Sign in to follow this  
June

Angpow for Bridemaids/Hengtais/Helpers

i did some 'pat kua' thing wif my sis in law during the weekend.

the big ang pow given my hubby during open door, inclusive for the ji mui too.

my bro gave RM20 ang pow for his heng tai n same to the sis's in law ji mui.

he gave RM50 ang pow to the driver, the one who open the door, n the one who pour tea.

and another Rm300 for the car. He borrow Merc. Benz from my dad's friends. donno y, they said can't use our own. i was thinking to use my dad's car too. but my fh said cannot too. y ar? any pantang to use own car

as for the kids who jump the bed, break the 'red tong', donno how to describe. Rm10. now i really worried my new bed being jumped by those kids.

Luckily i'm from Kedah. most of the relative is either in Ipoh or Kedah. Don't have much cousins or relatives during AD. except for those who came here to drink the tea. hehe.

after the pat kua section, my eye is like HAR?!?!?! :blink: SO MUCH?!?! <_<

JooJoo,

I think is personal preference to the MUA and the banquet manager gua.

Mickey mouse,

Wah :o your brother and sister in law, so RICH one ah..

I also dunno why you cannot use the car leh, is it becoz the number plat not good?

Usually ppl cakap me say why not "wang" the family then the outsider <_< .

kit

Dear kitkioko,

my eye getting bigger n bigger the more my Sis in law told me.

hmm, donno eh. actually i like my dad car plat number too... 3322. n silver benz. nice n easy to decorate. the netting used can match my favourite colour. :P

i asked my hubby too. he also got RM20 ang pow when he became one of his friend heng tai. i was like 'har' again.

then i was thinking to minimise the number of heng tai, n my ji mui too liao. if really RM20 each?!?! :blink:

wah so much ang pow to give. hmmm luckily i don't have any ji muis and my fh has no heng tais, only one best man and that's it.

My mum said RM2 should be enough for those kids or younger people we give during the tea ceremony, since there are many people in both of our family. But anyone have the idea approximately how much to give for the Zhi Mui & Hing Dai's big AngPau? Especially the bridal car's Hing Dai driver?

My budget:

Chee mui & heng tai - budget RM20 each

Bridal car driver - RM60

Bridal car owner - RM200

Car followers (usually hengtai) - RM100 (coz they drive from Ipoh-PJ)

Chee mui angpow - RM188 to be split among themselves

Open car door boy - RM60

Open ceremony the potty - RM20

Others during tea ceremony - RM5

All in all - comign up to RM3k just on angpow leh! :D

this is my estimation..

heng tai - budget RM30 each (chi mui get from open door)

Bridal car driver - RM0 (his bro goin to drive..haha)

Bridal car owner - RM100

Car followers (usually hengtai) - also the heng tai above. each one muz drive one car...to fetch the chi mui over to the groom place later

Chee mui angpow - RM300 to be split among themselves (bout 10 of them..trying to cut down so each person more). some more heng tai very little, scared they kena play kau kau by the chi muis..haha

Open car door boy - RM50 each for groom n bride side

Open ceremony the potty - RM0 - dun hv coz dun follow

Others during tea ceremony - RM5 (i hv over 20 cousins..die). my cousin gave RM5 each from groom & bride..meaning RM10. i dun think i wan to follow.

kit

u mean for the separate ang pow for the cousins?

i dun know bout other ppl custom, but generally for the 1st yr, both groom & bride muz give 2 ang pows for CNY so it applies the same for the AD itself wor.....but i wun b following lor. haha. i can use ur excuse....

hi... my friend is looking for a printer that can print ang pows which she has designed for her wedding la.... anyone know of any such printers?

Need the contact details as soon as possible.

Thanks.

niq

Hi xiao posh... i think that depends from where to where... my fren - from KL to Seremban, she gave RM88 per car...

hi babysiew..

wah wah wah... :o then we'll be pok liao..... but our house distance not far la... by highway ard 20min

Regards

xiaoposh

How much to prepare angpows for the

• Bridesmaid
  • Maid of Honour
  • Driver
  • Open Car Door?

Do you prepare an amount that has meaning like 99, 138, 168, 188, etc? Can you share your experience?

wye_ee,

I'm not sure about the rest, but for me I budgeted to what I can afford only... I don't mind to give like 99 or 138, if I can, but if can't so no choice lorr.. For me I only budgeted very little...

wye_ee,

I'm not sure about the rest, but for me I budgeted to what I can afford only... I don't mind to give like 99 or 138, if I can, but if can't so no choice lorr.. For me I only budgeted very little...

tru..i think..it depends on the budget.

with budget, whats the minimum we should give? :unsure:

for my case, we didn't give ang pow according to those auspicious meaning... it's all depends on our budget. BUT for the open car door ang pow i ask hubby to pack bigger lor.... coz the person that received it is my brother ma... hahaha... :unsure:

don't think there's a minimum that one has to give.. like I mentioned earlier, it all depends on the couple's budget. that said of course you don't expect to give like RM0.10 lah.. heheh... (unless for those really really poor people la)... I think between RM2 - 6 is also ok.. I've received before RM2 and I don't mind... But if you're from a rich family and you give RM2, people will say you're stingy la.. heheh.. but average family i suppose is ok... Don't forget you're not only giving 1 person leh... Afterall, it's only a yee see... Don't think people will really care that much if you give little... If they do, then they money minded lorr.. heheh..

So don't worry too much on that... Just a small matter... :D