hi, girsl, let's share our knowlegde abt BN here....planning to get BN, there's 2 diff seller trying to sell me BN now..one sd the white one better, the other one sd those yellow white BN better...so, which one better??

fa yin, is it those tat has yellow color stripe one ah? then then white one not good meh? was looking for info fr the net, can only find those info abt white BN..

makeupjunk,

Understand fr elderly,

Fa yin (金丝燕) ?- with yellow colour stripe ( with 蛋白质) is gd for children & youngster.

White - is original

Red BN - is for those weak but is very exp and it's not easy to get genuine.

I took fa yin more. my sis fren's hubby is wholeseller for BN sarawak.He supply to lo hong ka last time and now have own brand.It's cheaper & genuine if buy outside coz we dunno how to differenciate it.

hi, i heard this from a friend in s'wak. it seems birds nest soup will make the skin fairer & smoother. however, got side effect that the skin will be sensitive to sunlight. not sure how true.

Personally, from what I know and based on what my mum gets, she always gets BN called "blood BN" (huet yin) - they are the red ones. Supposedly to be very good for circulation and overall health. They are very expensive though.

Both mum and I take bird nest regularly; my mum has had many people comment on how great her skin looks for someone who is 60 (she is fair and her skin is super tight - cannot pinch her cheeks oso!). Both of us tan easily but we don't burn - so not sensitive to sunlight.

The key with BN is to a find a trustworthy supplier/store and stick to it.

Huet Yin most expensive...

Kam Yin is 2nd...

Fa Yin is a mixture of Kam Yin and white colour birdnest...

I always get my Kam Yin from my fren... He sells to me one box rm180 which contains 8 pcs... Once u rendam, the whole birdnest kembang until so big and one pc is enuff for 1 person... My MIL who always take birdnest is very impressed with the birdnest, she likes it a lot and asks me to restock for her... the same goes with my mum...

For my pregnancy, I have stock up 4 boxes of the same birdnest... but now the price increased liao... I got special price from my fren becos i always pong chan him haha... :)

Huet Yin most expensive...

Kam Yin is 2nd...

Fa Yin is a mixture of Kam Yin and white colour birdnest...

I always get my Kam Yin from my fren... He sells to me one box rm180 which contains 8 pcs... Once u rendam, the whole birdnest kembang until so big and one pc is enuff for 1 person... My MIL who always take birdnest is very impressed with the birdnest, she likes it a lot and asks me to restock for her... the same goes with my mum...

For my pregnancy, I have stock up 4 boxes of the same birdnest... but now the price increased liao... I got special price from my fren becos i always pong chan him haha... :)

From what i heard is that Huet Yin has the most nutricious and most expensive one. Fa Yin is more reasonable but not as good as Huet Yin. But, if u eaten Huet Yin, u no longer want to eat the lower grade. Is that right?

For me, i started with something with some yellow stripes, i suppose tat is fa yin kua. But after i soak it, it doesn't "kembang" very big wor, just a little bit bigger, y?

Where is ur BN from? Seems that u r getting at a good price le.

Btw, how often do we need to eat to hv a good result for our complexion?

I heard from radio, tv and read b4 that 'suet yi' has the same nutrition as bird nest. After i heard that, i drink 'suet yi tong shui' most of the time. I'll put 'suet yi' into every thong shui i make... hehehehe, bird nest is expensive ma :P

If i am not mistaken Kam Yin is the second expensive one... Huet Yin, I cannot afford to buy as its more than double the price of Kam Yin and for pregnancy purpose, I have to take it once a week when I reach a certain month... mum will cook it with honeydew once a week and then must take for at least 5-7 weeks consecutively... said to prevent jaundice... then subsequently its normal with rock sugar or ginkgo and stuff like that...

Er I am not sure why ur Fa Yin doesnt kembang ler... maybe u have to soak longer... maybe overnite... thats wat my MIL and mum did...

Actually different bird nest got different mineral value. This is depends on diet of bird took.

my FPIL is doing in this business. they told me b4, dun buy those very white bird nest because that one is bleach b4.

I like bird nest with 'Pao Sam'. Hehe.... I like the taste.

I heard from radio, tv and read b4 that 'suet yi' has the same nutrition as bird nest. After i heard that, i drink 'suet yi tong shui' most of the time. I'll put 'suet yi' into every thong shui i make... hehehehe, bird nest is expensive ma :P

Then, after you eating it, do you feel there is any effect ah?

Hua, Meiteoh, lucky you :)

Then how often u eat ur Huet yin ah?

What is the good result?

If i am not mistaken Kam Yin is the second expensive one... Huet Yin, I cannot afford to buy as its more than double the price of Kam Yin and for pregnancy purpose, I have to take it once a week when I reach a certain month... mum will cook it with honeydew once a week and then must take for at least 5-7 weeks consecutively... said to prevent jaundice... then subsequently its normal with rock sugar or ginkgo and stuff like that...

Er I am not sure why ur Fa Yin doesnt kembang ler... maybe u have to soak longer... maybe overnite... thats wat my MIL and mum did...

For me, i want to start with lower grade first, so i choose the one with a bit of yellow stripes. The supplier told me it is from Indonesia and just need to soak for half an hour only, so i soak for half an hr only and that is the result i saw. For cooking, i cook with rock sugar only, havent tried other recipe, i cook for 2.5hrs. The result, it smeals quite good. I hope it is genuine one. I wonder any expert around here that can share with us how to differentiate genuine and not genuine BN? Meiteoh, do u know?

Hey babysiew, i never hear can cook with honeydew b4, actually how to cook it ya?

As far i know got :

Fa Yin

Huet Yin (Red) , better, cost more

My dad bought back for me from Sarawak, cheaper wor..

How much do u pay for that? hehehhe... just like to know the market price

I don't take it that often...coz now in Switzerland, so low supplies. :P But last time, my mum used to makan like once a month from the time she kahwin until now. In terms of skin condition, she has very good skin for someone nearing her sixties. Personally, whenever I makan BN, I actually feel better - less food poisoning and sleep better as well. Maybe it's pyschology la. :D

You guys soak your BN? Mum and I just put ours in the slow cooker, pour in hot water and cook for a while then add rock sugar - she used to soak but the guy she bought the Huat Yin from told her that no need to soak in water coz waste the nutrients and it'll also cause the BN to "melt" faster when cooking. Better to just cook directly in the pot without soaking; that's what we were told la.

If dont soak, it is hard to cook... thats wat my fren experienced...

Honeydew satu biji... take out the seed and scrap some of the flesh out... put the bird nest, rock sugar in and some water and then steam it for 1-2 hrs... then can makan straight from there... my mum knows better... i just makan only wahaha...

Honeydew 1 biji? so, do u still using slow cooker to cook it?? or must buy very big slow cooker? :D

I thought even the bird nest melts, it is melts in the same bow that we are going to eat, not really matter isn't it? Or the nutrien gone with the melting point?

hi, i heard this from a friend in s'wak. it seems birds nest soup will make the skin fairer & smoother. however, got side effect that the skin will be sensitive to sunlight. not sure how true.

Hi, i think after having a lot of BN, your skin getting kind of "thinner"? And the skin is sensitive to sunlight, this is what i experienced lah, not sure to others.

I used to take the BN everyweek. After months, i had this problem, so i stop for a while. The bird's nest i am taking is " ba sai yin". Does anyone heard this before? It kembang after i soak for 4 hours and double the size. It won't melt easily, so after cooked still in the shape. I went to few places to ask around, they said this "ba sai yin" is double nutrient the yellowish "fa yin". But then i prefer "fa yin" bcoz the taste is better. Once i took the "ba sai yin", the next day the face turn pinkish. For "fa yin" a bit slow. "Hue yin" is good, but they said hard to get genuine. Some seller they r cunning so they color the BN and sell to you higher price.

When come to pick the BN, sometimes they sell u in dry condition some is wet. Wet BN u need to keep in the fridge and they weight heavier 20 to 30%, so take note when you go to buy BN.

If you don't want to get BN you can try to replace with snow jelly, same as BN but of coz not so efficient unless you take more and very regular.

Actually, in mine and my mum's case, not really. In fact, I can handle the sunlight rather well and it takes a while for me to get a tan - same with my mum. Face turn pinkish or red? Hm, are there any rashes or itch? If got, it could be a food allergy... :S