meiteoh

Choose wisely!

Wow! This is the most exciting election ever. BN lost Penang. More shocking news to come.

This time I guess the opposition win big. Just hope that they will not abuse the mandate given to them, like what we gave BN in 2004.

erm... when i cast my vote, there's a lady who is at the casting centre to check my name on the name list that they have. after she found my name she will read up my name and also my number in the list so that the person on the other table know. i notice that that whenever they read out a name loud, the other person at the different table will look up our name again in the name list that they have and will write something at the side. i don't think there are writing our voting serial number in it as the number is already printed in the list. instead am wondering whether they are actually writing the ballot serial number that we gonna take. they'll know what's the ballots serial number that we take as the number is in sequential order.

yea, true. you're making sense too ;)

Wow! This is the most exciting election ever. BN lost Penang. More shocking news to come.

This time I guess the opposition win big. Just hope that they will not abuse the mandate given to them, like what we gave BN in 2004.

Really very shocking but expected. This is the power of Internet.

I think the reading out bit is a double checking thing. But really, does the confidentiality of the vote matters? :P

Am checking the updates but from what I see so far, am glad that they don't have the majority!!!!! (Hope I didn't speak too soon!)

hahaha... while am in the wedding dinner just now, i kept receiving updates from my friend on the poll results thru sms. everyone in the wedding dinner is very kan cheong with the elections. but there is quite a number of the guest in the dinner who is afraid the 513 tradegy will happen again seeing opposition have some surprise winning this time round...

wow... BN have their biggest lost ever in the election... the election this time round is really an eye opening....

Malaysians have voted for who they believe will secure the future of all Malaysians irregardless of race or religion and the results speak of itself. May God in all his names and forms Bless this great nation and all her citizens.

Please do not celebrate in the streets and stuff like that.

God bless us all..

Agree with CFA. We should not celebrate and must remain humble despite the victories. Just hope that this election will be a turning point for a better Malaysia.

In my humble opinion,

it's good that with the new vote results, opposition finally have a better chance in voicing out.

It's really like what star paper put it today "politic tsunami", the result is a 360degree change from that of the last round.The result obviously shows citizen are hoping that they (opposition) will be able to bring in some positive change.

It is a victory to the opposition, for the strive they put thru all these years, but is it a victory to the citizen? I hope it is. I think only with time we would be able to tell if the result of the vote deserve a celebration or if this is a citizen's victory. When the opposition manage to drive some improvement into the country and to the citizen - only then it's called a REAL VICTORY! Hope they don't disappoint those who trusted them. Lets us keep our fingers crossed that the changes are to the better!

I wish for peace and development to Malaysia and better standard of living to citizen of Malaysia.

Agree with CFA. We should not celebrate and must remain humble despite the victories. Just hope that this election will be a turning point for a better Malaysia.

actually i m a bit skeptical with the sudden change in penang. i am from penang, work in penang. now the opposition take over penang, i am a bit worried with the future for penang. will penang progressing and improve to be better or the federal gov will ignore penang and stop all the projects for penang such as the penang bridge projects.

if federal gov discriminates penang then , penang will have a tough 5 years to go if the new state gov didnt perform n fight for penang.

may b i just being paranoid but i still scared with the change n hopefully the MNC still invest in penang so that i wont jobless and the new gov will do what they had promised during their talks and campaign.

sorry ya may b i off topic.

Frankly speaking, I do not think the opposition seek to takes over a state when they started out in the election. I think they aimed (except for PAS perhaps) only to reduce the BN's 2/3 majority. Before the polling day, deep down inside, we, the rakyat knew that BN will win but we just seek to reduce their majority. As it turned out, all voters had the same mind, thus, voted for the opposition and so, the oppositions won.

I feel sorry for Koh Tsu Koon though. I think he is a true leader. Although defeated, he was still very calm, accepted his defeat with a smiling face, congratulate the winner and do what is honourable of him, offering to quit. Unlike a certain party leader (you know who), lost his own seat, his party's top leaders all lose and yet refuse to step down.

I wonder any of you follow the interview in TV3 while waiting for the polls result. There was this stupid political analyst that gave the reasons for BN's lose as :

1) Chinese is racist. They will vote for a chinese candidate only regardless which pariah party the candidate represents

2) Gerakan's failure is due to their being indecisive of who the next CM will be. So, the chinese voters switched to the only option (DAP)

3) The richest man in the country is a chinese. What else does the chinese want?

ya fluene i agreed with u.

most of my frens and colleagues said that no matter how BN still win so might as well vote opposition to challenge this BN. Since everyone has this mindset, thts the results. i m not siding anyside. i will be glad if the new gov can put more efforts in improving country facilities, get rid of all the stupid projects, look into current issues(ex: inflation).

i feel the 1st thing to do in penang is to repair the roads and improve the public transport. its like a disaster when driving on penang's road. it been years the road still the same never change. i hope to have better and convenient public transportation in penang coz it can reduce my burden and energy.

u know there is an example i have. in penang, there is a bridge which they had built since year 2004. its a bridge to cross a river. i wouldnt say its so difficult becoz it just a brodge to ease car or people to cross over the river to main road. it started the construction since 2004. 2005 pass...still under construction(10%)...2006 pass(30%) ..still under construction(50%)...2007 pass still under contruction(60%)..Jan 2008 - one week before election...voila...the bridge is fully contructed (100%). i dont wan to say so much / comment , from the example u will b able to figure out wat does it means.

as for Prof koh, i think its time for him to rest. he went thru a lot of things. now i think its not bad tht he step down. the reason is referring to MIL, his wife n son has cancer, so this is the time he can rest n focus on his family. but i thank u him for bring penang up to this level n i believe he wants to do more but as we know what prevent him to improve.

Yea. It's good to have a change. If they cannot perform, the peoples can choose again after 4 years. It's 'rakyat' to say who we wants to be there, thats why we should encourage everyone around us to vote, it's our responsibility to vote. :)

the sudden change in this election is not because of opposition is powerful, whereas i think it's resulted from B..N performance all these years. So peoples have no choice because peoples want a change. Therefore opposition got their power and now they need to show the peoples that they've made the right choice.

There was this stupid political analyst that gave the reasons for BN's lose as :

1) Chinese is racist. They will vote for a chinese candidate only regardless which pariah party the candidate represents

Rubbish.

1. if everything is fair in this country for all races - Chinese reaction: Wow. what a nice place.

1. if everything is fair in this country for all races - Racist reaction: Hey. What?!@%@%$ Why like that? We must have more.

2) Gerakan's failure is due to their being indecisive of who the next CM will be. So, the chinese voters switched to the only option (DAP)

Unsure abt this. But I don't think this is the main reason of switching since Prof Koh is well respected there. For why is the reason, try think abt it coz I think it's quite clear.

3) The richest man in the country is a chinese. What else does the chinese want?

Irrelavent. Now we're talking about funds mismanagement, crimes, toll and petrol hikes...

All rubbish.

I wonder any of you follow the interview in TV3 while waiting for the polls result. There was this stupid political analyst that gave the reasons for BN's lose as :

i just couldn't continue to watch TV3 when this analyst is being so biased in his analyst with his own personal preference. Being an analyst himself have he not notice that even the malay vote is sway away to PKR and PAS...?

anyway, i switch to TV1 after that for the poll results... :P

The poll results in the tv was soooo slow. I got the results from Malaysiakini.com hours before it was released by the tv. I guess they purposely delay broadcasting the results.

The poll results in the tv was soooo slow. I got the results from Malaysiakini.com hours before it was released by the tv. I guess they purposely delay broadcasting the results.

i know the poll results from the malaysiakini too... at my place, my brother checked the webby and told me that DAP have won at around 9pm something. but the tv only show the result only at around 4am... sigh... it seems like the mainstream media is being "controlled"....

anyway, my hubby said watching the poll result on the TV last weekend is more interesting that watching the World Cup... hahaha...

Actually good also that they delay the results. Or else people will be panic. My MIL said that she would have gone out to buy food supplies if she has known the results earlier (we didn't tell her the results).

If it is for this reason that the media delay the results, then it is ok a bit. But if they delayed the results in order to wait for any loopholes in the election procedures, then they are such sore loser.

Zakaria, the mansion owner in Klang died. I don't mean to be heartless but I am sure that many people won't be sorry that he dies

Now that we have made our choices, I hope the people will live by it and change as well.

I hope people will stop...

...littering.

...parking illegally.

...offering to bribe.

...etc.

...and start...

...taking public transport.

...doing things PROPERLY and no shortcuts!!!!

...influencing and STOPPING others around them (politely and civilly of course)!

...etc.

Zakaria, the mansion owner in Klang died. I don't mean to be heartless but I am sure that many people won't be sorry that he dies

hmm... and there's rumours that he actually commit suicide and not died of heart attack....