niq

All About Ballroom/Restaurant Decoration

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right thread... but I was wondering how far ahead do I need to book the decorator and florist for the wedding banquet?... thanks :)

I guess 6-9 months if you plan to have nice, elaborate decors & if its a thematic wedding. Cause you might need to meet up with the florist/decorator to discuss what you want, then only confirm and book.

4-6 months should be sufficient if its just something simple, like adding some flowers/decor here & there.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi Melissa,

thanks for your reply.... it sure helps with my planning....

would you know of any good decorators and florists that are reasonable priced and willing to work with me through emails and calls as i am not currently in Malaysia....

Hi, Coffee. Like to check with you how do you charge for

1) chair covers only

2) chair covers with sash or with flower decoration for VIP table

and chair covers for guest.

Thank you.

I will be getting arabian tent style canopy set up for the catering on the night b4 AD, and I think if I use these paper lanterns to decorate the tents, might cost cheaper than buying flowers and pay for scalloping! Plus the tent provider wants to charge extra for using their chandelier

Anywhere in KL that I can find nice paper lanterns below?

Round ones for the middle of the canopy. Maybe get the different patterned ones for each canopy?

paperlanternstore_1928_33997668.jpg

paperlanternstore_1927_18903701.jpg

paperlanternstore_1930_2949795.jpg

paperlanternstore_1927_37575619.jpg

paperlanternstore_1927_33207970.jpg

string ones for the perimeter of the canopy:

paperlanternstore_1927_36436392.jpg

paperlanternstore_1926_5167195.jpg

paperlanternstore_1926_39426984.jpg

fusionista, you can get those lanterns at ikea in kl. but the ones in ikea are plain white ones....my suggestion...erm you can either paint them urself or use a ribbon to tie a bow in the middle of the lantern....looks great!

yea i know ikea has the plain white ones.. maybe i'll paint them if i want to use the plain ones.. but the patterned ones are very nice.. :P

just curious, u think for those arabian tents, is a 14" diameter lantern too small?

yea i know ikea has the plain white ones.. maybe i'll paint them if i want to use the plain ones.. but the patterned ones are very nice.. :P

just curious, u think for those arabian tents, is a 14" diameter lantern too small?

Hi fusionista,

I saw from a magazine that in conjunction of CNY, Living Quarters has something quite similar as those paper lanterns with deco/flowers you posted earlier. They may not be as beautiful but maybe you could take a look. I am not sure about the size though. Hope it helps

Cheers

Thanks, janice.

These are the ones with pattern on them?

I'll send my sister to go check it out for me :)

Hi Fusionista,

Yes, from the magazine's advertisement, its red/fushia background with gold/white-colored flower patterns. No idea about the size n price though :unsure:

Hope that helps :)

Cheers

hi fusionista,

i went back to malacca last week and guess what i saw the lantern that you wanted...the round ones and they have colours in light blue, orange, white.....and also some with patterns like japenese lady in kimono. the price is RM8.90 per piece or RM8 for 2 ( i think).

Thanks syuen!

Don't think i'll be going to Malacca anytime soon :( Do you hv any pics of it?

Btw, why can't we get those nice charger plates in M;sia?? and those chairs,... look like rotan one.. what is it called?? I've only seen Pak Abu done it locally, like the way westerners do :(

bumblebee...

The deco makes me meleleh air liur laaa..... :(

hi fusionista, i dun hv picture of it...but it looks exactly like the pictures you have posted...the round lanterns. they were even selling these small chinese umbrellas which would look nice for decoration if you're thinking of really going oriental....