aishiteru

Healthy Recipe

Hey ladies,

any healthy recipe to share with me?

I love cooking and baking but those things I cook is not healthy if eat too often.

So now I'm opt to healthy recipe...

Pls share with me if you have anything that is interesting

Urm...you could try baking, grilling and steaming more. Preparation is also important for low fat diet - removing chicken skin and fats from meats help. If you want to get mince meat, it's better to buy lean meat and then ask the butcher to mince it for you (my mum always does it at the wet market we go to). Change your oil to oils with lower bad fat - canola is good...olive is also fantastic.

You could also change some of your ingredients - for eg, if you like rice, opt for brown rice instead (it's healthier and more filling), if you like pasta, change to pasta with spinach or whole wheat pasta for the same reasons. When buying things like milk, cheese and yoghurt, opt for skim or low fat versions. You can add more vegetables into every dish, even as a garnish. It's not really low fat or low carb but it'll make your dish look more appetizing, is more well-balanced and you can cut back on the meat and still have lots to serve up.

As for sauces and salads, well, opt to go sauce-less because when people eat salads, they don't realize that most of their calories come from sauces like thousand island and etc. Fresh fruits and veg should be eaten as is. :)

The most important thing is PORTION. A lot of the time, people overeat. You don't need a lot to feel full - the size of your fist is good enough. So when serving your food, opt to serve in smaller portions and to trick your guests into thinking that it's a lot of food, change your plate size to a smaller one. :)

Hai, i like fried things also but eat more really no good. my friend teach me to fry chicken without oil.

Hi Ms Chan,

Are u kidding? Fried chicken without oil? So special? Can teach me or not? I like to eat fried chicken but always get sore throat after eating fried chicken. Doctor said is because of the oil we use to fried things.

Thank you first ah...

Hi All,

I would like to share a 3 days diet plan, it requires u to eat extremely less therefore u cant continue the plan for more than 3 days it will harm ur health. It can lose up to 10lbs for 2 days, but i cant i just managed to lose 4lbs only :angry: (for last mth) today is my 3rd day diet will know the result tomoro... hope better this round :D

Plan as following:

Day 1

Breakfast : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + 1 Toast + ½ spoon Peanut Butter + ½ Grapefruit

Lunch : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + ½ can of Tuna in water in can

Dinner : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + few slides of Beet Root + 2 slices Ham + small cup of Long Bean + 1 Red Apple + ½ cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Day 2

Breakfast : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + 1 Toast + 1 Boiled Egg + ½ Banana

Lunch : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + 1 cup of Yogurt + 3 pcs Ritz Biscuit

Dinner : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + few slides of Beet Root + 2 pcs Hot Dog + small cup of Broccoli + ½ Banana + ½ cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Day 3

Breakfast : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + 2 pcs Ritz Biscuit + 1 slice Cheddar Cheese (low fat)

Lunch : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + 1 Toast + 1 Boiled Egg

Dinner : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + ½ can of Tuna in water in can + ½ Grapefruit + ½ cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

U may refer from this wedsite also >> http://www.thedietchannel.com/3-day-diet.htm

Happy dieting to all BTB :lol:

Hi All,

I would like to share a 3 days diet plan, it requires u to eat extremely less therefore u cant continue the plan for more than 3 days it will harm ur health. It can lose up to 10lbs for 2 days, but i cant i just managed to lose 4lbs only :angry: (for last mth) today is my 3rd day diet will know the result tomoro... hope better this round :D

Plan as following:

Day 1

Breakfast : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + 1 Toast + ½ spoon Peanut Butter + ½ Grapefruit

Dinner : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + few slides of Beet Root + 2 slices Ham + small cup of Long Bean + 1 Red Apple + ½ cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Day 2

Dinner : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + few slides of Beet Root + 2 pcs Hot Dog + small cup of Broccoli + ½ Banana + ½ cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Day 3

Breakfast : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + 2 pcs Ritz Biscuit + 1 slice Cheddar Cheese (low fat)

Dinner : 1 cup of Tea / Black Coffee + ½ can of Tuna in water in can + ½ Grapefruit + ½ cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

U may refer from this wedsite also >> http://www.thedietchannel.com/3-day-diet.htm

Not bad, except i would prefer not to have caffein drinks and so much processed food like hot dog & ham. Ice cream every night? Once a week would be a better thing to do.

Try to eat things as raw as possible, like fruits & nuts & seeds. Veg, boiled or steamed best. Meat to be grilled or steamed. Sauce-less may not be acceptable to some (too dry) so go for healthy oil like olive or virgin coconut oil.

If wanna diet or slim, aim for 16Xbody weight in pounds per day.

Eg: If you weigh 90lbs, try to have only 1440 intake per day.

I just bought a Sharp water oven called Healsio.....only available through Amway but it's made in Japan....hubby experimenting with it and yes....it can fry chicken without oil!!! Pretty amazing....can grill, fry, roast, bake, steam, defrost....I cannot think of anything it can't do! It uses superheated steam to cook....but also has a convection feature for baking cookies. My sister made a marble butter cake the other day with it.....I have also seen demos making 'siew yok' or roast pork....the oven is big enough to fit a medium sized turkey. Among other features are low fat, low salt cooking.....as well as retaining the nutrients. Excellent for the health conscious....especially after my mom's cancer scare. We have been advised by a doctor who is also the President of Complementary Medicine Association of Malaysia (or something to that effect) to avoid microwave ovens. So....not just the type of food that we eat...the method of cooking is also very important...umm....that is what we are discussing anyway right? Haha.

I just bought a Sharp water oven called Healsio.....only available through Amway but it's made in Japan....hubby experimenting with it and yes....it can fry chicken without oil!!! Pretty amazing....can grill, fry, roast, bake, steam, defrost....I cannot think of anything it can't do! It uses superheated steam to cook....but also has a convection feature for baking cookies. My sister made a marble butter cake the other day with it.....I have also seen demos making 'siew yok' or roast pork....the oven is big enough to fit a medium sized turkey. Among other features are low fat, low salt cooking.....as well as retaining the nutrients. Excellent for the health conscious....especially after my mom's cancer scare. We have been advised by a doctor who is also the President of Complementary Medicine Association of Malaysia (or something to that effect) to avoid microwave ovens. So....not just the type of food that we eat...the method of cooking is also very important...umm....that is what we are discussing anyway right? Haha.

Ms. Lim agreed with your statement...should avoid microwave ovens.

wsyrinrin, after the 3 days diet plan, will lost weigth... shall continue the diet plan? if stop, will gain back again?

berrymelon,

After the 3 days diet plan, u will not able to eat like b4. Watever intake will be less. So, most probably u can maintain the weight. Unless u eat a lot, then hard to say loh.

I tried this diet b4. I din lose any weight but I lost in inches and I started to eat less. Till now... I'm slimmer. I didn't really go for any diet but I tried to eat less esp at night and also I avoid taking fast food.

Hai, i like fried things also but eat more really no good. my friend teach me to fry chicken without oil.

Hi Ms Chan,

Are u kidding? Fried chicken without oil? So special? Can teach me or not? I like to eat fried chicken but always get sore throat after eating fried chicken. Doctor said is because of the oil we use to fried things.

Thank you first ah...

Hi, It is true. Have seen the demo on how to do fried chicken without oil buy using Sharp Healsio Water Oven. It is really healthy. Also, french fries without oil. I am addicted to it! Have registered to attend the cooking classes mainly to learn on healthy cooking. Ooh! I love food sooooooooooo much! :lol:

hi wsyrinrin,

I dun drink Tea or Black Coffee or any Coffee... what shld I replace with??

Thanks for sharing :)

Hi All,

Plan as following:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Baked French Bread, errr, quite healthy but damn tasty :lol:

Ingredients:

French Bread

Cucumber

Carrot

Ham

Cheddar Cheese

breakfast04.jpg

For step by step instructions, can view the post at http://ezymeal.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=288

If you can't read Mandarin, from the photos also you can guess. Very easy. Bake for 5 minutes at 150 Celcius (enough for the cheese to melt) and not overdone (over toasted) so that it's healthy :D

hi all,

Lim007, I have try this b4 , result ok lah. but very "mah fan" better have one more partner to do it together, to share share the other half of grape fruits / ice cream

Not sure if this counts as a healthy recipe, but here goes.

Salmon steak topped with garlic citrus sauce, and stir fried mushroom.

Full recipe here -> http://mayscloset.wordpress.com/2008/06/24...filled-weekend/

2603524430_6016bbb2f7.jpg">

Hi May, wah lau ........u cook kah..........looks very nice hoh :o ..............oh no! no! no!..........I cant take it I want to diet ....I want slim down.

Hi Ms Chan,

Thank you first ah...

Hi, It is true. Have seen the demo on how to do fried chicken without oil buy using Sharp Healsio Water Oven. It is really healthy. Also, french fries without oil. I am addicted to it! Have registered to attend the cooking classes mainly to learn on healthy cooking. Ooh! I love food sooooooooooo much! :lol:

Can tell me the price?

Wah lau ah...................u all very "geng" woh.......realy like old ppl say......."yap tak chui fong (can go in to kitchen), chue tak tei tong (can go out at hall) , tai chang (bed) ???.....