babysiew

Plasma or LCD?

Plasma or LCD TV?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Found out recently that hanging TV (the holder) on the wall cost about RM200++ and above... Will this consider reasonable? Don't think the price inclusive of workmanship.. What do you think? :rolleyes:

I think is around that price, from 180++ to 300++, there are different type of brackets.

It must be freaking expensive hehe...

The wall mount bracket costs around RM180 to RM400... highest quote we got is RM400 from Harvey Norman... cheapest is RM180...

It must be freaking expensive hehe...

The wall mount bracket costs around RM180 to RM400... highest quote we got is RM400 from Harvey Norman... cheapest is RM180...

i ordered the pana 42" plasma, hanger bracket is FOC, he choose hang or stand.

Good for u, Alex... got something FOC from the purchase... make sure they install nicely for u...

Which model Pana u got?

Good for u, Alex... got something FOC from the purchase... make sure they install nicely for u...

Which model Pana u got?

installation i let my ID to do, need to measure height and distance to hang it.

even if buy, it will cost rm150 for standard hanger.

oic... ya then ur ID would hang it nicely... cos need to measure the height and etc and also our viewing angle... glad that everything turns out good for u... very excited isnt it that our homes getting into the shapes that we dream of... hehe...

oic... ya then ur ID would hang it nicely... cos need to measure the height and etc and also our viewing angle... glad that everything turns out good for u... very excited isnt it that our homes getting into the shapes that we dream of... hehe...

ya, we not orang kaya, so must make sure everything turn out nicely as we expected, rework means extra cost, excited definately.

Same here... Just grateful that our renovation, ppl are doing it for us FOC... then we can jimat a bit and spend more on important items...

we got a Toshiba 32" LCD back when Harvey Norman was a sale (A$720) , no problems with the pixels. Its actually pretty easy to mount to the wall on your own and we plan to do that we've moved int our new home :)

I think Pioneer plasmas are the best, we saw 3 plasmas side by side (Sony Bravia, Panasonic Viera and the Pioneer) and the Pioneer definitely produces better picture quality. Sony has very vibrant colours, but can look a bit fake sometimes? A bit of an unreal quality and the Panasonic is also good (and good value for $$$) but the Pioneer definitely outputs better picture and colour quality- hopefully our budget will allow us to purchase one after all the hoem furnishing has been completed!

I hv no idea which 1 better, plasma or LCD, since both also hv its pron n cons. I let my hb to decide n he said he prefer plasma as the picture clearliness is better.

hi i vote for LCD. we jus bought a Samsung 40' LCD (4 series) for RM3799. is a promotion price from Sen Heng electrical shop. we save RM 1000 for tis LCD. :P

babysiew...

how's the hitachi one you got? Worth the buy? what's the specs?

was it an LCD or Plasma?

There's a Hitachi sale going on this weekend, planning to check it out.

I've done quite abit of research myself and still cant decide whether LCD or Plasma.

The more I read, the more confused i get.

42' for RM3.9k onli? good deal! got freebies some more .. best!

mine is a 42' plasma hitachi... think u can check out their webbie about it...

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com.my/home/P42A01A.asp

i bought it for rm3.9k... so far, i didnt see anything lower than that price... i got freebies from it too... hdmi cable and comforter...

ya discount of rm1k... which i think quite worth it and they have 10 tv to sell only... if they didnt lie to me, i grabbed the last 2... got it from home dec... paid 10% as deposit...

discount RM1k is a lot .. can use the discount to get something else oh.

I hope Kuching will have such promotion too, still searching and deciding either Plasma or LCD, not too sure about that, have to see our budget then.

ya discount of rm1k... which i think quite worth it and they have 10 tv to sell only... if they didnt lie to me, i grabbed the last 2... got it from home dec... paid 10% as deposit...

hi i vote for LCD. we jus bought a Samsung 40' LCD (4 series) for RM3799. is a promotion price from Sen Heng electrical shop. we save RM 1000 for tis LCD. :P

voted for LCD as well, especially Samsung and Sony. Just booked my 40 inch Samsung Series 5 as well.

how much is that?

voted for LCD as well, especially Samsung and Sony. Just booked my 40 inch Samsung Series 5 as well.

My Fh is eyeing samsung and sony.

I told him you guys already stated Sharp "give birth" to Sony..so the price should be lower..

He just....tak perasan.. "-*

He saw the 32" Sony is for rm2399 i think..Hmm..mayb Sharp will be rm100 less?

I'm eyeing The Ever So Popular "Aquos" (from Sharp...?)

Who can update me the latest price range?

My Fh is eyeing samsung and sony.

I told him you guys already stated Sharp "give birth" to Sony..so the price should be lower..

He just....tak perasan.. "-*

He saw the 32" Sony is for rm2399 i think..Hmm..mayb Sharp will be rm100 less?

I'm eyeing The Ever So Popular "Aquos" (from Sharp...?)

Who can update me the latest price range?

my parents bought a sharp LCD not long ago. all i can tell you is that their sound is pretty lousy. and their colour is not as sharp as Sony's.

2ys,

Thats what Fh told me just now!!!

Ha said the tvs are side by side..and Sony has richer colour.

So...i'm fine with he's choice (he's the electro - pro) ^^

Sometime richer color may not be true color. I normally custom adjust the color setting using DVD Essential tool. Believe me, if you're used to default dynamic color setting on most TV, you think it is too wash out but the skin color would closely match actual. I bought Sharp as I perceive it is the best with Astro. Others might perceived otherwise.