Which base metal for wedding rings/bands will you choose?  

346 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We also bought 1 pair of ring which will be using same for ROM & AD . . . ours is the Yellow Gold 916 that bought at MADRAS @ Masjid India only for RM750 in total for 2 rings. He's the one spotted that design for my ring, took me quite some time to find something I love . . . His one is just the plain bit of design and mine was with 6 diamonds where 3 align below and the other 3 above making abit of design . . . Kinda looks like my grandma old ring where hers is align in 1 straight line . . . My 1st thought is our fingers easily get bigger that one day it doesn't fit . . . since planning a wedding cost alot . . . someday only buy 1 nice nice one . . . that's my thinking . . .

White gold is my choice :biggrin:

Initially we wanted platinum but because my engagement ring is white gold and I've heard that platinum might tarnish the white gold when they're worn together so in the end we settled with white gold.

I agree. I am probably going with white gold because my engagement ring is set in white gold as well. Since I'll be wearing them side by side, I think having the same metal would prevent problems.

Bought ours, platinum and rose gold, a reli sweet and simple combination, with a little diamond in the middle for the lady's one. Love it =) Will be getting it by this week. We always thought that plain white gold / platinum looks like a keychain, especially for the guy. So we settled for a combo of platinum and rose gold

The beauty of white gold rings is to mix and match with any casual or formal attire. There are several price ranges depending on quality, carat, design parameters and the type of precious stones embedded in the ring. To give you a brief description of gold measured in carats and is usually available in 18 and 14k. White gold is pure gold mixed with other metals such as rhodium, palladium, nickel, etc. It requires proper maintenance to preserve their quality of sparkling white gold. Expensive rings are usually mounted in 18 karat gold and a central diamond side stones. They are available in pre-defined or custom made in a modern or traditional classic style.

wedding band engraving

Your ring sounds gorgeous! Which jeweller did you buy it from?

Bought ours, platinum and rose gold, a reli sweet and simple combination, with a little diamond in the middle for the lady's one. Love it =) Will be getting it by this week. We always thought that plain white gold / platinum looks like a keychain, especially for the guy. So we settled for a combo of platinum and rose gold

If you don't mind my asking, how's the rose gold & white gold on your ring? Is it still nice? If yes, which jeweller did you get it from? Thank you!

my design~~

white gold plus rose gold plus diamond~~

I've heard mixed reviews about rings from D&P. Are you happy with your ring - is the quality still as good 3 years on?

Ours is a combination of Rose Gold & Platinium from D&P. Cheers! :lol:

Choosing your wedding ring can be a very exciting time in your life. Your wedding ring will be a symbol of your love that you will wear for a very long time, so it's important that you put some thought into selecting the best type of wedding ring for you.

This wedding ring advice page provides advice for choosing a ladies wedding ring. For advice about choosing a men's wedding rings visit the men's wedding rings advice page.

Ladies often find it easier to choose a wedding ring than men do. There are a few reasons for this.

Ladies are often more familiar with jewelry terminology than men, which can make the process a little less confusing and daunting than it is for men.

Ladies have often had the benefit of seeing friends' and colleagues' wedding rings; ladies will often have an idea of the type of wedding ring that they would like; and importantly, most ladies wear an engagement ring which will play a major part in choosing their wedding ring design.

The wedding ring advice below will help you to choose your wedding ring.

We choose the white gold wedding ring from Wah Chan. We wanted to buy the platinum wedding bands, however my fiancee's fingers is thin. As to this the platinum wedding band just doesn't look nice at all on him! We noticed all the designs for the platinum wedding bands are quite thick. As to this, we chose the white gold wedding bands.

We were also quite tight on our budget so when we managed to find quite a reasonable and cheap wedding band. Mine had a half eternity wedding band.... All in all, both of rings in total cost us RM2k. We are quite happy with our buy after hunting soooo long for rings!

I have just ordered my wedding ring. I wanted to have Platinum, but was too expensive so we decided to have my ring made from Palladium. I will have ring with Diamonds around the ring and will have engraving on the side of the ring. I ordered from here, and should be getting my ring in few days:) We also have a titanium wedding ring for my hb from there, with Diamonds and white gold. it was ordered before and it is really nice ring and my hb loves it. The jeweler also designs unique custom rings, and we asked for few different designs for me, but decided to go with this dream ring:) Really nice service there!

My ring:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107733319/palladium-diamond-eternity-unique

My hubbys ring:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92273568/titanium-wedding-band-gold-diamond

sambride those are really beautiful rings that u got there!

thought i was the only rare souls to get our rings custom made lol

we visited this ring maker at TTDI to get our designs done for us and it cost only RM4k for 6mm and 5mm 18k white/rose gold rings which are really cheap.

seriously don't mind sharing this info to BTBs who are a lil adventurous and want something unique but yet under constraint budget =)

materialisecreativity.blogspot.com/

I would prefer platinum as I have a white gold promise ring and the bottom part is turning yellowish day by day. However, me and FH find that the combination of platinum + rose gold is nice too! Saw a pair of platinum & rose gold wedding bands at Diamond & Platinum Mid Valley and another pair of totally different design at Love & Co Gardens which is also in platinum & rose gold. Love both designs very much but FH prefers Cartier which I don't really like. It is in platinum & rose gold too but just too simple. Guess all the guys likes plain stuff huh? Keep hunting!