tlh

Mount KK & KK City

My trip will be on coming May.

Has been talking about it since 2 years ago.

Wanna make it real this year...

yeah...

hi,

agreed with lynn, me went there twice, walk walk at the taman only... you can have trial walk for 5km... for me, i think stamina is not a problem... the main problem is the low tempreture... and is frezzing on top of the mountain... :)

Gambatte tlh!

Remember to bring warm clothings and extra change of socks. If ur shoes ever get damp, u'll also be freezing cold. Bringing some liquor up may help warm u too :D

for the climbers out there,

it is advisable for you guys to bring tidbits like energy bar and raisin. chocolate is a no no cos some will experience "heatiness". and try to go to pharmacy to buy a tablet which dissolve in water to become like isotonic drink to give you the booze. i dont know what's the name of the tablet.

climbing mount KK is indeed a good excercising up there. dont be surprise your leg nails will come off or bruising it's very natural. dont forget sunscreen, very important, easily get sun burn up there

I'm from KK and climbed mount KK with my classmates when I was 16. It was good experience but make sure you have plenty of training beforehand.

My fiance wanted to climb the mountain just before the wedding but I'm strongly against it! After climbing the mountain, my legs were so sore, I walked like a penguin for a few days. No Kidding! Imagine going to a wedding, the bride and groom both walking like penguins. Not a pretty sight, right? :blink:

Maybe I only had myself to blame. Should had done more training.

wow... thanks for all the info...

that's really a great help for me..

I would starts to do my training next week onwards.

Climbing HDB's staircase.... long time never do exercise arh....

Mish... you are really funny... can't stop laughing... but you are right.. better dun do outdoor activities too much before your wedding. noone wanna be a tan brides... :)

I would starts to do my training next week onwards.

Climbing HDB's staircase.... long time never do exercise arh....

climbing HDB's staircase?? tlh, that means you're living in S'pore now issit? :P

countdown for my Mt KK trip... 3 days....

can't wait... but still worry abt my stamina.... didn't did enough exercise....

tlh,

my good friend just came back from mount KK. he said it's really interesting to climb mount KK. he like the environment there. my the other friend who climb the mount few years back said they can really see the star clear and bright there. they even saw quite a number of shooting stars.

enjoy your trip and do share with us your photos. i believe it will have a great scenery up there in mount KK.

calling all the mount KK climber,

may i know how much u have spend for the whole trip ( from kl) ? i wanted to climb it so gotta get this kind of info to convince my FH to go with me

thanks mhyap1.

at this moment, my feeling is worrying more than exciting... haha...

huh? worry? what you are worry with? should be excited ma... :)

hi nanako128,

I just came back from there. The whole trip is about rm 1k++ I paid. Is a 5 day 4 nite trip. Is really a nice place if you like outdoor activities. B)

hi all,

i am back.

Nanako, i go for a budget way. so i spent about few hundred bucks for 1 week trip.

i am now tanned.. the weather there so hot.. sweating for whole day....

Mt KK is really awesome.. but sad to say.. i would never think of going back at least in 5 years time... it is so tiring and painful... legs and muscles are really pain.... and it last for 2 days...

we were really happy when we stood at the summit point... hardwork... and managed to get the cert. :) (but the cert was charged at RM10, never think it is free. :) )

coming down was almost killed my legs. as there were lots of staircase.. we were cursing and swearing the people whole did the staircase there. hurt our knee so much....

by the way, see what Mt KK had done to my sport shoes...

post-12-1147530377.jpg

another view...

i have to tied the shoes while i am on the way down to the headquarter. Was praying hard it can last till i reach the office... and luckily it is...

post-12-1147530535.jpg

yeah.. myhap1, the base peel off. no pain no gain arh....

thanks everyone..

my legs are fine. muscle pain has gone...

I am still waiting for friends to organize the photos taken. shall share with you all when it is ready...

tlh,

Well done!!! :lol:

Now you know why I told you I walked like a penguin for 2 days after my mt kk experience.