yvonnelyw2004

Furniture & electrical shop in Penang

I'm looking for necessities for setting up my new house soon. Anyone who can recommend furniture & electrical shops with reasonable price in Penang? I'd prefer modern concept of furnitures & quality wise of electrical stuffs. What should we take note & caution of when choosing funitures & electrical stuffs? Thanks for sharing... :lol: :P :D

mayb u can try visit LC light if im not wrong....a shop selling lighting....i love their creation..modern....price.....for me theirs is quite expensive. but u their demo light u'll surely fall in love. its shop along macalister road on the ground floor of menara umno.

mayb u can try visit LC light if im not wrong....a shop selling lighting....i love their creation..modern....price.....for me theirs is quite expensive. but u their demo light u'll surely fall in love. its shop along macalister road on the ground floor of menara umno.

Thanks alot for the info, I'd prefer those economic type due to tight budget, as long as HB & me can accept the design & suits our house, we would go for the lowest price being offer. We might check it out, maybe we will find something we like too! :D

mths of survey in penang, finally bought all my electrical things from a BM shop, sengseng, leng leng , meng meng, all rubbish.

noneed to survey as i already done it. just ordered my hood & hob yesterday, 1.6k with a powerful suction glass design hood togather with stainless steel cyclone burner, auto cut safety tempered glass hob.

aircon also buying from them 1hp panasonic rm860, buying a plasma 42" also, 4.6k and the hanger? is FOC.

mths of survey in penang, finally bought all my electrical things from a BM shop, sengseng, leng leng , meng meng, all rubbish.

noneed to survey as i already done it. just ordered my hood & hob yesterday, 1.6k with a powerful suction glass design hood togather with stainless steel cyclone burner, auto cut safety tempered glass hob.

aircon also buying from them 1hp panasonic rm860, buying a plasma 42" also, 4.6k and the hanger? is FOC.

:lol: "engseng, leng leng , meng meng". I agree with alexlow. Those shops marked up the price. Btw, alexlow, does your hood & hob comes with suction pipe/fan to blow out the oily cooking smoke out of your house?

suction pipe i ask them to took it off as i don't want it, so rm100 was deducted, rm1600 for both hood & hob.

this kind of high power hood with charcoal is good enough, if you use the suction pipe than you need to build cabinet to hide it, will look very bulky and fact need to spend extra.

last week i ask the shop to deliver the goods to my interior designer, the taukeh told me the model i took already been replace with newer model, come with lcd display which cost extra, but he still give me this new model foc. thumbs up !

i'm going over tomorrow to confirm my aircon purchase.

at bm, shop name is teong bee. anyhow they will delivery all around pg state.

just bought 5 aircon from them last saturday, now they doing the conceal piping.

actually now 90% goods i buy from bm area, always get the best deal and surprise.

last weekend i bought my kingsize dpc matress, rm1190, foc 2 good pillow ( those want budget their coconut matress cost rm5++ ) also bm shop.

bought normal fan for rm98 & remote control fan for rm170, down light 7" with sandblast reflector type + osram bulb. rm17/pcs (light studio, bm )

hifi system from hau audio also good price and service. onkyo amp with 5.1 speaker, 2.1k , sound quality, superbbb

What my HB worry is the after sales service... Normally, will those BM shops cover island as well if anything bought from them got prob & need to service? Scare they double charge...

Alexlow,

Can you PM me the details(add & contact) of your suppliers? Thanks! You are really good in shopping ler... Save up alot!!! :D

What my HB worry is the after sales service... Normally, will those BM shops cover island as well if anything bought from them got prob & need to service? Scare they double charge...

Alexlow,

Can you PM me the details(add & contact) of your suppliers? Thanks! You are really good in shopping ler... Save up alot!!! :D

well, so far no complaint and the service been good for my experience, my ID bring his customer over and woh lap over 30k items on first visit, after that i didnt ask him already. tranportation should be same, they accumulate bunch of orders and deliver i think.

depends on individual mindset, unlike other spending, for me is better off to get the best price first since electrical goods are by manufacture/model etc and can compare peerly, left and right you save bunch of money. touch wood if have problem in future, the money you save up upfront won't it better to pay ppl to do the servicing. they will polish the fridge for you.

another reason is their business is good, turn over is high and you get brand new goods, new model. (not trying to push old stock from warehouse)

the contact info all dump in backpack inside my car, to9 than i will post for u, now i rushing work.

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

for ligthing & fan ( light studio ) look for alvin the boss, 012-5265335, going there again on begining may, their new container arrive end mth. plenty of nice and new lighting. price ground level. open 7 days, 10-9pm

for tv,aircon,fridge,hood,hob (ton mooi) look for koay the boss, 04-5398803, crazy boss crazy price, also till 9pm. bm jalan besar.

for home theater (hau hifi) look for peng the owner, 04-5374245, until 8pm, tmn usaha niaga. kl side ppl order from here. rock price & very good service, test all u want.

for electrical wiring, hock, 012-5990278. very good workmanship, split line, hack, seal everything one man show, consistent. but need to book him early. good price & honest guy. he helps me to mix db, test and clean up wiring. noneed waste unnecessary money.

for plaster ceiling, kao, 012-4654362, previously ex-colleague so i know he do plaster > 10yrs, 2 brothers. experience, my condo cost 2.5k with extra design and re-enforcement for to hold aluminium softrun and glass, hidden light etc.

can't list all out, just the major 1.

anyhow i did 2mth of survey b4 this are the ppl i finally use, you can say i'm bit fussy but sure everyone want value for what we pay for.

hope this information serve you good and to the rest also.

can't wait till my hse ready, next is to build my own htpc.

cheers.

Hi Alexlow,

thank you so much for the useful infos... You did a great job with 2 months effort & get the superb suppliers to get your wonderful house done nicely.

I agree with your point of view whereby money save up can invest for future servicing, hopefully I can manage to get such big deal like you... :D

hi alex,

mind to share where you brought your bedroom furnitures? the interior designer (c & d) actually design & source it out for you? Roughly, how much he changes for his interior designs consultations?? I'm looking for furniture to squeeze into my small room...

btw, where you got your curtains? you brought those ready-made curtains?

thanks for sharing :)

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

for ligthing & fan ( light studio ) look for alvin the boss, 012-5265335, going there again on begining may, their new container arrive end mth. plenty of nice and new lighting. price ground level. open 7 days, 10-9pm

for tv,aircon,fridge,hood,hob (ton mooi) look for koay the boss, 04-5398803, crazy boss crazy price, also till 9pm. bm jalan besar.

for home theater (hau hifi) look for peng the owner, 04-5374245, until 8pm, tmn usaha niaga. kl side ppl order from here. rock price & very good service, test all u want.

for interior design (c & d) look for chan, 04-3231810, anytime except sunday is his family day. (3d design, detail architect dwg, very experience, follow me go around hunt for goods, recommend cheap & good material, mix & match, normally top up 10% which end up same as those middleman contractor type. but professionalism, service & facilities cannot compare, not like those carpenter take paper out draw everything square square)

for electrical wiring, hock, 012-5990278. very good workmanship, split line, hack, seal everything one man show, consistent. but need to book him early. good price & honest guy. he helps me to mix db, test and clean up wiring. noneed waste unnecessary money.

for plaster ceiling, kao, 012-4654362, previously ex-colleague so i know he do plaster > 10yrs, 2 brothers. experience, my condo cost 2.5k with extra design and re-enforcement for to hold aluminium softrun and glass, hidden light etc.

anyhow i did 2mth of survey b4 this are the ppl i finally use, you can say i'm bit fussy but sure everyone want value for what we pay for.

cheers.

actually i mix around. bed from arrero because i want leather wrap bed, don;t want wood.

hall sofa from verona and mix with custom made furniture a bit etc.

for my id he handle dry,wet kitchen, partition door for kitchen, tv cabinet with slide door, walk-in walldrobe partition, office cabinet, glass work table, master bedroom feature wall, side table, shoe rack, fishing gear cabinet. my kitchen top is mix of granite for wet, solid top mix with melanie board, tempered glass kitchen wall, fake wall etc. around thirty over k, draft of perspective, detail dimensions drawing, build and commisioning.

rest i use contractor and handle myself because i have direct source so is cheaper, the ID will help me to make decision, coz he also want his work end up look nicely. wink~, definately will make full use of him, but anyhow i'm happy with his services.

curtains yesterday ID follow me to choose, went to 2 place, turn everything upside down, if want nice and tons of choice, than teh brother. another shop use china material will be cheaper for curtain and acceptable, but their blind lousy.

i plan to use teh brother's, my hse got use venetian blind for kitchen and dining bar area, roman blind for small guest room, work place use roller blind, hall full height roller blind with bracket, 2 more big rooms use curtain mix of blackout facing out and light semi transparent lace curtain facing internal, finally string curtain for glass wall.

if budget over than i will consider use the china material for curtain, it might shrink up to a feet after wash, so have to make some provision, release it out in future. i will let them quote first than decide.

curtains is one of the final touch to your hse, must choose correctly.

for single room not much to do, better get a carpenter to do it or buy ready made, decide your theme, put up some nice wallpaper etc.

hi alex,

mind to share where you brought your bedroom furnitures? the interior designer (c & d) actually design & source it out for you? Roughly, how much he changes for his interior designs consultations?? I'm looking for furniture to squeeze into my small room...

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

for interior design (c & d) look for chan, 04-3231810, anytime except sunday is his family day. (3d design, detail architect dwg, very experience, follow me go around hunt for goods, recommend cheap & good material, mix & match, normally top up 10% which end up same as those middleman contractor type. but professionalism, service & facilities cannot compare, not like those carpenter take paper out draw everything square square)

cheers.

hi alex,

wow... from what you describe, i can imagine how nice & comfortable ur hse gonna be like.... good... btw, where's ur hse? err... i mean the area la...

actually i mix around. bed from arrero because i want leather wrap bed, don;t want wood.

for my id he handle dry,wet kitchen, partition door for kitchen, tv cabinet with slide door, walk-in walldrobe partition, office cabinet, glass work table, master bedroom feature wall, side table, shoe rack, fishing gear cabinet. my kitchen top is mix of granite for wet, solid top mix with melanie board, tempered glass kitchen wall, fake wall etc. around thirty over k, draft of perspective, detail dimensions drawing, build and commisioning.

rest i use contractor and handle myself because i have direct source so is cheaper, the ID will help me to make decision, coz he also want his work end up look nicely. wink~, definately will make full use of him, but anyhow i'm happy with his services.

curtains yesterday ID follow me to choose, went to 2 place, turn everything upside down, if want nice and tons of choice, than teh brother. another shop use china material will be cheaper for curtain and acceptable, but their blind lousy.

i plan to use teh brother's, my hse got use venetian blind for kitchen and dining bar area, roman blind for small guest room, work place use roller blind, hall full height roller blind with bracket, 2 more big rooms use curtain mix of blackout facing out and light semi transparent lace curtain facing internal, finally string curtain for glass wall.

if budget over than i will consider use the china material for curtain, it might shrink up to a feet after wash, so have to make some provision, release it out in future. i will let them quote first than decide.

for single room not much to do, better get a carpenter to do it or buy ready made, decide your theme, put up some nice wallpaper etc.

hi alex,

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

cheers.

Alexlow... is your ID in mainland or Penang island? If it's from Penang Island, can you give me the contact? Thanks! :)

mainland, raja uda is his office, but he did a lot of projects in island also. mention about arrero furniture, the arrero owner own hse he design so he knows them closely, want to buy arrero furniture he can help get good price also.

his contact i already post in this forum earlier, look for c&d. anyhow designing is a subjective matter, his concept is more to practicality. yet still whatever you like must let him know clearly.

is condo, at pg , mainland side.

gonna complete in 2-3wks

hi alex,

wow... from what you describe, i can imagine how nice & comfortable ur hse gonna be like.... good... btw, where's ur hse? err... i mean the area la...

hi alex,

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

cheers.

Got any good introduce for Furniture shop(Penang)?

My bedroom is nt so big , so cant put too big de furniture.. :( so i hope can find more different size of furniture... :P

Hi Alex,

Thanks for sharing all your info. It is of great use....Btw, based on your description, your house must be real nice, cosy and comfortable...If possible, snap and share some photos of ur house with us if you don't mind... :-)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for sharing all your info. It is of great use....Btw, based on your description, your house must be real nice, cosy and comfortable...If possible, snap and share some photos of ur house with us if you don't mind... :-)

hi sim, everybody else also share their information, i do my part,getting the right person for the right isn't easy but this portal do provide me lots of useful tips when i start the process. photo.. hmm.. ok than.

Went 2 furnitures shops, Leong Gay & Wescourt yesterday. Hmmm... LG's seem better than Wescourt in terms of design & quality. Wescourt's more to economic type & malay style... But Hb & me hardly see something which is suits to our taste... Have to keep on surveying... ;)

Went 2 furnitures shops, Leong Gay & Wescourt yesterday. Hmmm... LG's seem better than Wescourt in terms of design & quality. Wescourt's more to economic type & malay style... But Hb & me hardly see something which is suits to our taste... Have to keep on surveying... ;)

hi porsche

where is this leong gay & wescourt furnitures shops?

i'm having the same situation as meliz too... i'm going up to Penang mainland to survey for furnitures in July...

any recommendation?

Got any good introduce for Furniture shop(Penang)?

My bedroom is nt so big , so cant put too big de furniture.. :( so i hope can find more different size of furniture... :P