Sign in to follow this  
janicelly

How Often Do We Need To Change Milk Bottles/Teats?

not really sure what u mean by change? is it change size?

anyway, normally just wash & sterilize after each usage.

if change size, change according to bb's age or growth. if they can suck larger quantity of milk then change to bigger teat. alternatively, poke a few extra holes in the teat so the milk can flow faster.

if bb drinks more, then upgrade to bigger milk bottle size. hope that helps.

Wonder how often do we need to change baby's milk bottles & teats?

Appreciate feedbacks.

Thanks!

I change my baby's teats every 3 months and milk bottles every 6 months. I threw the old ones away. Teats and bottles get worn down too, even if your baby has not outgrown them.

I have 4 bottles for feeding, 1 for water and another sipping cup and I change them every 6 months as well. Teats every 4 months

happi,

sorry i was not detail enough my question. what i mean is the time frame we can use bottles & teats. cos some say if it's not damaged can continue to use, some say better change every 6 months like what peipei & mummyally say.

peipei & mummyally,

does that means even if the bottle looks ok physically, you will still change every 6 months? this apply to teats too (i mean change every 3/4 months)?

janicelly

Yes even tho the bottles looks ok on the outside I still change them every 6 months and every 4 months for the teats n pacifiers

like tat a bit waste lei... but i guess, i will chg his bottle every 6 mths..& teat every 3-4 mths la... actually, bb will need a teat tat has better flow when they r older..so, once every 3-4 mths, get them a new teat with better flow will do la....

janicelly, its ok. yes, teats definitely change more often. i used rubber teats, so its quite obvious when it has "aged". the color & elasticity will be different. so even if less than 3 mths, just change (good thing rubber teats are cheap!). if not, then every 3 mths will change - coz use different size also.

1 bottle separate only for water - this is small bottle coz need to change the water frequently.

i used glass bottles for milk so there wasn't any worn-out look. just need to sterilize after each use.

had plastic bottles for water & a few big ones for milk - didn't change those coz hardly use & still look brand new.

happi,

sorry i was not detail enough my question. what i mean is the time frame we can use bottles & teats. cos some say if it's not damaged can continue to use, some say better change every 6 months like what peipei & mummyally say.

peipei & mummyally,

does that means even if the bottle looks ok physically, you will still change every 6 months? this apply to teats too (i mean change every 3/4 months)?

I change my baby's teats every 3 months and milk bottles every 6 months. I threw the old ones away. Teats and bottles get worn down too, even if your baby has not outgrown them.

Yes i heard about this too,

especially when u always sterilise it~ :)

imagine the bottle always under high temperature~

recommend changing the teats after 3 months use, for hygiene reasons. Always inspect the teats before use and throw away if damaged.

as for bottles..i m not sure.

oic. the problem is i have 2 bottles at nanny there which are on heavy duty usage. maybe i will ask nanny on the condition of the bottles & teats. thanks for the feedback.

joyce,

for us breastfeeding mommies, it's best if we stick to newborn teats for as long as we can so that baby wont get use to the "faster" flow of later stage nipples cos scared they will "protest" our slower flow boob. i think this dont apply to everyone la but i am scared lo. will try to stick to newborn teats as long as i can (this is what i read from breastfeeding info la)

my son is now 18th month, i never change his Avent bottles, i find it a bit waste lah. i dont find it necessary lah

but i change the teats quite frequent.