autumnlove

Emcee for Wedding Reception

hi there. i'm new to this forum.

dont know if you're still looking for an emcee but... my boyfriend.... erm, now fiance (ha ha!) does emceeing for weddings and corporate functions. he speaks fluent english and cantonese and is known for his fun and humourous style of emceeing.

too bad he cant be our own emcee for our OWN wedding! :P so are you still interested?

dont know if you're still looking for an emcee but... my boyfriend.... erm, now fiance (ha ha!) does emceeing for weddings and corporate functions. he speaks fluent english and cantonese and is known for his fun and humourous style of emceeing.

too bad he cant be our own emcee for our OWN wedding! :P so are you still interested?

joonie,

perhaps u can do some sort of 'advertisement' for ur bf under Classified section. :)

hi, all

i will be having a wedding dinner soon this month and m searching for a chinese female emcee. Any1 has any contact / reference for me??

my parents want the dinner to be on-going and not to be too quiet. And we have hired some singer with karaoke system to sing. however, they only sing till 10pm.

any suggestion for me what to do after 10pm?? i think i really need a wedding consultant now...........

hi YLC & Jiun,

ello...unfortunately, my AD in Penang , this emcee from Penang... can PM me if ur AD in PG as well, i will pass u his contact, have another two emcee contact as well, if u r looking for mandarin speaker, charges is more cheaper, RM150 only.

let me know ya...

hey...u plan to engage wt the emcee in Tesco to be ur emcee during ur AD ah??

How come english rm 300 and mandarin rm 150 niah....??

;)

Tesco near my hse only..possible i can have a look.... :P

I contacted Alan Wong for his MC services and he's charging RM1500. After knowing what I need, he was very nice to tell me that he is overpriced for what I want. He did, however recommend someone by the name of Kuek Ai Fang who is a Former Radio 5 broadcaster. Anyone knows who this is? She charges RM1K, per Alan Wong.

I contacted Alan Wong for his MC services and he's charging RM1500. After knowing what I need, he was very nice to tell me that he is overpriced for what I want. He did, however recommend someone by the name of Kuek Ai Fang who is a Former Radio 5 broadcaster. Anyone knows who this is? She charges RM1K, per Alan Wong.

Hi Christine, I attended my friend's wedding function where Alan was the MC and performed on saxophone. He is really a top class performer. Heard he has MC-ed some international events too. He really has a voice that gives the ambience like a high end international event. For that price... really, if anyone is looking for that quality, is value for money..

wow, Cindy, you seem to be an ardent fan of Alan Wong. guess u're hiring him as ur performer cum MC too?

Yup... just confirmed his services for my wedding early next year.. I mean, I did check around... if you need just a band with sound, Marcus is the cheapest in town. If you need band, sound and MC, Alan's package is the best value. This is soft Pop Jazz we're talking about... not contemporary Jazz. Majority doesn't understands contemporary Jazz anyway.. This two that I have checked are within resonable pricing...

Marcus is charging 5 piece band with sound system at RM 3700.00. That is the lowest I know in town. His 3 piece band cost around RM 2,500.00 with sound. Unfortunately, he is taken on my wedding day.

Alan's MC price alone can vary between RM 1000 to RM 1500. If you are nice to him, I think he will lower his price...haha.. His 3 piece band with sound + MC services varies between RM 3000 to RM 3500 depending on the the size of the hall and the sound equipment he brings in to cater for the size. I realised 1 thing about his MC job, everything moves according to plan and the entire night is flawless. Something that I really need to see go through without me worrying.

Anyone got any good MC to recommend to others or a reasonably priced band? What are their prices?

Regards,

Cindy

but Alan Wong is not a "Tai Kam Lou" like Stephen Foong right? Ideally I would like to hire someone who can give me the who package lah... and must be able to speak in Cantonese/Mandarin also :angry: dono lah, everything right now is still under budget-review... but Alan did tell me that most ppl who claim that they are MC's out there are mere announcers. An MC would help you organize the flow of the event apparently...

BTW, Cindy... When is your wedding? You can give me your wedding details so that I can add you to the bride-to-be list :)

Hi Cindy,

How to contact Alan Wong then? As you mentioned, he is quite good. So i wanna find out some info about MC from him...

Thanks ya!!

Selene

wow, Cindy, you seem to be an ardent fan of Alan Wong. guess u're hiring him as ur performer cum MC too?

Yup... just confirmed his services for my wedding early next year.. I mean, I did check around... if you need just a band with sound, Marcus is the cheapest in town. If you need band, sound and MC, Alan's package is the best value. This is soft Pop Jazz we're talking about... not contemporary Jazz. Majority doesn't understands contemporary Jazz anyway.. This two that I have checked are within resonable pricing...

Marcus is charging 5 piece band with sound system at RM 3700.00. That is the lowest I know in town. His 3 piece band cost around RM 2,500.00 with sound. Unfortunately, he is taken on my wedding day.

Alan's MC price alone can vary between RM 1000 to RM 1500. If you are nice to him, I think he will lower his price...haha.. His 3 piece band with sound + MC services varies between RM 3000 to RM 3500 depending on the the size of the hall and the sound equipment he brings in to cater for the size. I realised 1 thing about his MC job, everything moves according to plan and the entire night is flawless. Something that I really need to see go through without me worrying.

Anyone got any good MC to recommend to others or a reasonably priced band? What are their prices?

Regards,

Cindy

Hiya! Most MC can help with organisation of the event flow, etc. However, the couple still need an "idea" regarding how they want the flow of the event to be. At least that's what I feel after MC-ing for many many friends and also MC-ing for others whom I don't know! hehe! However, indeed the MC is the one running the show that night to ensure no hiccups! *smile*

(Unfortunately, I can't MC my own wedding in August 07! haha!)

Anyway, I know of some good MC contacts, for English/Mandarin. If you would like some performance, singing is the most common lor! General pricing for an MC is about RM500-RM1200, depending if they're speaking one language or two languages. With or without performance.

James is an interesting guy who create some "games" during wedding banquet. Very funny indeed! It does help in spicing up the event! (Charge: ~ RM600 - RM1000)

Alternatively, if you've prepared quite a number of slide shows and also speeches, you might want to omit the performances part and just have an MC to help you with the event flow and creating some jokes during the night, Han is a very good speaker, who can bring the "crowd" to an all time high! =D (Charge: RM500 - RM750)

PM me for their contacts.

Cheers!

hi YLC,

Did Joonie reply you? still interested to know her fiance? he called me this morning.

Do let me know.

oh my gosh! how long ago was this! i totally forgot about posting this... hehehe. am i too late? hehe. if any of you still want to to find out how much my fiance charges, and etc.... pm me yea, and i'll give you his contact....

all my friends are asking me who's gonna be our emcee for our wedding, coz usually they all get my fiance to emcee at their weddings... and he CANT possibly emcee at his own wedding right? hahaha

hm, yea, i should put up an "ad" for him under classifieds. hehe. i'll get to that after our AD la... hehehe..... 2 weeks to go!!!

too bad he cant be our own emcee for our OWN wedding! tongue.gif so are you still interested?

Hi Joonie,

I'm very interested. Please can you kindly forward me your contact to my email at hoe_sy@yahoo.com. Thanks in advanced.

Hiya! Most MC can help with organisation of the event flow, etc. However, the couple still need an "idea" regarding how they want the flow of the event to be. At least that's what I feel after MC-ing for many many friends and also MC-ing for others whom I don't know! hehe! However, indeed the MC is the one running the show that night to ensure no hiccups! *smile*

Anyway, I know of some good MC contacts, for English/Mandarin. If you would like some performance, singing is the most common lor! General pricing for an MC is about RM500-RM1200, depending if they're speaking one language or two languages. With or without performance.

James is an interesting guy who create some "games" during wedding banquet. Very funny indeed! It does help in spicing up the event! (Charge: ~ RM600 - RM1000)

Alternatively, if you've prepared quite a number of slide shows and also speeches, you might want to omit the performances part and just have an MC to help you with the event flow and creating some jokes during the night, Han is a very good speaker, who can bring the "crowd" to an all time high! =D (Charge: RM500 - RM750)

Cheers!

IM new to this forum. Can I haf their contacts? Im kinda desperate as many of friends and family cant help with MCing.. Alan has another booking on my wedding date already. Kindly send me the contacts at maemae1113@yahoo.com. Thanks

hi, all

i will be having a wedding dinner soon this month and m searching for a chinese female emcee. Any1 has any contact / reference for me??

my parents want the dinner to be on-going and not to be too quiet. And we have hired some singer with karaoke system to sing. however, they only sing till 10pm.

any suggestion for me what to do after 10pm?? i think i really need a wedding consultant now...........

Hi

I had a blast on my wedding and definitely a night for everyone to remember. I'm providing freelance service for wedding planning & design if you're interested. My emcee did a very good job and he's my cousin. He did such a good job on my wedding.

please drop me a note if you're interested and I can definitely provide the consultation you need. I can assure you a unique and memorable wedding..

here's my jeannietcm@gmail.com

hi, all

hi YLC,

Did Joonie reply you? still interested to know her fiance? he called me this morning.

Do let me know.

oh my gosh! how long ago was this! i totally forgot about posting this... hehehe. am i too late? hehe. if any of you still want to to find out how much my fiance charges, and etc.... pm me yea, and i'll give you his contact....

all my friends are asking me who's gonna be our emcee for our wedding, coz usually they all get my fiance to emcee at their weddings... and he CANT possibly emcee at his own wedding right? hahaha

hm, yea, i should put up an "ad" for him under classifieds. hehe. i'll get to that after our AD la... hehehe..... 2 weeks to go!!!

Hi Joonie,

I am scouting around for an emcee for my wedding in June 2008. Could you pass me your husband's contact details? Thank you!

phuiling_c@yahoo.com

Cheers!

Hi Dolphina,

Heartiest Congratulations to you!

Could I please have the contact details for James and Han? Are they both fluent in English?

phuiling_c@yahoo.com

Thank you!