premshiva

Bungalows for private functions..

courtyard garden contact 03-20939331

ceylon hill at Jln. Damai ...last saturday, i went there to visit Rahsia & Ceylon hill which in same area...

found tat ceylon hill already close down........dunno y..

or move to other place??

mm...dunno wat type of restaurant u looking for.....i think it is good u pay visit to all this bungalow type restaurant.

Last saturday, i had pay visit to Passion road, tophat, bonton, smoke house, rahsia, bijan, citron.....just courtyard not yet visit.

Suprisingly, i love smoke house..............which is not tat attractive from outside, but very very nice interior, a lot of decor...... n a very homely, warm and peaceful feel.:D

i still considering, need to bargain for the corkage charges.... :)

hey...so nice..good tat u covered so many places but respect la u can do it one day..hahha!

wen is ur wedding? and wat is ur budget? yea smokehouse is very nice..very cosy feeling right?

courtyard garden contact 03-20939331

ceylon hill at Jln. Damai ...last saturday, i went there to visit Rahsia & Ceylon hill which in same area...

found tat ceylon hill already close down........dunno y..

or move to other place??

mm...dunno wat type of restaurant u looking for.....i think it is good u pay visit to all this bungalow type restaurant.

Last saturday, i had pay visit to Passion road, tophat, bonton, smoke house, rahsia, bijan, citron.....just courtyard not yet visit.

Suprisingly, i love smoke house..............which is not tat attractive from outside, but very very nice interior, a lot of decor...... n a very homely, warm and peaceful feel. :D

i still considering, need to bargain for the corkage charges.... :)

hi!

my wedding next year, MARCH 21. Urs in DEC this year, right? :) so good tat u already decide ur wedding venue! no need to headache so much....

u visit smoke house b4?? the interior is nice, but i a bit worry the external look a bit old and run down.... how do u think?

my budget is around rm70 per pax for 120ppl.

Smoke house can do tat. But the corkage charges is very very expensive...somemore got chair ribbon charges(know it from other forum)..........going to meet the person in charge next weekend. Still dunno how to bargain for corkage charges, wine is 45/bottle & hard liquor is 75/bottle........headache~ is more than 2X of other restaurant i had research. :(

really wanna waive the ribbon charges and lower the corkage charges...any idea??

hi..

i have not been to smoke house but i have seen some pictures..looks very colonial english style rite?

well my idea is..u talk about the menu and all tat u need and then wen u have the total $$$ u ask them if they can give u anything complementary since ur spending so much..ask them to waive like the ribbon rental or few bottles corkage...tat's how i got mine done..;)

The outside of the place...m not sure wat u can do but u can definetly enhance it..like with candle lights, ribbons or such..just simple deco...and ur concept can be related to old english style..meaning u set up the place as such lor...outside abit old nevermind..as long as insides look great..i think tat's very important coz ur's is indoor rite?

good luck!

hi!

my wedding next year, MARCH 21. Urs in DEC this year, right? :) so good tat u already decide ur wedding venue! no need to headache so much....

u visit smoke house b4?? the interior is nice, but i a bit worry the external look a bit old and run down.... how do u think?

Smoke house can do tat. But the corkage charges is very very expensive...somemore got chair ribbon charges(know it from other forum)..........going to meet the person in charge next weekend. Still dunno how to bargain for corkage charges, wine is 45/bottle & hard liquor is 75/bottle........headache~ is more than 2X of other restaurant i had research. :(

really wanna waive the ribbon charges and lower the corkage charges...any idea??

Hi premshiva, my wedding will be in this year Sept....very rush huh?!! Still haven't decided which restaurant should I go.....very very headache!!

You choose buffet dinner at Courtyard garden right? How many pax r u taking?? I only need about 70-80 paxs and the minimum spend for one night event is RM12,000, so maybe I will appoint their 3-PC Jazz Band. <_<

Wah sept? tat's so soon..u better hurry..:)

my pax is 100 and the menu cost is rm95++ ...i am taking their deco and also bringing my own band.. all together coming close to14K..

i think u can definetly fit in..try talking to them and tell them ur budget...m sure they can help..:)

have u booked ur photographer n all?

good luck!

Hi premshiva, my wedding will be in this year Sept....very rush huh?!! Still haven't decided which restaurant should I go.....very very headache!!

You choose buffet dinner at Courtyard garden right? How many pax r u taking?? I only need about 70-80 paxs and the minimum spend for one night event is RM12,000, so maybe I will appoint their 3-PC Jazz Band. <_<

Ya lor, very rush for me :( You spoke to the PIC named Azman right?? Premshiva, close to 14k?? If u bringing your own band, when I count for you, ur total is close to 11K ++. Dun tell me they have hidden cost..... <_<

How much u pay for your own band?? Can intro to me?? I've booked for my photographer, any good PG can share with me??

hi there

for me i am taking food for 100 pax..then i am taking their deco for 1100 and then one barrel of beer and rm250 for corkage to bring our own band...i have not decided on the band yet..still looking out...i want a good entertaining emcee..u know any?

i am taking dinawedding to cover my photography and videography for three events...my engagement,wedding and party..it's coming to almost 8K...

who is ur photographer?

Ya lor, very rush for me :( You spoke to the PIC named Azman right?? Premshiva, close to 14k?? If u bringing your own band, when I count for you, ur total is close to 11K ++. Dun tell me they have hidden cost..... <_<

How much u pay for your own band?? Can intro to me?? I've booked for my photographer, any good PG can share with me??

thanks for ur suggestion.. :D

i will try ur way when bargain with them, i think it will works...

ya! my wedding dinner more to indoor. But also hope to give my guest a good impression when they arrive.... also think of having some decoration at entrance... but need to consider about the budget too.. :P normally, how much will an entrance arch flower cost ? and where can i get the vendor? the flower shop or wedding deco vendor?

Do u have any idea wat is this type of buffet dinner's program? i means the procedure of the night..... like cake cutting? speech? light up the unity candle???? i have no idea about it.... ;)

did any forum talk about this? wat i found it in forum is more on traditional sit down dinner & morning ceremony process. :(

soory, feel like i have too much question...hehe...

hi..

i have not been to smoke house but i have seen some pictures..looks very colonial english style rite?

well my idea is..u talk about the menu and all tat u need and then wen u have the total $$$ u ask them if they can give u anything complementary since ur spending so much..ask them to waive like the ribbon rental or few bottles corkage...tat's how i got mine done.. ;)

The outside of the place...m not sure wat u can do but u can definetly enhance it..like with candle lights, ribbons or such..just simple deco...and ur concept can be related to old english style..meaning u set up the place as such lor...outside abit old nevermind..as long as insides look great..i think tat's very important coz ur's is indoor rite?

good luck!

hi!

Hi premshiva, I still haven't decided my photograhy & videography....... :(

I also want to look for a band or karaoke....can a singer can become a emcee as well?? Maybe I ask my friend become my emcee.....

Do u think I could get a band/ karaoke below 1k?? :rolleyes:

hi there

for me i am taking food for 100 pax..then i am taking their deco for 1100 and then one barrel of beer and rm250 for corkage to bring our own band...i have not decided on the band yet..still looking out...i want a good entertaining emcee..u know any?

i am taking dinawedding to cover my photography and videography for three events...my engagement,wedding and party..it's coming to almost 8K...

who is ur photographer?

Hi Junyan, about the dinner's program...maybe u can get some idea from the PIC in the restaurant. I'm sure they know very well about it, you just need to accommodate with the emcee.

premshiva,

im considering between Courtyard garden or Passion road too. Can u pls give me some advice?

i got avout 150 guess. If passion road, more than 130 pax must get the canopy, n it ll cost a lots.

Courtyard garden, i think is quite expensive if compare PR. What is ur dinner type? Sit Down or Buffer? Can i have ur list of quatation from Courtyard?

My email is mei_127@hotmail.com

Thank you.

premshiva,

im considering between Courtyard garden or Passion road too. Can u pls give me some advice?

i got avout 150 guess. If passion road, more than 130 pax must get the canopy, n it ll cost a lots.

Courtyard garden, i think is quite expensive if compare PR. What is ur dinner type? Sit Down or Buffer? Can i have ur list of quatation from Courtyard?

My email is mei_127@hotmail.com

Thank you.

bei bei, u have visited Passion Road rite?? How do u think about the restaurant?? I might go for Passion Road becus Courtyard is already been booked for my date.

Mina,

Sorry to hear that. When is ur SD?

Yes, i went to Passion Road.. Actually i like the place but my FH said it's a bit old..

Good thing for Passion Road is the decoration is included. For me, the deco that included is enough!! i think it is about the same as standard deco at Courtyard but we need to pay RM1100 at Courtyard..

And the food, they managed to quote me RM90 per pax. Problem now is i got 150 pax. Then have to get the canopy at PR, at least i need to top up about rm1500 for it.. Then afraid the place will be very pack..

I had my dinner at Courtyard last night. My FH loves it.. So most probably we ll choose Courtyard.. Everything still in the discussion wt the manager Azman.

bei bei, i plan to hv my dinner on 27 Sept 2008. Called Azman today, he told me tat day already been booked jor. :( My fault also, now only thinking of booking banquet. So, the only way is go for Passion Road lo...

I love Courtyard becus all the seats are cover inside, dun need to top up canopy at all. RM1500 is too expensive. Passion also advise me to top up canopy for the small performance area, takut rainning wor.....

bei bei, do u mind send me the quotation for RM90 per pax? Tat gurl dun want to send me la, ask me to choose which dishes i like then only quote for me....

Mina,

Sorry to hear that. When is ur SD?

Yes, i went to Passion Road.. Actually i like the place but my FH said it's a bit old..

Good thing for Passion Road is the decoration is included. For me, the deco that included is enough!! i think it is about the same as standard deco at Courtyard but we need to pay RM1100 at Courtyard..

And the food, they managed to quote me RM90 per pax. Problem now is i got 150 pax. Then have to get the canopy at PR, at least i need to top up about rm1500 for it.. Then afraid the place will be very pack..

I had my dinner at Courtyard last night. My FH loves it.. So most probably we ll choose Courtyard.. Everything still in the discussion wt the manager Azman.

Mina,

really sad to hear that.. dun worry Passion Road is Good too :)

Actually Melissa also request me to do the same thing. So i select the menu myself then sent to her to quote the price.. i told her my budget too.

Ok ll email to u after this.

Thanks bei bei, at least i got the guideline how to do..... :)

That day you attend the dinner at Courtyard is a buffet or sit down dinner? I'm still wondering will my guests feel good if i go for buffet dinner becus they need to queue up in order to get the food....if i choose for sit down dinner, it seems like very little food to serve for my guests.

I've got email, thank ya :D

Dear Mina,

I went for my own dinner wt FH b4 meeting the manager. Is not any special function but when we get there only found out there was a birthday dinner there. They took part of the place only.. The birthday dinner served sit down menu.. The course looks very nicen delicious!! :) But it looks a bit quiet.. i think i ll feel less happiness if my weding dinner like that.

I got same concern wt u too... Really hard to decide buffer of sit down..

Buffer :

1) guest need to Q up to take food, afraid them feel 'not exclussive'

2) mb the lady guest ll stop taking food after 1 or 2 times Q up

3) Most of the guest ll think 'Buffer is Cheap'

4) mb some guest ll leave early

Sit Down :

1) ll be a bit formal,

2) seems like little food to serve, afraid the guest ll still feel hungry after that

3) the main couse will be the same for all, afraid guest dun like the main course then not happy

4) the food is 'cool' type, most of the chinese prefer 'hot or warm' food

Can anyone give me advise on this??

Oh ya Mina, 1 more thing. Pls take note.

Sit down menu at Passion road, they not really serve couse by couse. It's like family dinner, all the main dishes like vege, seafood, meat and rice ll serve togather

bei bei, thanks for your points....but i think guest will leave early for sit down dinner, there is only one main course together with the foods to serve for the guest. What they can do after makan???

I found out Courtyards' menu is better, becus they offer more food if u compare with Passion... (Buffet Dinner)

Your quotation is for the sit down dinner rite?? I found very little food in the menu, i worry my guest not happy due to very little food... :(

bei bei, thanks for your points....but i think guest will leave early for sit down dinner, there is only one main course together with the foods to serve for the guest. What they can do after makan???

I found out Courtyards' menu is better, becus they offer more food if u compare with Passion... (Buffet Dinner)

Your quotation is for the sit down dinner rite?? I found very little food in the menu, i worry my guest not happy due to very little food... :(

Hi beibei, congra!! Actually I am also planing a wedding dinner for around 150 pax. I am interested on The Courtyard Garden too. Just wondering would it be to pack for 150 pax? and if possible, can you share me the quotation? Thanks!!.

Hi beibei, congra!! Actually I am also planing a wedding dinner for around 150 pax. I am interested on The Courtyard Garden too. Just wondering would it be to pack for 150 pax? and if possible, can you share me the quotation? Thanks!!.

Hi Yen,

courtyard garden is with max 200pax. so 150pax is ok. not too pack la. somemore i ll have sit down menu.

i ll send u the email on the quotation. But this is outdated liao 1.. Cuz as i know, they alr confirmed increase the price start 1st July. So, is better u visit them or request the quotation from they thru email.

Thanks

hi, can anyone recommend which restaurant to have for wedding dinner around 200 pax? i'm trying to cut down on my budget, i have checked out hotels which are kinda pricey and i;m acutally looking for a wedding dinner which is kinda cozy and relax. sit down dinner in hotel or chinese restaurant will be very formal and rigid. i'm looking for budget around RM 95 nett per pax, any recommendation?

btw, i'm new with this MB, so need lots of help and opinion for all the sifu. :lol: