Sign in to follow this  
June

Angpow for Bridemaids/Hengtais/Helpers

Fong,

We gave 2 angpow for each person.

For us, there is the 'cham cha' ang pow which we give to all cousins that is younger and not married. Those married or older no need to give. For each role a person play, we give them one angpow (one person can play multiple role). So, some of our helpers get 2-3 angpows.

Also, normally, the bride's parents will give angpow for the entourage i.e. all the heng dai. Then those ppl that follow the bride to the groom's house (younger and not married), will get angpow from the guy's parents.

Hi,

Could anyone share with me on how much angpow to give to the bridal party (Maid Of Honor, Best Man, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, etc)? Of course, I understand that this is very much dependent on affordability, but would really like to know the current 'average' / 'market' price :D . Thanks a lot!!!

For me, my bridesmaid & Maid of Honor and groomsmen (2 of them) were closest to Hubs and i, so we gave RM150 each. Not sure if it's standard rate, but we gave based on how close we are in friendship/ related.

You can buy them gifts instead of giving ang pow, though most would prefer cash.

I would prefer to buy them gift, something more meaningful.My friend got all her bridesmaid handbags as a gift,I think that is a good idea if budget permits. :D

I would prefer to buy them gift, something more meaningful.My friend got all her bridesmaid handbags as a gift,I think that is a good idea if budget permits. :D

hi chihuahua,

what kind of bridesmaid handbags are you getting? do all ur bridesmaid wearing the same colour of dress?

I still dunno what to get for my bridemaids & hengtais... :S

For me, my bridesmaid & Maid of Honor and groomsmen (2 of them) were closest to Hubs and i, so we gave RM150 each. Not sure if it's standard rate, but we gave based on how close we are in friendship/ related.

You can buy them gifts instead of giving ang pow, though most would prefer cash.

Hi elaineganMACLAINE,

How bout those 'heng dais' and 'ji muis'? How much to give?

For 'ji muis', do I have to give them separate ang pow apart from the angpow given by my hubby requesting them to open the door room?

Kinda blur here...

Hi elaineganMACLAINE,

My AD will be in my hometown and so is the family dinner. I'll be having another dinner in KL which my bridesmaids are going to help out. Should I just give them 1 angpow at the end of all these or 2 angpows at separate occasions?

Any idea what's the recommeded rate? I'm planning to give them gifts as well and a dinner to thank them.

3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen.

Cheers

Hello all,

Just wondering do you all give angpow to the flower girls too? My hotel banquet package also included a Chauffeur-driven Bridal Car with Floral Decorations.. do i need to give the driver angpow too??

Wow I'm so glad someone opened this thread! I have a question.. If my driver for the day is my elder brother do I need to give him angpau? LOL.. the last wedding I attended I didn't get any ang pau and I was a ji mui plus I think the person who received the ang pau from the groom took all the money and didn't divide it to the rest of the ji muis. So basically I am giving my ji muis gift aside from the big ang pau they'll receive from the groom and then ang paus for the younger generation. As for older and not married I don't think we have to give. Then need to give my 'tai kum che' and my cousin who will be opening the car door for us. I think that's about it...

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T

From what i heard, the rule of thumb is to give ang bao to everyone younger than you who is present during the tea ceremony. Just give a small token, say RM10. Anyone who helped in the wedding, say the chauffeur, the boy who open the door, the jiemui and heng tai should all receive a little ang bao from the bridal couple and their parents.

Wow I'm so glad someone opened this thread! I have a question.. If my driver for the day is my elder brother do I need to give him angpau? LOL.. the last wedding I attended I didn't get any ang pau and I was a ji mui plus I think the person who received the ang pau from the groom took all the money and didn't divide it to the rest of the ji muis. So basically I am giving my ji muis gift aside from the big ang pau they'll receive from the groom and then ang paus for the younger generation. As for older and not married I don't think we have to give. Then need to give my 'tai kum che' and my cousin who will be opening the car door for us. I think that's about it...

LavendarBear,

Oh really?? Parents also gotta give?? Hmm.. okok thanks for the info!

Normally those who will be driving will get an ang pao, even if he/she were ur brother/sister. Just to show ur appreciation. They might not take, but it's better to give. My cousin did give his older brother an ang pow for driving the car, and his older brother refused to take. But in the end, the mother insisted him to take. Hehehe. :D

Lol it's weird having to give my older brother ang pow when normally he gives me money hahahaha...

Hi there... Just want to know how much is the heng tai ji mui ang pow to give based on the market now??? Someone told me RM100 for each driver.... And if I got 10 drivers mah pokai liao...!!! :dash2: :dash2: