piggy

The Royale Bintang Hotel, K.L

hi,

does anyone try their food before? how's they ballroom deco,services,food etcetc?...i saw frm The Star newspaper today, their menu starting frm RM538++ only ;)

any opinions?

ohh...izzit? 538++ that's reasonable. Anyway which Royale Bintang are you refering to? There are 2 Royale Bintang...1 near Jln Alor i guess..not sure what's the name of the road. Another one is located at The Curve, Bandar Utama.

The Royale Bintang at The Curve is the newest 1. Anyone have the contact for that?

piggy,

my opinion.. if you're refering to the one in bkt bintang, I would rather go for Dynasty Hotel. Almost similar price.. Dynasty gives me lotsa extras n freebies. I think they are more negotiable. Food wise, not bad for the price you're paying.

Royale Bintang is not so well know for wedding receptions if were to compare with Dynasty.

Hi honeybunny,

the advertisement int he newspaper only stated the one in Bkt. Bintang. not sure wether the one at Curve will be same price or not ;)

Hi Melissa,

thanks for ur info. er...my uncle used to have his wedding dinner at Dynasty hotel b4. i dun think their food is nice lor.. then if wat u ay is true, then royale bintang ma worst? :P dunno..juz what i think....

if that is the price range for hotel banquet, u can consider vistana too.. the service very good.. the food tasted good too.

as for dynasty.. i dun quite like their place. is in the chinese restaurant..

piggy,

how long ago did yr uncle had his wedding? Ballroom or Chinese restaurant? I'm not sure if the chef's has changed, but I was there about 1 month or so, and food was okay, not too bad wor.

I think, However, food quality is very subjective as I may like certain styles and you may not. I think its quite hard to compare just like that cause example, I may say Prince Hotel's food is great and is Royale Bintang's food is horrible. Definitely cause Prince's menu is FROM almost rm 1k and R.B's menu is FROM approx RM 600..

Hope I make a bit bit of sense.. :)

Hi melissa,

my uncle's wedding was a year ago... ;) not too sure then...

hi Kingsong,

yes,please...n plz tell ur ur experience in here after tat. :D thanks~! :rolleyes:

The Royale Bintang advertised at the Star is at Jln Alor la. It's not a good place to hold your wedding la. Got lots of Middle Eastern people staying there. The new Royale Bintang at the Curve has wedding package starting from RM800++ onwards. Also not worth it, so expensive. Try Concorde Hotel.

The Royale Bintang advertised at the Star is at Jln Alor la. It's not a good place to hold your wedding la. Got lots of Middle Eastern people staying there. The new Royale Bintang at the Curve has wedding package starting from RM800++ onwards. Also not worth it, so expensive. Try Concorde Hotel.

i doubt Concorde is cheaper. but royale bintang cost so much meh? the quotation i got from royale bintang KL is only from RM 600 over ++.

not sure is it the same for royale bintang damansara. but royale bintang damansara, it can only cater around 20 - 25 tables.

The quotation I got from Royale Bintang Damansara is from RM800++ onwards. Yeah, the ballroom is quite small but Im only holding 25 tables. I didnt book with them cos the menu looks mediocre and the service not very good. For RM800++ I might as well look for a 5star hotel in KL.

Concorde wedding package starts from RM688++ onwards. The dishes are excellent! The RM788++ package got lobster as its first dish.

wah.. just browsing around this forum and saw this thread. gosh.. no good comments on this hotel. well i will hv my dinner there this nov. hopefully everything turns out well.. the good thing tat attracts me is the RB RM1k voucher and a bottle of free wine for each table. and there's no corkage charge for wine or liquor that we bring.

wanted to have it in other hotels but are fully booked.. so this is the next best choice we have...

wish me luck gals......

wah.. just browsing around this forum and saw this thread. gosh.. no good comments on this hotel. well i will hv my dinner there this nov. hopefully everything turns out well.. the good thing tat attracts me is the RB RM1k voucher and a bottle of free wine for each table. and there's no corkage charge for wine or liquor that we bring.

wanted to have it in other hotels but are fully booked.. so this is the next best choice we have...

wish me luck gals......

good luck furbygal!

so how did it go?

pics? :)

Hi furbygal,

u r having ur dinner at Royale Bintang, KL or The Curve D'sara? Actually I've tot of having my wedding dinner at The Curve, D'sara. So I need all your feedback. Thanks!

wish me luck gals......

I have been to wedding dinner at Royale Bintang KL, last year Dec

Hi all,

Pls help. What you guys/gals think abt Corus and Royal Bintang KL.

Both abt the same price. But location & ballroom have difference loh.

How? Anyone attended any functions there?

Hi all,

Hi cfshirley,

I attended my fren's wedding dinner at Corus hotel last yr Nov 07. Overall, not too bad...the ballroom quite nice, food not bad too. They price per table quite cheap actually if compare to another hotel but I get to know that they had increase their price for year 2008...

But if you r looking to have some pre-coktail session, i am afraid this hotel might be not too suitable..

Abt, RB KL, sorry, i never been there b4...

Hi all,

Hi cfshirley,

I attended my fren's wedding dinner at Corus hotel last yr Nov 07. Overall, not too bad...the ballroom quite nice, food not bad too. They price per table quite cheap actually if compare to another hotel but I get to know that they had increase their price for year 2008...

But if you r looking to have some pre-coktail session, i am afraid this hotel might be not too suitable..

Abt, RB KL, sorry, i never been there b4...

Hi staycool,

Thanks for the info. The price they are quoting is 668++ for vegetarian menu that i suggested.

I asked abt pre-cocktail session, he said if Corus 1 (function room - opposite the ballroom) is available, he'll let me have it there.

But details I will have to discuss with him this saturday.

Very kan cheong.

Everyone,

Pls help me, any comment on Royale Bintang KL?

TQ

wish me luck gals......

Hi there, maybe this is too late but then am just trying my luck.. Would just like to check with you abt a few things:-

1. Quality of the food (Which menu u've chosen if u could remember)

2. Wine (How's the quality of the free wine given?)

3. Ambience (How's the overall setting, how abt ur friends/relatives comments on the venue?)

4. Service (How's their services & the person in charge/u liased with)

5. How did u made use of the 1k voucher, what's that for?

Thanks in advance if I m lucky to get answered.. Really appreciate ur help! (Also whomever who responded to these questions)