Bobbleant

Padeatrician / Children Doctor

Hi,

Would like to ask around any recommendation of good Padeatrician / Children Doctor?

It is generally recommended to visit one from the Hospital or private practised clinic is ok also?

Appreciate you can share some of your experiences

Bobble

Hi,

Would like to ask around any recommendation of good Padeatrician / Children Doctor?

It is generally recommended to visit one from the Hospital or private practised clinic is ok also?

Appreciate you can share some of your experiences

Bobble

Bobble,

Where do you stay? I bring my son to see Paed at Taipan - Dr. Liew (Tel: 03-8024 3333). He's very good..likes kid..but a bit pricy

Hi Sherreen,

I am staying in Kepong but am now attached to a gynae in Sunway Medical. I am just thinking should i continue to see a Pediatrician from Sunway Medical also after the baby is borned..

Also, thanks for sharing the info about Dr. Liew, will keep this info.

:)

Hi,

I would like to recommend Dr Chin from Pantai Bangsar Medical Centre.

His is a nice old man with many experience with Pantai Bangsar.

Tel: 03-2282 2657

Regards,

Celine

Hi Sherreen,

I am staying in Kepong but am now attached to a gynae in Sunway Medical. I am just thinking should i continue to see a Pediatrician from Sunway Medical also after the baby is borned..

Also, thanks for sharing the info about Dr. Liew, will keep this info.

:)

Hi Bobbleant,

I'm staying at kepong too, and i also delivered at Sunway Medical. But i changed my baby pediatrician to 1 of the childcare clinic nearby my house after my baby fullmoon. The clinic is located at Aman Puri,Kepong name Kinik Pakar Kanak Kanak Dr.Chin. The doc is around 30 yr plus, very frenly and informative. Sometimes i do called the clinic up to ask questions regarding baby. However there is 1 thing not so good..thats is the clinic always full booking. So you will need to called in advance to get a booking number before you go to the clinic to avoid waiting too long.

The fee is very reasonable, is cheaper than private hospital abit.

Let me know if you need more info.

Hi Bobbleant,

I'm staying at kepong too, and i also delivered at Sunway Medical. But i changed my baby pediatrician to 1 of the childcare clinic nearby my house after my baby fullmoon. The clinic is located at Aman Puri,Kepong name Kinik Pakar Kanak Kanak Dr.Chin. The doc is around 30 yr plus, very frenly and informative. Sometimes i do called the clinic up to ask questions regarding baby. However there is 1 thing not so good..thats is the clinic always full booking. So you will need to called in advance to get a booking number before you go to the clinic to avoid waiting too long.

Hi Polarsam,

Thanks for the the info. Good to know there is good doctor and clinic nearby. Can you PM me the clinic contact number?

Do we have to see a pediatrician in the Hospital first for the few weeks or few months, before change to childcare clinic? I mean for like injections and checkup.. or clinic also provide this services?

Bobble

Hi,

I would like to recommend Dr Chin from Pantai Bangsar Medical Centre.

His is a nice old man with many experience with Pantai Bangsar.

Tel: 03-2282 2657

Regards,

Celine

Hi Celine,

Thanks for info. Bangsar would be nearer than Sunway for me also.

Mind to share a bit how is the charges for Pantai Medical?

Bobble

I delivered at Sunway and I stuck to the paediatrician there from the first day till now. His name is Dr. Tan Teong Yong and I know some mommies here dont like him cos they said he's very lcly. But so far he was very good and friendly, and he took time to explain things to me in details.

Hi Bobbleant,

Hi Polarsam,

Thanks for the the info. Good to know there is good doctor and clinic nearby. Can you PM me the clinic contact number?

Do we have to see a pediatrician in the Hospital first for the few weeks or few months, before change to childcare clinic? I mean for like injections and checkup.. or clinic also provide this services?

Bobble

hi Bobble,

the clinic phone number is 62743922. Business hour is 9am-1pm, 6.30pm-10.00pm (monday - friday) saturday until 1pm only.

Hmm i just change my baby doc after he discharge from hospital. Coz your baby will only need to return for injection after 1 month. So straight away after 1 month i bring my baby to another doctor.

Hope this info help.

Hi all.. sorry for not been visitng for a while, just delivered my baby girl in july & just past full moon :)

I delivered at Sunway and I stuck to the paediatrician there from the first day till now. His name is Dr. Tan Teong Yong and I know some mommies here dont like him cos they said he's very lcly. But so far he was very good and friendly, and he took time to explain things to me in details.

PeiPei, we are also given Dr Tan Teong Yong, had only visited him once so far, can't say much yet... but i think his nurses are kind of 'cold'..

Polarsam, thanks for the contact & details, will checkout the clinic. It always good to know of a clinic nearby in case of emergency..

i live in selayang, here have a children doctor, Klinik Kanak-Kanak Chan. Famous also in children padeatrician. notice that, even ppl form oversea & outstation also came to here. He got one cream very famous.if your child have any allergy on skin or red spot will help alot.

hi, anyone know other doc beside the kepong one. im staying in Jln Kuching. survey the doc around in case of emergency

fernfan,

could you provide the address and contact number of the klinik chan. is saturday opened?

saturday open until 3pm, pls call before go for appointment sometime need wait very very long Q. 03-61362237

Hi Shyan,

You can try Klinik Kanak-Kanak Cheng (03-7880 8711) (same row with Kelana Jaya Medical Center) OR Klink Kanak-Kanak Kwan (03-7729 2630) (near Atria Shopping Complex at Damansara Jaya).

Hope these info helps.

Hi Shyan,

You can try Klinik Kanak-Kanak Cheng (03-7880 8711) (same row with Kelana Jaya Medical Center) OR Klink Kanak-Kanak Kwan (03-7729 2630) (near Atria Shopping Complex at Damansara Jaya).

Hope these info helps.

Hi Janicelly,

I always see the Klinik Kanak Kanak Cheng to be quite crowded. Is it good?

Am staying around that area and will be relieved if can find a good paediatrician nearby.

Thanks.

My paed is same as Sherreen, Dr Liew at USJ...agree that his consultation is pricey, charging the same price as my Sunway medical paed, Dr Rosalie Yip...I'm staying in Kota Kemuning area, there is one paed there, Dr Low is good too, charges is lower than both of them, but her office hr is 8.30am-12pm, 6-8pm....so i hv 3 paeds as standby, just in case i need them at different time.

My paed is same as Sherreen, Dr Liew at USJ...agree that his consultation is pricey, charging the same price as my Sunway medical paed, Dr Rosalie Yip...I'm staying in Kota Kemuning area, there is one paed there, Dr Low is good too, charges is lower than both of them, but her office hr is 8.30am-12pm, 6-8pm....so i hv 3 paeds as standby, just in case i need them at different time.

Hi Mimossa,

May I know what is Dr Liew consultation fee charges? Currently my baby's paed is Dr Lim from Sunway Medical but I need another one for standby as SunMed consultation time is not flexible. Dr Lim consultation fee is RM60.

Thanks in advance.

;)

Mimossa, im also fr Kota Kemuning and visited Dr.Low :) She is very kind and willing to answer every of our question patiently. The 1st time i visited her was when bb on his 2mths plus, breathing with sound.. She check quite detail and finally din found anything. We took the Rota Virus and Pneumococcal fr there and she juz charge us the jab fee, no consultation fee also :P

2nd time we went was the rashes on his face.. she even gave some soap,fragrance & colour free's lotion (sample) for us to try .. and also one soft book :P Oni prob is her consultation time lor

alyceyong: Dr Liew is charging the same, RM60

juicehoney : my baby had all his first 6mths compulsory jabs + rota + pneumococal there....but how come i got no free soft book? :sad:

yalor, there was one time my baby had high fever and we only know Dr Low, we have to wait anxiously till 6pm for her clinic. to open...so lesson learned, is better to hv more than 1 paed....Dr Liew open from 8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm....fyi, just in case as USJ is quite near to us... :wink:

opps, sorry mimosa, actually we neva expected tat also, when i asked her how far my bb can see how, she answer far, within a room space can see, then she teringat she got tat soft book with red/white/ black colour and took out one for us lor, its free gift from Wyeth ma.. Now i give my boy to play with it when he is awake and siting in his baby carrier in car.. he enjoy playing with tat :)