yvonnelyw2004

Furniture & electrical shop in Penang

hi all, for lightning, any recommendation in penang?

does the ligthing & fan ( light studio ) alvin the boss include installation?

or we need to find seperate electrical wiring people to handle?

Alvin brother is in electrical wiring field. But depend on their availability. Currently quite many jobs.

Alvin brother is in electrical wiring field. But depend on their availability. Currently quite many jobs.

went to merlin on sunday, no doubt this merlin shop have a lots of weird lighting but their price ain't cheap,

so i only ordered some lighting which i didn't saw it at mainland, guess what.. they wrap the display unit which already a lot of scratches withut informing, i found it fishy and demand the boxes to be open up to check, only than they told me is display unit.

conclusion, still mainland side people doing business more honest. i still like light studio, price reasonable and service better.

I've been to Light Studio last weekend & bought 2 lights (for corridors) for total of RM65. Their lights are much better than Value, which I went earlier. The next day, visited Metrolux & Ka Lighting. Metrolux more variety & more stylish lighting you can find there. Bought a few things @ both places.

Wanted to go Merlin, but since we had bought what we wants, so just forget about it.

Alex, sorry to hear about your bad experience with Merlin. Did you manage to ask them to replace a new unit for you?

I went to lighting studio the other day, still considering the lighting the salesperson introduce to me.

Anyway, about air-con suis point and air-con copper pipe installation, is the air-con seller include that in the install package?

Anyone know the standard price for air-con suis or copper tube installation? usually air-con seller provide the copper pipe installation and outdoor unit when they quote the installation price (RM130-RM150)?

thanks

Any comment about GP Electrical? A friend told me it is the cheapest in Penang (island?). Located along Leboh McNair.

BTW, where is Merlin & Metrolux? TQ.

okok......let me share where i bought all the furniture n appliances in my new home....thats my secondary home . something simple....coz we already plan to put the fund in decorating our hometown home.

well, since we find a date to move in the house, we move in without any proper furniture. n for the first few days even no electrical appliances, no gas stove....akeke.....we go into a much slower pace as he is working, me bz bz doing final study.

so, we ended up surveying a few, our choice, small, simple n modern. my apatment is very very very very small.....so just enuf to put in all those mini stuff.....

we went to wescourt-thats where we got our dining n tv cabinet, the rest not ngam us.......their furniture ok lah...but their price looks good, they sell things which looks the same with big big company but in a lesser price..but of course, quality matters.

2)B&L furnishing- we bought our mattress here,dreamland.n its more expensive than my bedroom set!!nvm, its all a matter of comfort mah...the aunty is so good to ask us sleep on all the bed so tat we know whether it suits us. we choose a extra plush feel matress...so cuddly feel! she took of all the plastic from the mattress so that u can have a real touch n feel on it. at first we fall in love with their red colour sofa bed,simply simple....but his mom dun like red stuff at home....said "fo hei" very big wor.....

3)eng wah- that where we got our sofa, which is due months ago...akeke.....currently, we're sitting on the floor.....too choosy for the sofa but we manage to find it here...something simple.....n i got to choose the skin colour combination n i created a new colour combination! fantastic~

my home electrical appliances is ez..i got it everything from sen q- one stop!!kau tim

now at home waiting for all the stuff that i order to come tomolo.

what about sofa? material of velvet and half leather, which is better? any comments?

any recommendation on the sofa furniture shop name in penang island? other than verona at bw,... please help this out, my budget is about 1.5k, just only 3 seats or 2seats+1Long..

i've been worrying about this sofa thingy a month ago... please help thanks.

what about sofa? material of velvet and half leather, which is better? any comments?

any recommendation on the sofa furniture shop name in penang island? other than verona at bw,... please help this out, my budget is about 1.5k, just only 3 seats or 2seats+1Long..

i've been worrying about this sofa thingy a month ago... please help thanks.

for your budget, you should try checking Cavenzzi/Westcourt or Lavino out

if you are willing to stretch your budget to 2k, Lorenzo has something for you during the current promotion

btw, i thought Verona is at the mainland

if you are at the mainland, you might want to check Jalan Raja Uda, pass by there during the weekend, a lot of furniture shops along the road

as for the choice of leather or velvet, it's up to personal choice

general view of it is that leather is easier to clean and looks classier, which fabric is more hard wearing

a tip here, if you are going for half leather, try asking the shop to let you do it in two tone, i.e, the base+frame (done in PU) in one colour while the seat and back rest (done in leather) in another colour

this is because normally the tone of the PU and leather doesn't match and going the same tone will make cause the different material to contrast a little when look up close

going different tone eliminate this issue as well as make it look fresher and more unique

Hi all, im a newbie here and i find this forum very informative.

My hse is nt yet ready and i havent begun doing any preparation/surveying yet until last week.

Would just like to share my bad experience shopping at Mekio.

So last weekend, me, my bf and his sis went to Mekio to look at the furnitures.

We dun plan to buy yet, just looking at designs and prices.

We went upstairs first, there were sofa sets, bed frames, mattresses etc.

After that, we proceed to downstairs.

They have one L shape sofa half leather, half PU. I reli love it except that its not black in colour.

Its beige. So we sat there to get a feel of it, it was comfortable and all that.

Me and his sis was discussing on how to decorate it if we did actually get that sofa set.

Meanwhile, my bf excused himself to the toilet.

Then, out of a sudden, a sales woman popped out frm nowhere, staring right at us without syaing a word.

We stopped our conversations and looked at her waiting for her to speak.

The she ask out aloud,

Sales woman: "can i help you? "

His sis answered:" No, we are just discussing something."

The sales woman replied: "Well, this is not the place to discuss. Bring it elsewhere"

Hence, realising that we are treated in such a rude manner.

We promptly get up and left the sofa immediately.

I felt humiliated to be told off in such a rude way.

After that saw my bf and told him that we kena halau just now.

Maybe we are nt dressed as potential buyers , we only wore a t-shirt and short pants or that we looked young and dint seemed to have $ but is that the way to treat customers?

Buying a sofa is a big purchase which cause a few Ks.

Cant we sit and get a feel of it and discuss abt it? :sauer2:

Hi guys, I am now looking for a nice wooden (dark brown color) type of dining table (2.5 x 4 or 3 x 5). Do you guys see any of this around penang with the cost around 1k or less?

Thanks for the info :)

Hi guys, I am now looking for a nice wooden (dark brown color) type of dining table (2.5 x 4 or 3 x 5). Do you guys see any of this around penang with the cost around 1k or less?

Check it out at Home Living in PISA, you might find what you want there. Seen those tble before but price did not really take note. :lol:

We bought most of our electrical items at BHB near Sunshine Jelutong. They're quite friendly & allow bargaining, esp if you pay cash but now I regret not asking for extra warranty for our things.

Most Penang people will be familiar with the big shops like Arredo, Mekio so I won't mention them again.

Smaller ones are:

Furniture shop there's one near Air Itam, can't remember the name but I think it's called Heng Furniture? If you're driving up to Air Itam from the State Mosque, it's the middle part of air item on the left, a few traffic lights before the roundabout. Difficult to find parking and it's a double storey shop lot. On the right hand side is a lot of kopitiam. The furniture is quite simple & nice and you can bargain with them.

There's this shop that sells teak wood furniture in the row of pre-war shop houses (same row as Paisano bridal house) It's just before Union primary school. If you've a big budget to spend on, you can check this shop out. It's the corner lot and painted in dark green with a lot of teak wood decoration outside. They have a lot of Siamese style decorations inside.

you can try Micro.

they have one along greenlane and another one along Kelawei Road

saw a dark brown set there before and the price is qutie ok

Try Regent (opposite Mekio) and it's original shop at Chulia Streets. Also from Burma Road before turning to Mekio; on the right hand side (opposite a bank) there is a furniture shop too.

for tv,aircon,fridge,hood,hob (ton mooi) look for koay the boss, 04-5398803, crazy boss crazy price, also till 9pm. bm jalan besar.

I tried to find the shop but faced difficulty. To help you to locate the shop, I'm giving the shop address:Kedai Radio TonMooi, 262, Jalan Datuk Ooh Chooi Cheng (Jln Besar), 14000 BUkit Mertajam.

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

for ligthing & fan ( light studio ) look for alvin the boss, 012-5265335, going there again on begining may, their new container arrive end mth. plenty of nice and new lighting. price ground level. open 7 days, 10-9pm

for tv,aircon,fridge,hood,hob (ton mooi) look for koay the boss, 04-5398803, crazy boss crazy price, also till 9pm. bm jalan besar.

for home theater (hau hifi) look for peng the owner, 04-5374245, until 8pm, tmn usaha niaga. kl side ppl order from here. rock price & very good service, test all u want.

for electrical wiring, hock, 012-5990278. very good workmanship, split line, hack, seal everything one man show, consistent. but need to book him early. good price & honest guy. he helps me to mix db, test and clean up wiring. noneed waste unnecessary money.

for plaster ceiling, kao, 012-4654362, previously ex-colleague so i know he do plaster > 10yrs, 2 brothers. experience, my condo cost 2.5k with extra design and re-enforcement for to hold aluminium softrun and glass, hidden light etc.

can't list all out, just the major 1.

anyhow i did 2mth of survey b4 this are the ppl i finally use, you can say i'm bit fussy but sure everyone want value for what we pay for.

hope this information serve you good and to the rest also.

can't wait till my hse ready, next is to build my own htpc.

cheers.

Alaxlow,

Thanks to introduce uncle hock for me, he just done my house electrical wiring last week. His work really good and price also reasonable and he willing to travel to penang island. We must recommend him to more people :happy:

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

for ligthing & fan ( light studio ) look for alvin the boss, 012-5265335, going there again on begining may, their new container arrive end mth. plenty of nice and new lighting. price ground level. open 7 days, 10-9pm

for home theater (hau hifi) look for peng the owner, 04-5374245, until 8pm, tmn usaha niaga. kl side ppl order from here. rock price & very good service, test all u want.

for electrical wiring, hock, 012-5990278. very good workmanship, split line, hack, seal everything one man show, consistent. but need to book him early. good price & honest guy. he helps me to mix db, test and clean up wiring. noneed waste unnecessary money.

for plaster ceiling, kao, 012-4654362, previously ex-colleague so i know he do plaster > 10yrs, 2 brothers. experience, my condo cost 2.5k with extra design and re-enforcement for to hold aluminium softrun and glass, hidden light etc.

anyhow i did 2mth of survey b4 this are the ppl i finally use, you can say i'm bit fussy but sure everyone want value for what we pay for.

cheers.

Alaxlow,

Thanks to introduce uncle hock for me, he just done my house electrical wiring last week. His work really good and price also reasonable and he willing to travel to penang island. We must recommend him to more people :happy:

welcome

yup, he is fine, down to earth guy. 1 thing about teong bee, if you guys want buy air con from this shop, don't ever ever use their air con sub con. terrible workmanship, i bought 5 units of panasonic aircon from teong bee, after 1st round fix up 3 units i decide to ask for refund & find my own aircon installer. teong bee boss is ok just the subcon sux big time.

teong bee contractor, bad temper, treat his worker like dog, workmanship lousy, uneven, not punctual and most of all not honest.

so who i found? an old schoolmate of mine who did my neighbour hse, meet him by accident & how lucky i am. clean up the mess & did super duper good job. should have bought all 5 aircon from him but anyhow is ok. 10yrs aircon maintenance contract sure for him.

you all want to buy aircon, call him

jia te , 012-4778269.

alexlow

hi yvonnelyw, fyi.

cheers.

Alaxlow,

welcome

yup, he is fine, down to earth guy. 1 thing about teong bee, if you guys want buy air con from this shop, don't ever ever use their air con sub con. terrible workmanship, i bought 5 units of panasonic aircon from teong bee, after 1st round fix up 3 units i decide to ask for refund & find my own aircon installer. teong bee boss is ok just the subcon sux big time.

teong bee contractor, bad temper, treat his worker like dog, workmanship lousy, uneven, not punctual and most of all not honest.

so who i found? an old schoolmate of mine who did my neighbour hse, meet him by accident & how lucky i am. clean up the mess & did super duper good job. should have bought all 5 aircon from him but anyhow is ok. 10yrs aircon maintenance contract sure for him.

you all want to buy aircon, call him

jia te , 012-4778269.

alexlow

hi alex,

am looking foward to reno my apt. soon. Do you mind to share with me some pics on ur home..reno by the ID...?

Thanks..

Hi Alex,

I found that you have a good recommendation for all the contacts... so would like to know whether do you know anyone recommended that do house grill and kitchen cabinet?

hi, for infromation and sharing here, for tile work : mosaic tile, bathroom tile, kicthen top(monsaic) look for Beng 0164821771. His work very nice and price reasonable.