chooz

Your (planned/dream) Honeymoon destinations

My honeymoon would be Europe too.

My hb okay with Prague and Budapest. :) Hooray!

Anyone been to Prague and Budapest? We want to F&E. Is it easy to travel around?

Pink Martini,

I went to Prague and Budapest a fews years ago. It's really easy to travel around. We had no problem at all. We flew to Vienna in Austria, spent a couple of days there then went to Prague by train. After a few days, we went to Budapest from Prague, also by train.

Out of the two cities, I would prefer Prague. We stayed in a hotel near Charles Bridge (pic below). Quite romantic. :angry:

English is not as widely spoken in Eastern Europe comparing to other parts of Europe but it's still OK. Things are much cheaper than Western European countries like UK, France, Italy etc. But if you like shopping, you might find Western Europe a better place to shop.

Hope it helps.

post-12-1143556593.jpg

i am leaving for Japan this April..... it is the sakura season. hope tat it is romantic.

Love to visit Europe again. but this time will be... one place for few days. not like before, many places in a trip.

Wow.... sakura season. :angry:

I love sakura. I have a sakura tree in my back garden. Everytime I look at it, I always smile contendedly. :angry: If I see that many sakura in Japan, I think I will burst into tears. Tears of joy, of course.

Let me see if I can attached a picture of my sakura...

post-12-1143558207.jpg

Hi girls,

Just want to share some info with you. My brother, who is working in Singapore, is planning to visit Europe in June. I'm currently doing some research for him.

Some of the budget airlines in UK offer very good value flights. E.g. London - Rome - Venice - London might only cost him less than RM150!!!!!! It's not a typo!!! The cost breakdown as follows:

One way London - Rome RM84

One way Rome - Venice RM4.40 :angry::angry::angry:

One way Venice - London RM58

This is exclusive of tax though. Tax about RM97 each way. Flights + tax is still under RM500! B)

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/

Hi girls,

Just want to share some info with you. My brother, who is working in Singapore, is planning to visit Europe in June. I'm currently doing some research for him.

Some of the budget airlines in UK offer very good value flights. E.g. London - Rome - Venice - London might only cost him less than RM150!!!!!! It's not a typo!!! The cost breakdown as follows:

One way Rome - Venice RM4.40 :angry::angry::angry:

This is exclusive of tax though. Tax about RM97 each way. Flights + tax is still under RM500! B)

WOW!! so cheap??!! :o You sure it's not some gimmick like AirAsia is doing?? Like RM9 per air ticket but only very limited seats, say less than 15 and have to book MONTHS ahead that kind? :lol::D

Chooz,

I bought ticket from them before. It really was that cheap. But you can't leave it too late. Cheap seats are limited but not that limited. Air Asia can get away from the way they are operating because there is no competition in Msia, right? There are quite a few budget airlines over here so the competition is fierce. If an airline like this doesn't offer good deals, people will simply book their flights with other budget airlines.

We were going to Germany with some friends some time ago. Return tickets cost me less than RM300. Then a day before departure, I decided not to go because I had been to Germany before and was too lazy to go again. :P But fiance did go.

Can only go early next year..

My hb cannot take leave this year.. :( Very sian!

pink dearie,

how come your hb cannot take leave this year??? :o

unfair leh, I thought every year also got leave entitlement one mah!

:angry:

he has few important projects on hand..if he is on leave, nobody knows how to handle..:(

i always wanted to force him to take leave..but i didn't..:( work is important to man..sometimes, more important than woman.. :)

Anyone been to Prague and Budapest? We want to F&E. Is it easy to travel around?

Pink Martini,

I went to Prague and Budapest a fews years ago. It's really easy to travel around. We had no problem at all. We flew to Vienna in Austria, spent a couple of days there then went to Prague by train. After a few days, we went to Budapest from Prague, also by train.

Out of the two cities, I would prefer Prague. We stayed in a hotel near Charles Bridge (pic below). Quite romantic. :angry:

English is not as widely spoken in Eastern Europe comparing to other parts of Europe but it's still OK. Things are much cheaper than Western European countries like UK, France, Italy etc. But if you like shopping, you might find Western Europe a better place to shop.

Hope it helps.

thanks for the info, mish!

i love both shopping & sightseeing! perhaps i should include pairs?!?! any comments?

i want to buy leather goods..! heard that it is 20% than SG..

Hi girls,

One way Rome - Venice RM4.40  :angry:  :blink:  :blink:

This is exclusive of tax though. Tax about RM97 each way. Flights + tax is still under RM500!  B)   

WOW!! so cheap??!! :o You sure it's not some gimmick like AirAsia is doing?? Like RM9 per air ticket but only very limited seats, say less than 15 and have to book MONTHS ahead that kind? :blink::blink:

it is very cheap..

i have doubts..eeemm...emmm..

Pink dearie! Happy for you !! :angry: :P

No wor, I've never been to both places but only heard of Prague before lah ... hee hee :P

I'll be doing F&E too ... but my case a little bit diff, my hb and I will have our own air-ticket, so we plan to fly all the way to Paris or Rome, then from there only we take their local trains or whatever to get around other parts of Europe. Erm, like this do we still need to book F&E tour from tour agency? Coz we're not gonna purchase air-tickets form them, we will have our air-tickets ready on our own ... hee hee :P

in that case, you need not go thru travel agent..

heard of www.zuji.com.sg heard that not bad..

but F & E is more exp than package.. however, i dislike rushing here and there (package tour)..

Wow, Mish, you have a cherry blossom tree in your own backyard? How cool is that???

No wonder my FH said Í would love Japan to pieces, esp if I go during the sakura season.

yaya...i hope i can see cherry blossom also.....

leaving for narita/tokyo-for disneyland, then to fuji-hakone, hamamatsu, toyohashi,universal stupio,kyoto/osaka,kansai. then will stop over at hong kong for 3 days....

mish,

wah...your tree is so so nice ler.....

made me, wanna fly to Japan Now

Cheery Blossom Season start from: 26.03.06 till 10.04.06 in japan...

yaya...i hope i can see cherry blossom also.....

leaving for narita/tokyo-for disneyland, then to fuji-hakone, hamamatsu, toyohashi,universal stupio,kyoto/osaka,kansai. then will stop over at hong kong for 3 days....

Ariel, Japan is definitely a very nice and beautiful country to visit! I joined some student exchange programmed when I was 18, went there and stayed with my Japanese "foster family" for close to 2 months in Osaka!! They brought me to Tokyo and Kyoto (during their New Year) ... I got to wear their traditional, authentic Kimono for their 1st Jan New Year and went to some Kyoto temple to pray together with the rest of the Japanese!! :) I got 2 or 3 Japanese ladies to literally "tuck me in and tie me up" in order to get me dressed in layer over layer of kimono and I could hardly breathe!!! :lol::blink:

I tell you, that kind of experience was really awesome and out of this world, until now I still cherish the memories a lot a lot :lol::lol: The experiences were not something tourist get to experienced therefore I really thank my Dad for giving me that opportunity. He was the one who organised the trip for me and insisted I go while I wasn't very keen on travelling that time) ...

And the best part was, I got to stay in the local house and my foster family was quite rich (the Dad was the boss of some transport company) ... Only those financially more capable familes were able to host foreign students as the living standards in Japan very high ... and thus, only the richer families have bigger house to accomodate visitors and to provide them food, clothings etc for months ;) We only had to pay the air ticket ... hee hee :P But in return of the favour my japanese foster parents did for us, my parents had to play hosts to a Japanese student (a guy) ... hee hee :P

thanks for the info, mish!

i love both shopping & sightseeing! perhaps i should include pairs?!?! any comments?

i want to buy leather goods..! heard that it is 20% than SG..

Wow, Mish, you have a cherry blossom tree in your own backyard?  How cool is that??? 

No wonder my FH said Í would love Japan to pieces, esp if I go during the sakura season.

Yes, I have one in my backyard. :lol::lol:

I have been to Japan once but that was in Sept so there were so sakura. :(

I hope I can go again soon..... daydreaming... :lol:

Chooz,

What an experience in Japan!!!

I went to Japan in 1997. My bf at the time was Japanese so I stayed with him and his family while I was there. I got the chance to live like a local, even though it was only for 2 weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like you said, this experience is not something tourist get to experienced :lol:

mish,

wah...your tree is so so nice ler.....

made me, wanna fly to Japan Now

Cheery Blossom Season start from: 26.03.06 till 10.04.06 in japan...

Thanks arieloh.

So envious of your trip to Japan and HK. :)

Food in HK are just YUMMY!!! :lol: Dim Sum, roast goose, egg tarts, mango pancakes........ STOP DROOLING, mish!

Chooz,

I went to Japan in 1997. My bf at the time was Japanese so I stayed with him and his family while I was there. I got the chance to live like a local, even though it was only for 2 weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like you said, this experience is not something tourist get to experienced :D

Yupe, must agree that it was an awesome experience no amount of money tourists can buy!! :D :P

I was there earlier than you, in 1995 or 96 .. hee hee :P

Hey Mish, by the way, was reading through your post about buying LVs in Paris, thank you so much for the warning us against those scheming Main Land Chinese ladies coz I do plan to buy LV there ;)

Hi girls,

One way Rome - Venice RM4.40  :D  :D  :blink:

This is exclusive of tax though. Tax about RM97 each way. Flights + tax is still under RM500!  B)   

WOW!! so cheap??!! :o You sure it's not some gimmick like AirAsia is doing?? Like RM9 per air ticket but only very limited seats, say less than 15 and have to book MONTHS ahead that kind? :blink::blink:

it is very cheap..

i have doubts..eeemm...emmm..

Pink Martini,

Seriously most flights from UK are reasonably priced. E.g. even with a big airline like British Airways, one-way ticket to Rome in June is only RM350 (exc. tax)! But June is not peak season.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is it is something worth looking into.

If it isn't for the fact that we have a son to look after (well, other people might refer him as a dog :lol: ), we will go to holiday more. My friend used to spend the weekend in other country every other week!

Chooz,

I went to Japan in 1997. My bf at the time was Japanese so I stayed with him and his family while I was there. I got the chance to live like a local, even though it was only for 2 weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like you said, this experience is not something tourist get to experienced    :D

Yupe, must agree that it was an awesome experience no amount of money tourists can buy!! :D :P

I was there earlier than you, in 1995 or 96 .. hee hee :P

Hey Mish, by the way, was reading through your post about buying LVs in Paris, thank you so much for the warning us against those scheming Main Land Chinese ladies coz I do plan to buy LV there ;)

No problem. ;) Let me know if you need anymore information.

I have been to Paris 4 times. Was approached twice! <_<