 with the following:

1. Multimedia Ring Box - that box has an LCD and speakers inside and will play your video/photo/music when the box is opened.

2. 18k White Gold - 4 pronged ring

3. The Diamond.

Is it a good buy?

Can anybody advice if DeBeers cert is any better than GIA? Went to DeGem and their Forever Mark diamond does not come with GIA cert only with DeBeers passport.

Anybody can advice?

Carat : 0.31

Color : E

Clarity : VS2

Cut : Ex

Was quoted Rm3900 including white gold setting.

And a diamond with GIA cert from Wah Chan with spect below quoted at Rm3550 including white gold setting

Carat : 0.37

Color : E

Clarity : SI1

Cut : Ex

Hi everyone,

Im a guy and gonna propose soon. Have a budget of RM20k for a diamond ring.

Any possibilities to lay hand on a 2 ct diamond with cert?

Thanks!

Happy New Year everyone~! Hopefully this thread is still active... :unsure:

I got proposed on Christmas day with a "dummy" proposal ring - the promise ring he gave me on the first V-day we celebrated together. This is because I used to tell him that I want to pick my own engagement ring when the day comes..hehehe..

I'm undecided between gemstone ring and diamond ring. I have always wanted a colored-stone ring but it seems like we have limited choice here in Malaysia (if you know any place that has wide selections of good gemstone ring with reasonable price, please let me know. Very much appreciated..)

We went shopping yesterday and below are the quotes we got for diamond ring in platinum setting:

- GIA .36ct, H, VS1, Triple EX, None fluorescence for RM4,339/-

- LAZARE .35ct, I, VS2 for RM6,993/-

- GIA .51ct, G, VS1, Triple EX, None Fluorescence for RM10,540/-

- LAZARE .54ct, I, VS2 for RM13,872/-

Which one do you think is the better deal? I personally think that the smaller one fits me better as my FH expects me to wear the ring everyday until the day we are officially married. :) Do share your thoughts..thanks..

Hello gorgeous. I need some advise from the experts here..

I am looking for a 0.4 Carrat. I've entered few shops in klang valley:

1. Tiffany and Co Klcc

2. Habib jewels ampang point, alamanda, mid valley

3. De gem at HQ Bangsar

4. Le lumere Garden mid valley

6. Tomei ampang point

7.poh kong Hamera

8.love and co

9.wah chan

The price for diamonds i obtained are (all prices are after nego):

0.41 H VS1 RM 9100 Lazare

0.43 G. VS2 RM 9900 Lazare

0.42 H S1 RM 9760 HOF Habib Ampang Point

0.4 H VS2 RM 8600 HOF (The one I had book)

0.4 H VS1 RM 6688 Le Lumere

0.3 G VS 2 RM 5500 Love and Co GIA cert

0.7 E VS 1 RM 6000 GIA cert Wah Chan

What do u think of the price that I had already book? The price is with 18K white gold casing (which already my size and I believe I had found My dream ring). Although Wah Chan and Le Lumere quote me cheaper..but I couldnt not resist my heart and eyes toward Hearts on fire diamond. Do u think the price that I got is a good deal? Thank you and your kind reply will be highly appreciated!

Happy New Year everyone~! Hopefully this thread is still active... :unsure:

I got proposed on Christmas day with a "dummy" proposal ring - the promise ring he gave me on the first V-day we celebrated together. This is because I used to tell him that I want to pick my own engagement ring when the day comes..hehehe..

I'm undecided between gemstone ring and diamond ring. I have always wanted a colored-stone ring but it seems like we have limited choice here in Malaysia (if you know any place that has wide selections of good gemstone ring with reasonable price, please let me know. Very much appreciated..)

We went shopping yesterday and below are the quotes we got for diamond ring in platinum setting:

- GIA .36ct, H, VS1, Triple EX, None fluorescence for RM4,339/-

- LAZARE .35ct, I, VS2 for RM6,993/-

- GIA .51ct, G, VS1, Triple EX, None Fluorescence for RM10,540/-

- LAZARE .54ct, I, VS2 for RM13,872/-

Which one do you think is the better deal? I personally think that the smaller one fits me better as my FH expects me to wear the ring everyday until the day we are officially married. :) Do share your thoughts..thanks..

During my readings toward diamond..a person who claimed himself as gemologist mentioned that Lazare is a high tempered diamond and not natural diamond as others GIA and HOF. Lazare u will obtained only in house Lazare cert.

Just sharing my experience.

I bought a 0.83 ct, h colour, if clarity diamond from lazare degem in 2013 for rm36k!

Totally regretted it after I met one of Malaysia & Singapore diamond and gem wholesaler.

You can always check the GIA CERT on theie website using their report check to see if the diamond is authenticated. Only GIA LAB can do the inscription with the cert no.

The difference between a Lab Cert and retail cert- cartier, forevermark and lazare is just that these retail certs are used as marketing gimmick for branding purposes. They hiked up the prices at least more than 300 percent than the cost as their brand has been build over more than 100 years.

As for lab cert they go through proper and strict steps to certify a diamond. In GIA 5 CERTIFIED gematologists will examined the diamond under the best conditions.

So relying on Gia cert will not manipulate you.

The differences between a wholesaler and retailer in Malaysia is that most retailer gets the stock from them!

A retailer at most have 5 to 20 pieces of readily available solitaires at each store whereas wholesalers have more than 100k pieces of stones.

Branded solitaires- lazare, cartier, hearts on fire by habib and tiffany brand their solitaires using different names to hike up the prices

A brilliant cut diamond will have the rflection of 8 arrows on top and when ypu flip it over it would reflect 8 hearts. So there is maximum reflection og light that leads to the perfect shine and NOT EVERY TRIPLE EXCELLENT STONE HAS HEARTS AND ARROWS.

THe gia cert that we usually are exposed to are only the surface summary of the solitaire so even majority oof the sales personnel won't even know but tell us it is the best!!! Which we wont even know to begin with and get all confused later on.

The dates are important because retailers take in traded stones so there is always a tendency of getting a 2nd hand and value will decrease if it has been used.

Wholesalers never take in trade ins and they work according to your budget instead!! Their running gia certs are usually at least a mth before the current date!

Long story cut short i ended up realising the rock i bought only worth less than rm15k ='(

A perfect 1ct only costs me rm25k and the differences in colour, quality and shine is so obvious. Decided to go to wholesaler for life and they do any designs and lifetime warranty.free engraving and resizing also!!!

vx0tpy.jpg

How much should charge for the above diamond spec ?

My friend told me around 4k, is that true ?

and how to know the GIA is real ?

Just google up gia report check and key in the number.

Last week my friend'S mom in Klang nearly got conned by those door to door salesmam for a 1ct as she already modified the cert.

So do vouch your cert before buying!!!

The wholesaler i went to explained the differences im the cert. If not betul betul get conned 23k for modified cert and treated stone =.=""

Yes yours should be around 4k

Carat :0.50
Color :E
Clarity :Sl1
Cut :Very Good
Polish :very Good
Symmetry:Excellent
Fluoresense:None
(RM 6300.00)

Carat :0.40
Color :G
Clarity :VS1
Cut :Very Good
Polish :Excellent
Symmetry:Very Good
Fluoresense:None
(RM 5200.00)

Both with GIA :D

Dear all,

I'm new in here and need a little help.

May I know is the price for both the above reasonable?

*Oh ya, 0.50 carat with platinum band.

Thanks alot!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Stick with GIA Triple Excellent as a minimum requisite when selecting diamonds for the best cut. Both GIA Very Good cut diamonds are in truth, just mediocre.

This step by step engagement ring guide here should be able to offer you more insights on how to select diamonds.

Hi all, I need a suggestion for proposal ring, 0.5 c and above for budget not more than 20k

20K, you cant get more than 0.5c. with GIA tripple excellent.

Go and shop around, you will know roughly what you can get with 20K

20k is a very good budget

Hi all, I need a suggestion for proposal ring, 0.5 c and above for budget not more than 20k

My friend recently bought a 0.7c at Degem for slightly below 20k. Can't remember the specs though..you might want to check it out yourself. Cheers!

GIA Cert

Shape and Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Carat: D 1/0.30
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluoresense: None

Clarity Characteristics: Feather, Crystal, Cloud

Is RM5499 a reasonable market price?

i have one ring to let go

Brand : Forevermark
Cut : Excellent
Colour : G
Clarity : VS2
Carat : 0.21-0.34-0.21
Full set with original certificates and receipt from Degem Bangsar bought in year 2013

Current retail price : RM8xxx (after nego) 

Letting go for RM7000

let me know if anyone is interested

forevermark.JPG

Just sharing my experience.

I bought a 0.83 ct, h colour, if clarity diamond from lazare degem in 2013 for rm36k!

Totally regretted it after I met one of Malaysia

You can always check the GIA CERT on theie website using their report check to see if the diamond is authenticated. Only GIA LAB can do the inscription with the cert no.

The difference between a Lab Cert and retail cert- cartier, forevermark and lazare is just that these retail certs are used as marketing gimmick for branding purposes. They hiked up the prices at least more than 300 percent than the cost as their brand has been build over more than 100 years.

As for lab cert they go through proper and strict steps to certify a diamond. In GIA 5 CERTIFIED gematologists will examined the diamond under the best conditions.

So relying on Gia cert will not manipulate you.

The differences between a wholesaler and retailer in Malaysia is that most retailer gets the stock from them!

A retailer at most have 5 to 20 pieces of readily available solitaires at each store whereas wholesalers have more than 100k pieces of stones.

Branded solitaires- lazare, cartier, hearts on fire by habib and tiffany brand their solitaires using different names to hike up the prices

A brilliant cut diamond will have the rflection of 8 arrows on top and when ypu flip it over it would reflect 8 hearts. So there is maximum reflection og light that leads to the perfect shine and NOT EVERY TRIPLE EXCELLENT STONE HAS HEARTS AND ARROWS.

THe gia cert that we usually are exposed to are only the surface summary of the solitaire so even majority oof the sales personnel won't even know but tell us it is the best!!! Which we wont even know to begin with and get all confused later on.

The dates are important because retailers take in traded stones so there is always a tendency of getting a 2nd hand and value will decrease if it has been used.

Wholesalers never take in trade ins and they work according to your budget instead!! Their running gia certs are usually at least a mth before the current date!

Long story cut short i ended up realising the rock i bought only worth less than rm15k ='(

A perfect 1ct only costs me rm25k and the differences in colour, quality and shine is so obvious. Decided to go to wholesaler for life and they do any designs and lifetime warranty.free engraving and resizing also!!!

Where is a good wholeseller to go to in KL?

Hi all , 

If you guys are interested in loose diamonds and coloured gemstones (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald) visit http://www.zcova.com. 

We at ZCOVA provides only the best selections of diamonds based on your request. Our prices are unbeatable compared to retailers. We only source for the highest quality diamonds from the leading manufacturers and sight holders in the world. Our diamonds are graded by the best Laboratory GIA, HRD and IGI. 

Aside from Diamonds, ZCOVA also provide the best selection of Coloured Gemstones from Ruby , Sapphire and Emeralds. We only select untreated gemstones with certificate from the best Coloured Gemstone laboratory GRS, SSEF, and GIA. Only the top 5% of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald will be selected by ZCOVA. If you have any question please log on to our website http://www.zcova.com and send us an email. 

can anyone help me if below is consider good spec ? is IGI not good as GIA .  the report date is shown 30 nov 2015 . any problem with that ? is that consider reject ? its form Diamond & Platinum estrella collection corazon

IGI.JPG

Ring.JPG

Edited by LavanyaG92

can anyone help me if below is consider good spec ? is IGI not good as GIA .  the report date is shown 30 nov 2015 . any problem with that ? is that consider reject ? its form Diamond & Platinum estrella collection corazon

IGI.JPG

Ring.JPG

From the specs, it seems to meet those standard set by some jeweller's expert: http://niceice.com/diamond-buying-secrets/5-minutes-diamond-buying-success/

Although if you read from Beyond4cs: http://beyond4cs.com/grading/difference-between-gia-ags-egl-igi/ that IGI is less recommended than GIA/AGS because it is not that strict in comparison, like Colour, etc... but I will give Estrella the benefit of the doubt because I have seen a sample stone recently and its Hearts & Arrows are perfect. But mind you, I have only seen the sample stone, so this does not guarantee each stone will be as good as the one I saw. The one I saw is in MV branch. If possible, request to look at the diamond from the top (for the Arrows) and from the bottom (for the Hearts) before making any purchase. Usually most salesperson will say that the stone is already mounted onto the ring setting, so you cannot see the hearts, so in this case, I may ask for a loose Estrella diamonds for me to choose if I were you. I did not try to ask before because I did not purchase from them, but I do think that is possible. No harm trying.

You may also read about it on my blog here: http://myengagementringexperience.blogspot.my/2016/08/diamond-platinum-estrella-diamond.html

Also, lastly, may I know what is the price that is quoted, including the ring setting?

Edited by blogger.yang

allove diamond versus estrella diamond... which is better.. allove diamonds has 10 hearts and arrows. 

both looks really nice and with proper certification but allove diamond has the light performance cert.

any input on which to choose?