Sign in to follow this  
June

Angpow for Bridemaids/Hengtais/Helpers

It depends on the person whom you want to give and also how much you already budget.

I've seen the ang pow range from RM10.00 - RM200.00 per ang pow for these type of occasions.

The normal way is to appropriate the ang pows according to the job done.

Even it's to the same person, the number of ang pows given should commenstruate with the number of jobs being done.

The rationale here is, since you are going to give the ang pow anyway, it just so happens that the same person is doing different jobs at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Anyone knows where can I buy nice and cute red ang pow packets specially for weddings? And how much does it cost per piece or per packet?

Syuen,

I know there are some nice red packets sold at the ‘Loh Tim Kee’ (hope it’s correct) at Kotaraya. They have a few sizes from small to HUGE :lol: – with the word ‘Hei’ on it. Prices ranging from RM10 (per packet) onwards (if I’m not wrong).

kit this shop is in JB rite? any shops in KL? you see, i;m working in KL so its' easier for me to get it here.

ah kit thanks so much...i'm staying quite near to puchong....some more pass by puchong everyday on my way back from work. muah muah muah ^_^

kit, whereabout in puchong harr?

cuttiepiggie, i'm also not too sure how much to give. can u imagine, i'll be giving away about 25 angpows??? <_<

sigh bankrupt after kahwin! is giving away RM5 too cheapskate?? should it be more? or RM5 is too much??

Hi, Syuen. Just let u know the add. of Xilinmen:

L-01-06, Block L, Jln. PPK1,

Pusat Perniagaan Kinrara, Tmn. Kinrara,

Seksyen 3, Puchong, Selangor.

Tel: 03-8075 4959

Besides, after browsed through the 'fengshuijiafang' in Johor intro by Kit, i found that they accept the online order too.

Hi, cuttiepig. I think both of bride and bridegroom have to give each to every younger (1 by bride & 1 by groom).

If RM5 in each ang bao, then become RM10 for everyone who received ang bao from us lor ... wahhh.... that's expensive if have many children in the family. Both me and my FH's family got many kids wor .... must bankrupt liao :-(

RM5 would be too much if both also give. both give is derived from hokkien or hakka? i heard some only give one angpow represents both bride and bridegroom.

if both are giving angpows, RM2 each ok?

My mum said RM2 should be enough for those kids or younger people we give during the tea ceremony, since there are many people in both of our family. But anyone have the idea approximately how much to give for the Zhi Mui & Hing Dai's big AngPau? Especially the bridal car's Hing Dai driver?

one more question

does our parent hv to give ang pow to whoever single ppl dat come our hse, meaning zhi mui, heng tai etc..

coz i pernah go a fren's place n i receive ang pow from her mum. but i am not zhi mui wor...i came wif the heng tai..hahahah

Dear all,

how bout ang pow to those 'heng tai' & 'Ji Mui'? usually how much? i'm the first to go among all my friend.

i know heng tai ang pow usually given by my hubby side. n my ji mui's ang pow, am i the one who give? or it's included in the 'open door ang pow'???

really donno :rolleyes:

Joo Joo,

the only time i experienced the real 'AD' is during my bro AD n i became one of his 'heng tai'. i didn't receive any ang pow on that day. :rolleyes:

but i saw my bro 'open door' angpow, included another stack of angpow which was then separtely split between all my sis in law's ji mui. i almost can get one, until one of the ji mui shouted that i'm the 'heng tai'. <_<

actually how is how ar? very confused.

based on my experience during my cousin wedding last yr

the heng tai $$ paid by guy side, including driver

ji mui $$ is the one the heng tai give during the open door..

and the couple wil give ang pow to those not married relatives/ cousins

but no ang pow was given by the gal parents to either ji mui or heng tai

i also thought is this correct as i receive ang pow b4 from a the bride's side, though i follow the heng tai...

sigh..i also confused....

hah! :o very confuse leh.

I thought 1 Big angbao during the gate crashing time share by the ji mui's. Then the groom give also 1 Big ang bao to share among the heng tai.

Then after that is the driver (bridal and the heng tai), the person that open the door (both side), the person who help during the pour tea, the helper, the kids or cousin, the MUA, the PG, the banquet manager.

Please can anyone tell me how to give the Ang Bao thing, I am so confused plus I am going to BROKE after give out the ang bao like that.

Question ah?

Do you gals intend to give AB to:

1. cousin's gf or bf or just the cousin got AB only?