Sign in to follow this  
June

Angpow for Bridemaids/Hengtais/Helpers

yeah... was planning to give RM 2 to the kiddies only. but like ji mui's angpow, maid of honour angpow, 'open door' angpow, still not sure how much to give ler...

last time I was given RM50 as a bridesmaid. I don't mind the amount but I want to know what's the standard amount. If not I will use RM50 as a benchmark.

let's see ... i have been bridesmaid twice.

once, about 5 years ago, we didn't get angpau's. just got the "hoi moon lai si" for opening the door.

2nd time, last year, because we helped to decorate the hall and all, besides open door angpau, we got RM10 each. the bride and groom gave out RM10 angpaus to all who helped out that day.

both times, i did not expect to get angpaus. and i even felt, the open door angpau was unnecessary :P

anyway, i am thinking of using this RM10 as benchmark for all my helpers on my AD.

yeah, actually i dont think we should set high amount on this ang pows, is an additional burden to the couple if u pay too much. everyone is happy on your big day, they wont mind on the amount.

but of course not to se too low.

for the kiddie, i also want to give RM2 only. but dunno the kids will mind or not. hahaha :P

for kiddie, i gave only RM 2 angpow. and even it's only RM 2 angpow, i already spent over hundreds on it coz am from a very big family ma... so can't bother much on whether the kiddie will be happy with it or not... :P

so there's no benchmark of min how much should give to the ji mui, driver, maid of honour & "open car door"?

I guess Rm 2? Can option like belanja makan to the helpers.. and also gift when u are back from honeymoon as well... i think close fren and relative won be that calculative. They know u spend a lot.

so there's no benchmark of min how much should give to the ji mui, driver, maid of honour & "open car door"?

hmm..this is my experience.

i have been a ji mui once, i received RM8 as angpow. my SIL gave RM10 to her ji mui. the same as my brother. driver, i think my brother also gave the same. As for 'open car door' there are 2. by custom, when the groom reach the bride's house, angpow is big. when return to groom's house that time, small one will do. my brother gave RM138 for both.

for tea ceremony, i think also RM10.

hope these helps.

spoke to my hubby regards to ang pow on AD..

he said i dont need to prepare any pow, he will prepare..

as for ang pows for ji mui, open car door, helpers n etc.. he said he give one not gals give wor..

after reading wat u guys said.. IM LOST n BLUR de..

HELP!!

me and fh money all campur aduk dy into one account. so everything also from there ler.

Hi all

I realise that no one has ever talked about ang pow boxes.

It's very common in Singapore, but I'm not sure about Malaysia (since i don't hear it from this forum at all).

I'm holding my wedding in KL, and I'm wondering if I should come up with an ang pow box. If not, then how do you keep all the ang pows?

appreciate any comments

At my wedding, the angpows were kept safely by my mom, in her purse, I bought her a good size LV bag just to host the angpows :P

An angpow box is very similar to what the Westerners do, and my initial idea was to use an old wooden birdcage decorated with flowers, but I ran out of time and my mom was worried that the angpows get lost :P

at my frend's wedding, he made the ang pow box using the AA A4 paper box wrapped with gift wrapper.

i will made mine as him. :unsure:

ar?got such box for ang pao one ar?

sorry ler..im lu lu a bit ler...outdated..:P

how i look like wor?

coz normally i saw my frens all either put the ang pao in a beg or else they put on a paper beg ler..

hmm... dont u think angpow box is a bit too eye catching?

strangers know inside the angpow will have a lot $$$$$$$$

frankly I think best not to put ang pow box out coz like what aishi said, too eye catching.. so far of the wedding dinners that I've been to, most of the time they only put in in a very big bag like the shoulder tote bag like that... and the bag they put in on the floor in front of them beneath the table so that it is no so obvious... Better be safe...

in 1 of my friend wedding, we did make an angpow box for him. we place the box just at the back of the reception table... we collect the angpow from the guest and just put it in the box...

I know this is a very bad thing to say, but I would hate to see if someone's wedding got robbed... Has that ever happened before?

I had an angpow box. come to think of it, i dunno where it is now :P

Wedding dinners can be highly targeted by robbers. just gotta take precautions lor. appoint a trusted person to handle the cash, but my advice is not the parents coz they will be marked easily.

i've heard about the robberies, and some are not at the weddings itself, but the houses of the bride/groom/parents becoz the robbers know that the houses are confirmed empty.

nowadays the restaurants/hotels will advise u to pay with the angpows that were collected.

they even prepare u a room to count the angpow money. it's safer that way coz u won't have to carry any cash out of the hotel/restaurant.

hi all!

got a couple of angpau questions:

1) At the bride's house, after tea ceremony, the couple usually gives angpau to the younger kids, correct? Do we give just 1 angpau, or both bride and groom has to give one angpau EACH?

2) If we give angpau to attendees i.e. cousins (not necessarily younger, just not married) and helpers after tea ceremony, what if you want to give bigger angpau to driver, bridesmaid, etc? Do you give a 2nd angpau later?