Hi Anyone?

My baby started crawling last week, non stop! but he doesn't know how to use his leg to push his body forward,

he just use his hand to drag his whole body to the front, and sometimes scratch the floor and all his nails are abit broken n so ugly

anyone experience this before? should i not let him crawl first?

Hi,

My Boy is 5.5mo now. I noticed he has started to learn crawling, from his many attempts to push his body to the front using his the strength of both arms, not knowing yet using his both legs.. i guess eventually he will progress to wht your BB is practicing now...

hmm.. just to share from a book i read on BB's Brain Potential

".....the simple and long-known basic activities of normal

children, such as crawling and creeping, are of the greatest possible

importance to the brain. We learned that if such activities are denied

to normal children,... the potential of these children is severely

limited. ....".

So, let your BB creep & crawl as much as possible.

sigh...i hav worries now, caz i noticed my BB sitter wud just put my BOY on walker or into the BB Cot (like the other 2 yo boy she's currently take care) all day...which is ...BAD! & SAD!

Hey, I observed this from my bb every time after she turns over, she will raise her buttock and use both legs to push. I assume she wants to move forward. She is not using her arms to move her body yet cause her legs are stronger.

Is this the 1st sign of crawling?

hey burgundywine, my boy oso raises his butt .. :D .. n he got frustrated tht he failed to move fwd... hahaha

My boy always raises his butt, but not when he is crawling.. hehe~he tried to use his leg to help in moving forward also.. but i can see his hand got more strength ~

i believe different baby have different development timings...

but just to share my experience.. my little one started turning abt 6mo plus, and at 8mo now, he still doesnt crawl yet...

yes, diff bb diff development,my BIL's youngest daughter is 14mths now, oso doesn't know how to crawl,creeping with using hand to darg,his 2 daugther very diff with other bb, thier body very soft,(like boneless, sorry)his 1st gal even cnt move/lift her head when she was 4mths old,(seem like too heavy)when bb 3/4mths old,they a'd know how to turn their head or turn thier body, but his 2 gals no!if u let her lie down they just quite n still there (without any moving).when u called them they turned head very slow,so suffer!

Q, has Sanju started lifting his bum up? That's a sign they'll start crawling soon :)

lifting his bum while on his back?

he does that when he is in his rocker...

today morning at babysitter's he turned himself over and was like "swimming" backwards.. is that a sign too?

No, lifting his bum while he is on his tummy :D yeah, him doing the swimming motion also shows he is preparing himself to crawl.

Sanju is a lil pampered since 3 weeks ago... while being at my parents house for a week and after that my mom was here to take care of him, 1 week again, so he got luxury treatments always being carried, so recently he does not want to be left on his own, thats why he is missing the chances of getting into crawling mood. Plus after he turns over on his tummy, he will lift his head up and get tired after 5 seconds, so he will bring his head down. I also just got him a walker to encourage him to play on his own, and make more use of his legs... hahaha such a lazy kid i have!

Also it seems that my hubby only used to sit, and after that went on walking, so i suspect sanju might be following his suit.. LOL

I think a lot of babies start to crawl via the leapfrog method - bum up and then use more legs to propel themselves forward. It's actually quite normal. You can encourage them or help them by assisting them when they do want to crawl or providing added motivation to crawl (put favourite toys slightly out of reach when they are on their tummies, etc). :)

But yes, some babies skip the crawling stage and go straight to walking. No biggies.

My gal sleep on stomach so whn she is awake she will lift her but and both hands try to grab on the mattress sheet and try to push forward but to no avail. SHe is just 4 mths plus and does bb at her age start try to crawl? Whn she on her back she duno how to flip herselft her but oni turn side way aka sleep side way pose oni.

oXuRp8.png

No, lifting his bum while he is on his tummy :D yeah, him doing the swimming motion also shows he is preparing himself to crawl.

qarezma,

i feel if you leave Sanju on his tummy more often he will eventually learn to crawl. Prior to coming back to KL, I used to only let Chloe play on her tummy in the mornings before breakfast and that time I never leave her on the tiles only on her playmat in her room. SHe was already turning 360 degrees and moving a little backwards. When I got back to KL and left her on the floor more often she learned to crawl the leapfrog way in 2 weeks and in 1 week she mastered sitting up. Now she moves so fast that we're so afraid that she'll get hurt someway or another. But that's life. They don't get hurt they won't learn lol.. she bumped her head on a few things a couple of times already coz buta buta crawl only.. don't know what's in front hahaha

qarezma,

i feel if you leave Sanju on his tummy more often he will eventually learn to crawl. Prior to coming back to KL, I used to only let Chloe play on her tummy in the mornings before breakfast and that time I never leave her on the tiles only on her playmat in her room. SHe was already turning 360 degrees and moving a little backwards. When I got back to KL and left her on the floor more often she learned to crawl the leapfrog way in 2 weeks and in 1 week she mastered sitting up. Now she moves so fast that we're so afraid that she'll get hurt someway or another. But that's life. They don't get hurt they won't learn lol.. she bumped her head on a few things a couple of times already coz buta buta crawl only.. don't know what's in front hahaha

cool... he does turn over more often these days, even during bedtime he'd insist on making a few turnovers to show off, i hope his legs get into action soon too.

Sanju is such a cry-baby, a little hit on my face or anywhere, he starts crying as if it was so hard...! :wacko3:

ya, so manja.. mine oso le. even fall on the playmat she cried like mad.. beh tahan...

but with me, she cried a while coz i ignore her.. haha

but when her daddy & grandparents around, cried even louder..

Q, does Sanju roll onto his tummy from when he's on his back ?

Alamak...if get "luxury" treatment baby can become a bit manja ka?

I am going back to inlaw's place soon...I know they will carry baby non stop...how la to not let them do that? Not nice kan?

My baby is quite independant now...can play by herself and all...and not needing to be carried most of the time...I have a nice balance of cuddle time and me time. I hope she wont suddenly change la after 2 weeks at inlaws

qarezma,

cool... he does turn over more often these days, even during bedtime he'd insist on making a few turnovers to show off, i hope his legs get into action soon too.

Sanju is such a cry-baby, a little hit on my face or anywhere, he starts crying as if it was so hard...! :wacko3:

Same with Chloe hahaha but not as much as banging on the head la coz when she sayang us also she bang her forehead on our face or head. But for me if it's not a very hard surface I'll just say it's ok no blood no need to cry.. then ignore her then she'll stop. But if hard surface like the table then I'll carry her coz she will cry until no voice come out and whole face red.