We are currently doing market research on diamonds for sale in Malaysia. Which one would you guys choose between the following:

Lazare Diamond with platinum setting going for RM41,800:

(a) 1.09 Carat

(b) H Colour

© VS1 Clarity

GIA Diamond with platinum setting going for RM42,700:

(a) 1.20 Carat

(b) F Colour

© VS1 Clarity

(d) Tripple Exceelence Cut

(e) No fluorescence

i just got my wedding ring which is condition as below:-

D colour

VS1 clarity, comment : cloud, pinpoint

0.33 carat

triple excellent

no fluorescence

white gold setting

GIA cert

i get my ring at RM3980 after some bargain

both me and my hubby are not going for the lazare diamond as it is totally over our budget, and the one we bought, we had compare the cutting angle /dimension with lazare one and it is within the requirement of lazare hahas, though sound stupid but its only for self-console :dry: . we had compare both diamond (lazare and normal one) side by side, but we did notice that it not much different as we not so professional...

We are currently doing market research on diamonds for sale in Malaysia. Which one would you guys choose between the following:

Lazare Diamond with platinum setting going for RM41,800:

(a) 1.09 Carat

(b) H Colour

© VS1 Clarity

GIA Diamond with platinum setting going for RM42,700:

(a) 1.20 Carat

(b) F Colour

© VS1 Clarity

(d) Tripple Exceelence Cut

(e) No fluorescence

think most of the ppl will firstly look at the lazare diamond and thereafter will compare with the GIA diamond, as lazare has been quite sometimes in the market and they had famous with sparkle diamonds, this only my point of view :lol:

Ok. Actually, there are other factors that determine the value of the gem, other than the 4Cs. The price may be discounted if the gem has flourescense or clarity issues. Similarly, if it is a superb cut, the jeweller may charge more for it. The GIA definition of an Excellent cut is quite broad. AGS is more stringent and even test for light performance. That is why gems like the Lazare and Hearts on Fire are more expensive. Superior cut.

Talking about the certification, i understand that GIA certification is more preferred and i found a lot of bad comments regarding IGI. Would like to hear more from you on IGI as i have bought a triple Excellent with IGI certification. Should have done my research before i buy it.

hi

i went around look for engagement ring

very headache ..duno how to pick for value for money

i went to my diamond , diamond & platinum, poh kong, lazo

all to me look the same..

i m not expert, also duno how to pick

hope to get some help here

my budget is around 2.5k to 3.5k

D & P

having promotion now

i got this offer

diamond platinum ring

the diamond - estrella, 0.334 carat/I/VS2 rm 4609 after discount 20 % = rm 3600

worth buying?

i also went to my diamond

but the de luminere series... no discount 1

saw 1 ring , if not mistaken 0.4 carat but oli 3.5 k..

any 1 can give me some suggestion?

on wat i can get with my tight budget of 2.5 -3.5 k?

saw wah chan advertisment...the GIA stone look cheaper with same money can get higher carat for the diamond

so i am now confuse wat to buy?

can any 1 help me?

thanks

18 k gold better or platinum better?

which 1 more expenisve?

to me , i oli know both of them are aloi , base on my stpm knowledge..

otherwise really have no idea on it

went to sum forum

quote like this

since we r not expert.. is always better look for a bigger stone....

n its better look for 0.29 carat rather than o.31 carat , coz the price is very much different n the size is almost the same

or 0.45 carat than o.51 carat

wat do u think?

hpw true is the qoute?

Hi abc123,

In my opinion, unless your gf has a pre-requisite on how big the stone should be, you should always look for stones with the best cut. For GIA stones that would mean 3x Excellent or Triple Excellent. For stones with AGS certificate, they would be Ideal cut.

Also, from my experience shopping for diamonds, Asian ladies tend to look best with a ring carrying a 0.5 carat and below due to the smaller fingers. Again, like I said just now, if your gf somehow indicated that she likes BIG stones, then you have to get a stone with the size she likes (you have to sacrifice on color and clarity for that).

For color of the diamond, I would say if budget was a concern, feel free to choose stones up until H or I color. As for clarity, it really is negligible to the naked eye and SI1 or SI2 is still acceptable to many hehe.

Hi abc123,

In my opinion, unless your gf has a pre-requisite on how big the stone should be, you should always look for stones with the best cut. For GIA stones that would mean 3x Excellent or Triple Excellent. For stones with AGS certificate, they would be Ideal cut.

Also, from my experience shopping for diamonds, Asian ladies tend to look best with a ring carrying a 0.5 carat and below due to the smaller fingers. Again, like I said just now, if your gf somehow indicated that she likes BIG stones, then you have to get a stone with the size she likes (you have to sacrifice on color and clarity for that).

For color of the diamond, I would say if budget was a concern, feel free to choose stones up until H or I color. As for clarity, it really is negligible to the naked eye and SI1 or SI2 is still acceptable to many hehe.

For the budget conscious like me, I agree with you on many of the points mentioned. :biggrin:

3x Excellent is not really a must if your budget is really tight but highly recommended. I actually couldn't tell a V.good from an excellent, same goes with clarity, seriously can't tell a SI1/2 from a VS1/2 unless you look under a 10x loupe. As for colour, i can accept H/I and even up to J, but might need to get something with faint or mild blue fluorescence to counter the very very slight tinge in some I/J coloured stones.

I paid low Rm3K recently (diamond only) for an "I" coloured, 3x Ex, 0.59ct, SI1, no fluorescence. Fire/brilliance were comparable to those D/E/F stones (at least to my naked eye lol). I guess the proportions of the diamond plays a huge part as well. Very satisfied with the price:performance ratio :tongue: haha. Although including the setting, the ring's total cost was slightly higher than my budget (tiffany setting), I was ok in paying because of the good service offered and good price the sales person gave for the diamond (let her earn abit more through the ring :smile:)

Have to keep in mind that every colour, carat, clarity, symmetry, polish, cut grades that you want it "higher" will result in a jump in price as well. As mentioned many times throughout this thread, once a stone goes up every 0.1 carat, the price jumps up as well. E.g. Although the weight difference is the same (0.05ct difference) between 0.46ct vs 0.51ct and 0.42ct vs 0.47ct, the price jump is bigger in the first scenario because it jumps from 0.4~ct to 0.5~ct range. You have to see the stone for yourself and weigh the pros/cons and decide if the $ that you are paying for the v.good grade vs excellent grade or heavier carat or higher colour grade etc. is worth it or not. Of course there are other things to consider like table, depth etc. but that will be too long to list it out over here lol

As I always tell people who go into too much details care too much about the specifications of the GIA (or other agency) reports, "You are buying a ring for your girl to wear on finger, not a GIA cert/report to hang around her neck". As long as the stone looks good to you, price is ok and within your budget, it should be ok! Don't be pressured by talks of the 'perfect' diamond, 3x Ex, IF clarity and such. Just go with your gut feeling :bruce: lol

I think it's a good time to buy diamonds now till like mid/end-September because of the sales and price offs that many jewelers are offering during this Raya/M'sian Sales period. I saw a few good priced stones on an Ad on last weekend's The Star newspaper. Take your time and don't be pushed or rushed by the Sales person when buying or looking at stones, they are there to serve you anyways, no obligation to purchase on the spot :biggrin:

Happy hunting for the perfect stone for your perfect girl/lady!

hihi,

thanks for your advice..

so is this a good offer?

diamond platinum ring

(actually i didnt bargain yet, that the price the sales personal mention to me only)

my proposal will be on dec,

coz i know likely there will be no promotion on oct /nov

shall i settle with this ring.. or look 4 a better bargain

my gf dont have any preference.. her finger is small..

just that i have that kinda concept is big is forever look more noticable gua...

do y have any recommendation?

my budget maximun will be 4k

thanks

hihi,

thanks for your advice..

so is this a good offer?

diamond platinum ring

(actually i didnt bargain yet, that the price the sales personal mention to me only)

just that i have that kinda concept is big is forever look more noticable gua...

thanks

Hi there,

Is the diamond Excellent Cut? And is the ring Platinum?

hihi..actually the sales person didnt mention about cut..

i think estrella diamond , will claimed all the diamond is excellent cut gua

its on the platinum ring..

n normally how much we can bargain with the jewelry shop?

hihi..actually the sales person didnt mention about cut..

i think estrella diamond , will claimed all the diamond is excellent cut gua

its on the platinum ring..

n normally how much we can bargain with the jewelry shop?

I am not a pro too :wacko3: but I have done a lot of surveys for my wedding band so I thought of just sharing my experiences.

If D&P is offering Excellent cut and platinum ring for RM3600 with GIA cert, I think the price is acceptable/reasonable. I don't think you can bargain with D&P, but try and see la, no harm. Good Luck!

I am still on the lookout for my platinum setting haha. Will check out Diamond & Platinum next week perhaps. Do they sell settings alone? How about their workmanship?

thanks... sound like its market price lol... i just scare i become water fish oli la

hahaha...

than i can try to bargain .... will let u know the out come... mabe will buy next week..today might survey at kl area

hihi,

thanks for your advice..

so is this a good offer?

diamond platinum ring

thanks

Not sure if you are asking my opinion since you are reposting the question from the previous page. Anyway, if you ask me, it would seem to be a pretty good deal if it was set on a platinum ring since that itself would cost quite alot. And since you are sure it is set on platinum, I think it is not a bad offer at all since a platinum setting alone would definitely set you over 1.2k. So if you deduct that amount, the stone only cost around 2.4k which is pretty acceptable. Bear in mind too that 1.2k is very low figure I am estimating. Normal setting for platinum goes over 1.5k. But do check with D&P what is the purity of the platinum. Not sure if they are using PT 900 or PT 950

hihi,

thanks for your advice..

so is this a good offer?

diamond platinum ring

thanks

diamond platinum ring

I'm no pro by any measure but based on the fact that it is a "named" diamond (estrella, lazare, lumiere etc.), I will assume that it will naturally be a 3EX stone. My thoughts are the same as JFF above:

I think it is not a bad offer at all since a platinum setting alone would definitely set you over 1.2k. So if you deduct that amount, the stone only cost around 2.4k which is pretty acceptable. Bear in mind too that 1.2k is very low figure I am estimating. Normal setting for platinum goes over 1.5k.

However, based on what you have said above, I think you want a bigger stone. And based on your budget, if you can lower your clarity requirements to SI1 or SI2 you definitely can. It's really hard to tell the diff of a VS against SI diamond with the naked eye but just because of this VS or SI, the price difference can also be big. Also, if you go for a GIA certified diamond instead of named diamonds, you can also save like at least 15%~ onwards. You can use that amount saved to go for a heavier carat. The best way is to actually compare them in the outlet, that way you can see the actual thing and will be able to make a proper judgement.

hello there, i am new here and need some advice from all fellow friends.

can any1 share with me any idea how much will it be for a diamond below with GIA report cost?

Thank you very much.

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements: 5.42 - 5.49 x 3.28 mm

Carat Weight: 0.60 carat

Color Grade: E

Clarity Grade: VS1

PROPORTIONS:

Depth: 60.1%

Table: 63%

Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted

Culet: None

FINISH:

Polish: Good

Symmetry: Good

Fluorescence: None

CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS:

Pinpoint, Feather

Hi all, can give me some suggest for below propose ring. i'm staying at jb, not so much choice can choose. my budget around RM3k. i'm prefer soo kee propose ring, because casing design look better than tomei and lee hwa, but soo kee propose ring cut grade only good...which 1 is better? Thanks.

TOMEI Jewelry (MY)

Price - RM2999

Diamond - 0.30 carat

Model - H & A

Color - E

Clarity - SI 1

Cut - 57 cut

GIA cert:

Cut Grade: excellent

Polish: excellent

Symmetry:excellent

Fluorescent: faint

SOO KEE Jewelry (SG)

Price - RM3050

Diamond - 0.45 carat

Model - Polaris Ice

Color - E

Clarity - SI 1

Cut - 57 cut

GIA cert:

Cut Grade: good

Polish: excellent

Symmetry:very good

Fluorescent: None

LEE HWA Jewelry (SG)

Price - RM 2850

Diamond - 0.37 carat

Model - Solitaire

Color - F

Clarity - VS 2

Cut - 57 cut

GIA cert:

Cut Grade: very good

Polish: very good

Symmetry:very good

Fluorescent: None

Maybe you can try your luck at Wah Chan. Last week I saw them having exhibition at Mid Valley. Many people say their price is lower. Gud luck!

hello there, i am new here and need some advice from all fellow friends.

can any1 share with me any idea how much will it be for a diamond below with GIA report cost?

Thank you very much.

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements: 5.42 - 5.49 x 3.28 mm

Carat Weight: 0.60 carat

Color Grade: E

Clarity Grade: VS1

PROPORTIONS:

Depth: 60.1%

Table: 63%

Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted

Culet: None

FINISH:

Polish: Good

Symmetry: Good

Fluorescence: None

CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS:

Pinpoint, Feather

From the home of B2CJewels.com, , here is a recommendation

Prong, Channel and Bezel-Set Diamond Ring in 18K White Gold (3/8 cttw)

Diamonds - 20

Shape - Round

Clarity/Color - SI2/H

Prong, Channel and Bezel Setting

Shipped within 7 days

Price - $767 (USD)

Let me know if this product suits your expectations.

Thanks

Chandra

Certified Gemologist

http://B2CJewels.com