niq

Tanjung Aru - Honeymoon

Hi all,

Has anyone been to Tanjung Aru Resort for either honeymoon or holiday? How is it? Is Tanjung Aru nicer or Sutera Harbour nicer?

I saw on their website, they are offering a 4D/3N honeymoon package inclusive of 60 min spa for 2 persons, champange, breakfast daily, 1 set dinner for two, honeymoon gifts for RM1820 per couple.

I thought that was quite good. Any comments?

niq

Hi Niq,

Are you talking about Tg Aru and Sutera Harbour Sabah? Im actually from Sabah, kk. Both the resorts are nice actually. Tg Aru resort is by the Tg Aru beach and if you are staying there you can have a walk at the Tg Aru beach. There are hawkers stall and restaurant around.

If you play golf then you can choose Sutera Harbour. There's a golf course and its quite near to the KK city.

There's another resort called Nexus resort. This resort is very far from the city but its a very nice resort and there's golf course too. Maybe you can check out their website http://www.nexusresort.com/

Out of the 3 resorts i think Nexus is the best :)

hi icy,

yup, i'm talking about Tanjung Aru and Sutera Harbour in Sabah.

How far is Karmabrunai from the city? Is it easy to get food there other than the hotel food? Cause if there r no shops around etc, hotels tend to charge a bomb for their food like in Pangkor Laut Resort.

niq

Hi girls,

My favourite resort in KK is the Shangri-la resort in Tanjung Aru. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up in Tanjung Aru (the town, not the resort. :) ).

icy,

I finally found someone from KK in this forum!! Are you going to have your wedding in KK? I'm trying to find a good MUA in KK. Don't know where to start.... :lol:

hi icy,

yup, i'm talking about Tanjung Aru and Sutera Harbour in Sabah.

How far is Karmabrunai from the city? Is it easy to get food there other than the hotel food? Cause if there r no shops around etc, hotels tend to charge a bomb for their food like in Pangkor Laut Resort.

niq

niq,

Karmabrunai is very far away from the city centre. It is in the middle of nowhere. Maybe the hotel will provide the transport link to the city centre.

I personally find it not as classy as the Tg Aru resort and Sutera Harbour resort.

hi mish,

thanks for ur feedback.

Will KIV this Tanjung Aru honeymoon package till nearer my wedding date. Right now, I'm still praying and hoping that my FH would agree to a honeymoon outside Malaysia, but if not, Tanjung Aru's package sounds pretty good and affordable.

niq

hi,

i prefer karambrunai than tanjung aru and sutera harbour... if you like beach, karambrunai has the most natural beach among the 3... i hv been to all 3... but karambrunai i went twice, the latest was CNY 2006... we went there by own car, so we do not hv transport problem... we take outside food sometimes... tanjung aru beach not that clean, sutera harbour not very natural feel... but in terms of transportation, tanjung aru and sutera harbour more convenient...

hi jocelyn,

how much do u normally pay for a room in Karambunai?

Did u go there for ur honeymoon? If yes, how much does it cost?

niq

hi nig,

the first time i went there was in 2002... can't remembered the price liao... soli :( then for CNY 2006, it was a gift from hubby's boss... so, i also don't know how much is the charges... we spent 3 days there after come down from Mount KK Resort... so, maybe can also call as honeymoon lor... since now no chance to go for honeymoon... :D

Niq,

Jocelyn is right about the beach! As I’m not a beach person, I didn’t take Karambunai’s beach in consideration. :P

If you stay in Karambunai, maybe you should consider hiring a car.

Just got the quotation from Tanjung Aru and Karambunai for their honeymoon package...

Tanjung Aru:

1. Tanjung Deluxe Room : RM 1850.00

2. Tanjung Executive Suite : RM 2450.00

3. Tanjung Deluxe Suite : RM 2750.00

The above rates are our Borneo Romance promotional offers which include benefits below :

Minimum 3 consecutive nights stay required

Complimentary daily buffet breakfast for two adults

Turndown - Honeymoon gifts : aromatherapy candles, a pair of black pearl earrings for the bride and his/hers beach sarongs

A bottle of champagne placed in room

A set dinner for two person at Peppino Restaurant

A welcome drink for two persons at Sunset Bar

A 60-minutes massage for two person

A high season surcharge of RM 100.00 per room per night apply for the period 01 to 04 January, 25 January to 03 February, 13 to 19 April, 15 July to 31 August and 21 to 31 December 2006.

The validity is from 01 January to 31 December 2006

Airport Transfer: The Resort limousine is available for airport pick-up at RM 80.00 per way per car. A 50% surcharge apply between 11pm and 6am. Please advise if this is required.

Nexus Karambunai

5D /4N Deluxe Honeymooner Package - RM3600.00 nett Per Couple (2 Pax) inclusive of the following:-

* 4 Nights stay in a Nexus Club Room.

* Welcome Drink and Fruit Basket upon arrival.

* Personalized Butler-service.

* Express Check-in and Check-out at The Nexus Club Lounge.

* Complimentary Laundry of Garments (2 pieces) of your choice per day (Washing only).

* Complimentary Daily Buffet Breakfast for 2 persons from 6.30am to 10.30am at The Nexus Club Lounge.

* Complimentary Sunset Cocktail from 5.30pm to 7.00pm at The Nexus Club Lounge.

* One Romantic Candlelight Dinner at Olives Mediterranean Restaurant.

* One Buffet dinner at The Kingfisher Restaurant.

* Heart shape Rose Petals on the bed for the First Night.

* One Bottle of Selected Wine.

* Surprise Gift (Box of Chocolates) & Bouquet of Roses.

* One and a half-hour (1 ½) Aromatherapy Remedial Massage at the Borneo Spa

* 10% Discount on Borneo Spa Treatments.

* Return Airport Transfer by Private Sedan Car.

Extension nights : RM500.00 nett per room per night inclusive of 2 adult breakfast

Terms & Conditions:

* Package only valid from 1st April 2006 till 31st March 2007

* Peak Season Surcharge of RM80.00 nett per room per night applies between:

13th – 19th April 2006

15th July-31st August 2006

22nd December 2006 – 4th January 2007

16th – 25th February 2007

Just in case anyone needs to know

niq

Hi Mish,

Yupp, my wedding will be in KK. I've got my MUA from wisma merdeka, recommended by my sis in law.The lady was her MUA during her wedding and price quite reasonable. :)

Dear All,

Just wanted to know..Tanjung Aru better or Sutera Harbour better? I have been to KK before for mount climbing, but now as for my honeymoon..I might consider going to KK as I love the beach/island at KK very much...so wandering between Tanjung Aru and Sutera Harbour, which one is better in terms of relaxation and view?

Appreciate all the comments given..

Rgds,

bebepooh

The Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa is an ideal place for honeymoon and holidays in Borneo Sabah Malaysia which is exceptionally famous for its natural beauty, Beaches, jungle preserves, and parks with activities to do like hiking, diving and snorkeling. This wonderful resort covers 25 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and has lovely architecture to see with all luxury and modern amenities and services to avail for customers.