meiteoh

Which is worse?

Which is worse?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gosh... this is a tricky question I have never thought of. Hahaha. :lol:

I love to cook and I want to cook, but I can't cook well. And now my house condition doesn't allow me to cook. <_<

I'd love to learn cooking from my mom, now i want to learn how to make dumplings (zhong zi) from her.

To me, as long as u willing to learn, there's no woman who can't cook. Can't cook well, yes.

As for men who don't do housework, to me that would be worse. Imagine the wife needs to cook and do housework altogether while the husband isn't helping even a bit....... *Pengsan*

give and take lor.. we had discuss with my gal.. we do alternate days... mon, wed and fri, she cook, i do housework.

then tue, thrus, sat / sun i cook.. then she do hse work.. then the one day elt, we go out adn go shopping and :hung kai kai"... no need to cook as eat out. hehehehe

Just would like to know what people think - yeah, I'm funny in this manner. Always kaypoh! :lol:

Which is worse - a man who can't do housework or a woman who can't cook?

Please explain why...

^.^

Hmm, very hard to choose initially but later on, I chose the first. FH who cannot do housework.

To me, having a family is doing things together, sharing all the burden and joy. Therefore, in this 21st century, wife is no longer the only one who should be doing the housework, of course, it is still women who ensures that the home is cosy and in well-arranged manner, overlooking the fine details.

My FH is not a very tidy person, but he helps when it comes to house chores, like folding the clothes, hanging them, sweeping the room, washing the bathroom, etc.

On the other hand, if a woman cannot cook, the FH can always cook or get a home delivery (last resort - due to the unhealthy ingredients). I am sure the woman herself will try to cook the simplest meal for the sake of her FH and family. Women! So big-hearted! Haha..like me..

Cheers,

Me B)

me sure vote for man who dunno how todo housework!!

if got money, i'm sure both issue also got no problem, since everything can be done by maid,

but for me, nowadays alot of women need to work, clean the house, cook for family & take care baby.

but guys just need to work & expect women to provide equal share of household expenses!

I have been train by mum from very young age, she said a girl need to know how to cook, whether later we need to cook or not, at least we know. tat is how i have been brought up.

But my FH very teruk one, since his mum is full time housewife, so he & his bro so used todo nothing at home!

so tat y he has those old thinking that housework should be done by wife! :angry:

everytime i ask him todo housework, he just simply said he dunno how to do it, so i just simple give excuse i forget to wash his office shirt!! hahaha

I voted for woman who cant cook, simply because I dont do housework. :whistling:

I do enjoy cooking for my wife though. But I hope she would learn to cook as well. :lol:

i picked women who cant cook.

i still believe the way to a mans heart is through his stomach.

if you're talking about cleaning the house then anyone can tell u to hire a maid to do it.

for a homecooked meal, i feel it should be done out of love and care.

a meal made by the maid no matter how well done will lack this.

i just feel its a way for a wife to dote on her hubby after he comes home from work, to have a good healthy meal prepared and shared.

then they can both wash up the plates after, great bonding time. or if u have a loving hubby, he will do the dishes and let u rest since u made such a good meal!

as for guys doing housework its all up to initiative. im the kind that hates to ask for help but still gets upset if its not offered.

hubby learnt long time ago to move his butt before i ask as..when i do ask i dont want the help anymore as its not sincere.

everyone starts from somewhere so house work is no different, just teach them a few times and they'll get the hang of it.

maybe its just a traditional thinking but i feel its more important that a woman should know how to cook compared to a guy learning to clean.

i mean..how long does it take a guy to learn to fold, hang or wash clothes or to vacum n mop the floor compared to learn cooking!!

i think learning to cook takes a longer time and thus should be an important skill to be acquired asap!

not only for woman in general but even guys should know how to cook. even maggie mee or fry an egg or cook rice.

its like learning to swim, i think every child should be taught how to swim as its a basic survival skill.

u're faced with water every single day and for a person to drown because he/she doesnt know how to swim

seems like a lame excuse and a waste of your life when it could have been so easily saved.

i think there is less judging if a couple share the housework if both are woking.

this way there is no arguements about who has it harder as both are working just as hard and sharing the load.

compared to the usual hubby work. wife clean n cook. hubby comes home n says he work whole day tired. wife should be more caring.

then wife says she doing housework whole day also super tired. hubby should let her rest n relax a bit.

there will always be a certain degree of needless comparision...how do u judge when both works are so different?

I vote for a man who can't do housework. Both of us seldom do housework & cooking b4. Just think that both o us have to share all the housework after marriage. No like old time ma. Because most of the couples have their own work & have to share all the household’s expense nowadays.

In reality, m can cook but no good as my FH. Currently FMIL cook for us everyday because FH’s family would like to have their dinner together everyday because this is the time they can spend their time together. m just help to clean & wash even my FMIL no allow me to do so.

mmm kinda hard to choose =P

HB can cook but housework just so so, whereby I can do housework, cooking just so so but I'm not a fussy person, simple dish is enuf for me.

For what I feel, if your HB can cook then as a wife should be able to do housework, or vice versa, it is to balance up the responsiblity. =)

I vote for a man who cant do housework. and Im a bad cook. but at least it still edible. :smile:

Women nowadays oso go out for work to help support family financial, n life is more secure for working women. And if they can go back on time, tat would be good but some has to stay back till late nite for work. Like me, I go out to work around 7am and came back home around 8pm the average time, and my workplace is around 30 to 1 hr drive depends on the traffic. So its important tat my husband can do housework (Yeah, he can, and he's a good cook too. :cool: ). After our bb is born, i have to rely on him to take care of our child (after my mat. leave end) as his work time is more flexible than mine. We live with a few single men oso. And a few of them I see, cant do housework, and maybe hope their gf will do for them. I dont blame them if they cant. Its the man mindset tat Its-a-women-work-and-not-men attitude. but Im sorry to say this >.< if the man cant do housework he must make sure tat he's financially stable so tat when married tat time, they are able to hire a maid to take care of the house. If not one of them should sacrifice which one stays at home, and which bring food on the table. I know some couples who the husband hope for the wife to prepare food on the table, eventhough the wife is working. If she works until late nite, tat means family wont have dinner till the wife return home. If me, I cant live like tat >.<, I dont want my children to starve just coz momma haven't come home yet. C'mon men out there, women has now changed from being a housewife to working moms... and now men should oso do the same. Its called equality haha :lol:

even though i am a man, i still think that a man who can't do housework is worse.

sorry guys...

I also voted for a man who cant do housework is worse. It's becoz i can stil cook a few simple dishes and im interested in cooking and it needed skills as well in order to be eatable. For my hb, well, he can help me to boil water and cut vege's but cooking, is better to leave it to me. For hsework, it doesnt require skills, which means if is to sweep the floor, u juz hold the broom stick and sweep. I have a gal fren who simply says dunno for almost everything, which stimes makes her looks like a bimbo. I mean like washing dishes and mopping the floor is sthing which once u c, u will automaticalli knw how to do it. Doesnt require skills. My MIL once told me dat i shud do all e hsechores coz hb works hard outside and he is too tired to help me out. Im also working but i wun get tired doing hsechores? But hb is understanding, he did helped me out with the laundry and cleaning of the hse. Like yesterday i was realli too tired to even move an inch but i stil have a few working attire to iron so hb helped me to iron while i slp. But dis morning wen i checked the clothes, its not properli iron, so i had to do it iron it again 2nite but i appreciate his help coz he was being so considerate. Everything has its 1st time. Practice makes perfect, yea.

If you're super rich, both don't matter.

If you've just enough to get by, both are equally bad because circirmstances at one time or another may crop up to require a woman to cook or a man to do housework.

Anyway, no one can say that he or she can never learn to cook or do housework. Any fool can learn to do those things. It's just that when a person finds he or she can get by well enough without needing to know how to cook or do housework, they would just let it be. After all, they don't see the exigency for the time being and they can easily get to learn those tasks when situation requires.

Once upon a time, my daughter called me from her college hostel asking me how to boil-cook a chicken egg. I nearly dropped dead laughing. Today, the laksa that she prepares is just as good as the best one I can find in town. So, as I said, it's a matter of learning. No big deal, okay?

I voted for a woman who can;t cook.

But, I think both the cases are worse. Previously women are not working so they have to manage the whole house including cooking but now a days both man and woman are working, so they both need to learn all house keeping things so that they can share their works. As, if woman is cooking then man must do some housework.

I think I'm old-fashioned in the sense that I can't really put up with the fact that a man can't do housework (coz he doesn't know how to, etc) but if a woman were to come up to me and tells me that she doesn't know how to cook, doesn't want to learn and doesn't want to cook even if she can cook, I just want strangle her for shaming all women!