just bought a diamond from wah chan

GIA cert

but 0.43 ct; G; SI1 fluorecence slight; RM2208

good deal?

hello, i went to wah chan to have a look at the loose diamonds, yes, its very cheap compare to others...but can you just check of the serial number inside the GIA Cert true or not true..

just curious hehehe

thanks

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm

I've narrowed down my options to only getting Lazare diamonds.Their premiums are worth the price!

Great timing as Lazare is having promotion right now and I'm now down to the following 2 options.

0.45 F VS1 MYR 8,600

0.39 H VS1 MYR 4,850

I have put them side by side. Honestly, I can't really see the difference in sizes. This is probably of the distraction from the sparkle. I was able to have some optical illusion of a bigger size if I place them in a 4 claw setting. However, I can see some (very slight) differences in the colour, but that's only if I see them under white light with a white background. It seems like a no brainer to go for the 0.45 as the price per carat of the 0.39 is way lower and does seem like a pretty good deal. Any thoughts?

I thought I could still get at least a 0.5 above Lazare within my MYR 8K budget with their current promotions. There's a few lower end of 0.5s with SI and I colour grade....which is still about MYR 8.3 - 8.6K.......

I vote for 0.45 F VS1!!! Very good price!

Thanks for your thought. Been thinking (still thinking) quite hard about this option actually. I haven't compare both side by side. I've compared the 0.39 ct with another 0.45 ct of the same characteristics. SA over at Degem is kind enough to transport both to the same branch for me to have a look (for some deposit of course)

I reckon both are quite good price for Lazare diamonds. Even a regular GIA with extremely good cuts (optimal excellence - not borderline) are selling rather close to these prices. I've seen a few (they are extremely rare) and I almost bought them but thought I'll give this promotion a try first. It was then that I've decided to go for the promotion Lazare!

Anyway, I tend to favour the 0.39 ct due to the fact that I can't see much difference in the sizes. The 0.39 ct is also a newer stone (but don't think this is anything major). But, will decide when I see it and compare them for real and decide over the week. But still appreciate your thoughts on this BunnynWife. You do seem like the resident expert here..

I'll put the savings from this ring (from my original budget) into the wedding bands.....unless it's a no...:(

hi.. i was wondering if anyone knows if there are any other diamond sales coming up?

Erm.. don't know if it's too late to let you know now but Tomei is having a diamond fair in 1U old wing and Wash Chan is also having sale now.

aruza,

Just bought one from Wah Chan with GIA cert and checked it. They are GIA diamonds.

exp008,

I've just bought a loose diamond from Wah Chan and it cost me RM4400.. details as below :

Cut : Excellent Round Brilliant

Carat : 0.54

Color : G

Clarity : SI1

With GIA cert and no fluorescence. Got a 18K WG setting with 0.323 (60 pcs) diamond around it for RM2100. So with RM18k budget I'm sure you can get a nice one for your gf. You can opt for a plain setting and use that additional money for the diamond.

BTW to all the experts in here LOL.. I don't know if I got a bargain for my ring or not. Maybe someone can share their thoughts?

Got a 18K WG setting with 0.323 (60 pcs) diamond around it for RM2100.

erm just checking but i think there is a typo in there right?

A 0.323 stone is quite big so i'm guessing 6 pcs and not 60?

either that or the size is missing a zero behind the decimal point x.x

Yes bunnynwife is right.. it's 60 pcs of small diamonds which totals to 0.323ct. So would you girls think it's a good price? Or did I buy it too expensive?

Hi everyone,

which one would u choose

Carat club GIA cert diamond F color 0.6 carat or

Lazare Diamond I color 0.46 carat?

Bigger diamond or sparkly and nice branded diamond?

Advice please.. Thanks

Hi everyone,

which one would u choose

Advice please.. Thanks

It really depends. You didn't put in any clarity, cut and price for comparison. If the CC GIA diamond is a 3EX with a extremely good cut, it's possible the similar sized Lazare (with the current promotion) might cost the same.....

On choice between a sparkly vs size for the same price...I would prefer to go for the sparkle (not necessary branded). Because this is an engagement ring and I think a perfect well cut diamond is important. You can always opt for a bigger, good cut diamond later as a regular gift.

But if you really can't decide, the go with your gut feel, which one...do you think...when you put it in the right setting, is going to make your proposal a special one..

Hi everyone,

which one would u choose

Advice please.. Thanks

It really depends. You didn't put in any clarity, cut and price for comparison. If the CC GIA diamond is a 3EX with a extremely good cut, it's possible the similar sized Lazare (with the current promotion) might cost the same.....

On choice between a sparkly vs size for the same price...I would prefer to go for the sparkle (not necessary branded). Because this is an engagement ring and I think a perfect well cut diamond is important. You can always opt for a bigger, good cut diamond later as a regular gift.

But if you really can't decide, the go with your gut feel, which one...do you think...when you put it in the right setting, is going to make your proposal a special one..

Hi Pandemonium,

Thanks for the reply. The price its almost the same. But the cut for GIA not excellent but very good(i hope the terms is right :P) hehe. That's why i'm a little confuse which one is better. huhu. bigger carat or lazare.

My lazare diamond with casing 0.45c VS1 I color = 6300. Do you think its a good bargain here?

Thanks

I've narrowed down my options to only getting Lazare diamonds.Their premiums are worth the price!

Great timing as Lazare is having promotion right now and I'm now down to the following 2 options.

0.45 F VS1 MYR 8,600

0.39 H VS1 MYR 4,850

I have put them side by side. Honestly, I can't really see the difference in sizes. This is probably of the distraction from the sparkle. I was able to have some optical illusion of a bigger size if I place them in a 4 claw setting. However, I can see some (very slight) differences in the colour, but that's only if I see them under white light with a white background. It seems like a no brainer to go for the 0.45 as the price per carat of the 0.39 is way lower and does seem like a pretty good deal. Any thoughts?

I thought I could still get at least a 0.5 above Lazare within my MYR 8K budget with their current promotions. There's a few lower end of 0.5s with SI and I colour grade....which is still about MYR 8.3 - 8.6K.......

M a newbie in diamond purchase. Just a silly Q. I visited Degem, Gardens. Noted price difference. They quoted 0.45 F VS1 MYR9660. Just curious, Dont Degem offer same pricing for the same diamond spec or did i not negotiating enough. Pls advise

0.45 F VS1 MYR 8,600

0.39 H VS1 MYR 4,850

M a newbie in diamond purchase. Just a silly Q. I visited Degem, Gardens. Noted price difference. They quoted 0.45 F VS1 MYR9660. Just curious, Dont Degem offer same pricing for the same diamond spec or did i not negotiating enough. Pls advise

Does yours comes with a setting? The price I indicated here are for loose diamonds. 18K WG setting will set you back about MYR1K, which roughly comes to the same price.

Hi everyone,

which one would u choose

Advice please.. Thanks

Hi Pandemonium,

Thanks for the reply. The price its almost the same. But the cut for GIA not excellent but very good(i hope the terms is right :P) hehe. That's why i'm a little confuse which one is better. huhu. bigger carat or lazare.

My lazare diamond with casing 0.45c VS1 I color = 6300. Do you think its a good bargain here?

Thanks

Which is better again is subjective and up to you. It's just like when you buy a car. Some think car's engine size is more important than an established brand....But I personally wouldn't go for anything less than at least a GIA 3EX, VS2, H Colour. I wouldn't go for the Carat Club one in this case.

From my very limited experience, the lazare diamond is quite a good buy. But check the I colour against a white background with say...E/F colour and see if you're happy with the yellowish tint. I've seen differences with I onwards. It again depends if you can live with it....happy choosing.

Just bought a Diamond ring, with 18K WG setting, from HABIB- Mid Valley (on 24 Apr 2010, Opening promotion).

Below are the specifications for your reference:

0.3c, D, VS1, GIA

Cutting very good,

polish excellence,

symmetry very good.

fluorescence: none

Price MYR: 2,800

Just want to ask around to the expert, is this deal worth its price? TQ.

My bf jz bought a loose diamond during the fair of Habib in Midvalley.

0.7 carat, G color, VS2, triple excellent with GIA cert, RM8000

+ casting (18k ring), RM472

the total of the diamond ring is RM8472.\

Do u all think this is a good deal? This is my propasal ring. :wub::wub::wub:

Oh dear didn't know Habib jewels was gonna have a promotion. I reckon both LuckyMan and share_heart, you guys got a good deal!

Hi all... I am new to this forum.

Have recently started hunting for an engagement ring.

Came across this diamond which I think it's quite a good deal

0.61ct

Colour G

Clarity VVS1

Triple Excellent Cut

Flourescence : None

Comment : Pinpoint

RM7,600 for just the diamond.

What do you think of the offer? Personally, I would prefer a slightly smaller diamond with E/F colour but it's difficult to find a diamond with these specs at this price, I think.

Sounds like quite a good deal. Mind sharing the name of the sales person? I have spoken to a couple of Habib sales execs. Not too knowledgeable.

Sounds like quite a good deal. Mind sharing the name of the sales person? I have spoken to a couple of Habib sales execs. Not too knowledgeable.

Steven tan, sales supervisor from midvalley branch. :wub:

Steven tan, sales supervisor from midvalley branch. :wub:

Thanks. Will look him up. Do you have the GIA report no. of your gem? I would like to check out the dimensions.

Ok. Actually, there are other factors that determine the value of the gem, other than the 4Cs. The price may be discounted if the gem has flourescense or clarity issues. Similarly, if it is a superb cut, the jeweller may charge more for it. The GIA definition of an Excellent cut is quite broad. AGS is more stringent and even test for light performance. That is why gems like the Lazare and Hearts on Fire are more expensive. Superior cut.