autumnlove

Grand Plaza Parkroyal Hotel, K.L

Today, i made a trip down town to look at a few hotels that i have short listed. I want to comment on one particularly poor service which i receive, namely Parkroyal.

When i arrive, i headed to the to the reception and asked for the sales person whom i have get a quotion and already MADE and appointment with, we have also made final confirmed the appointment on Thursday, two days ago, via email. (as i am working in Singapore, and came back to KL for easter break.)

So the receptionist called for the sales girl and after like 5 min of waiting the receptionist asked me to the phone. On the phone, i do not even know who the hell i was talking as she did not even introduce herself. She asked for my name and i told her. then she asked id i did schedule for appointment, i said yes. then she asked when is my wedding date, I told her. then she asked how many pax you are looking at, and i told her.

those were all given to her on phone when i was in Singapore and even written on the quotation that she actually had emailed me when i was still in Singapore. Ok fine after all that disappointing phone call, that made it seemed like its the first time she is getting my contact and hearing about me as a client cause i have spoken to her a few times on phone and double confirmed things via email.

5 min later she came down empty handed as i was expecting her quotation print outs and some other stuffs which usually the other hotels will hand out to their client if you do meet up with them). She did not even made ad short intro, greet or say hello, as my mom and aunt is also with me. first thing she said 'ok you can follor me to see the function room which is in use now and i am not sure if you can view'. and she walk like 100 miles an hour infront of me leaving my mom and aunt and me behind tailing like some idiots.

She then let us peek thru a little slit thru the ballroom's door. and that's it! The entire appointment is just like that!

then she said sorry but i am now very busy with the easter party and i am resigning in 2 weeks time, so if you need any other help pls look for so and so whom will take over me.

so you are going to resign. that is fine. but is that they way you treat ur client? and why did you not bring ur colleague whom is going to take over along or direct or even hand me over to her in a more professional way. Maybe Parkroyal did not treat you well but CLIENTS , esp potential clients should not be treated this way.

and if you want to leave a company, you should always do ur best and hand over ur things the best you could to leave a better impression of YOURSELF.

Although i have heard a little no-so-good things about Parkroyal KL, but I wanted to give them a chance as i have stayed in their Penang branch which i had a pleasant stay and service. now looks like this one in KL is totally a crap place to go.

See how important a sales person can be?

just a little experience that i wanna share here.

You can call to ask for Amy Wong. She's the wedding planner at Grand Plaza Parkroyal. We got excellent service from her and she's quite professional. She gave us lots of freebies like wedding favours, free corkage, flower pedestals, etc.

But I want to give you a note of advice that there are 2 ballrooms at this hotel. The one on the 2nd Floor has been refurbished. The one at the basement has not. If the ballroom on the 2nd Floor (I think its called the Orchid Ballroom) has been booked on your wedding date, choose another hotel or another wedding date. Under no circumstances take the ballroom on the basement. It's dingy, dark and has a very low ceiling. The carpet has stains on it and the doors have scratches. That's why we didnt book with them.

Greetings. My name is Catherine Lui, the Director of Catering for Grand Plaza Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur. Recently, my attention was drawn to this forum site and the numerous comments pertaining to the level of service experienced or shared by some of you here.

At Grand Plaza Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur, we continuously strive to provide a high level of service excellence and I would like to apologize to Autumnlove for not meeting her expectations in our delivery of service pertaining to her wedding enquiries. The staff concerned has since left the company.

I would like to emphasis that customers are our utmost priority and we enjoyed a good record for upholding our level of service delivery and has successful executed numerous wedding events and conferences, both for our local customers as well as international clients.

To this end, I would welcome another opportunity from Autumnlove or any other contributors to this forum site, for us to demonstrate our commitment and personalized service in ensuring that your special day with us is a memorable and successful one. We have on our team, professional wedding planners who are dedicated to go the extra mile to ensure that would-be-couples enjoy a hassle-free event as well as a team of culinary experts who are constantly working towards excellence in food quality and presentation. And of course, my personal attention. For further enquiries, I can be contacted at 012 281 9082 or via email: doc@gpp.kul.parkroyalhotels.com or En Rahim Musa, Director of Food & Beverage at dirfnb@gpp.kul.parkroyalhotels.com.

thank you and best regards

Catherine Lui

Yeah, Catherine Lui is the 'tai ka che' there. I heard them call her that. Autumnlove, maybe you can arrange to see the hotel again.

Ok la for a 5 star hotel. If I remember correctly it's RM668++, RM768++ and RM868++. Or somewhere in that range. Plus they give you lots of things like wedding favors, flower arch, flower pedestals, etc. Heck! Parkroyal should give me commission for promoting their hotel. Hehe! I swear I'm not a Parkroyal's staff! But I didnt book with them cos they only got the basement ballroom on my AD. Sigh!

They only quoted me RM788 and RM 888 for a vegetarian dinner! Goodness... If they had given me an RM688 choice then perhaps I would consider them. One of my close friends from school had her reception there last November... From the photos, it looked pretty mediocre ;)

Looks ok to me. But as I said before..only the 2nd floor ballroom. hehe! And the parking lot leaves a lot to be desired. Get some1 to view for you.

Hi fusionista,

I've signed up for Parkroyal, but i dont recall seeing any RM688++ menu woh...I havent choosen my menu yet though

Ive signed up in March 2006.

if there is a RM668++ menu then i think its for si chuan dou hua, the chinese restuarant...i think if want to use it at the banquet, can but have to add some $$$

Uh oh! I think I got the wrong hotel. You're right Sheep, there's no RM688++ menu. That was Concorde. Dont want the Parkroyal people to 'peng' me for spreading false info. Sorry... :P

You wont want Concorde la. The 2 ballrooms and the chinese restaurant share 1 foyer la. If all the 3 venues are holding events simultaneously, your guests would be jostling for space in the foyer. Plus the hotel lounge is there and they have live band playing. Waa.. really like pasar malam.

:D yeah, I got the impression that it wasn't that nice also. Quite old right? Anyway, my mom said my uncle's friend might still be working there mah, so might as well check them out in case we can get staff discount or something...

But seriously, I think it looks old from the pics...In this case, Parkroyal looks way better... :lol:

i've been to concorde n look around at the ballroom n chinese restaurant.havent been to parkroyal yet. is there better ar? which ballroom is better?..i remember, peipei (not too sure) told me, orchid ballroom is better,izzit? n wat's the min. tables tat i gotta have in order to have it in tat ballroom ar? ;)

im looking for 35-40 tables..

Hi Piggy,

Im having mine at Parkroyal, im taking the ballroom upstairs but i cant remember whats the ballroom name. Yup like pei pei said, dont take the one downstairs.

piggy,

i've check these two hotels before and even went to see thier actual wedding.... the only comment to give you is that concorde willling to spend more money in the decoration , very homely feel (except the pillar in the ballroom) compare to parkroyal..... they even put alternate air balloons below the light bulb for whole ballroom or restaurant... what i suggest you is that you and have a look of the actual wedding before you make decision.... B) :lol:

strawberry

Hi sheep,

oh! tats good for u..so how r their service so far?

strawberry,

yeah yeah, I've been to concorde 2 weeks before with my FH to have a look at their real set up for both chinese restaurant + ballroom. I like their deco :)..juz tat the ballroom abit wierd with the 2 pillars blocking ;) but overall, we r satisfy with the deco. :)

i've been to concorde n look around at the ballroom n chinese restaurant.havent been to parkroyal yet. is there better ar? which ballroom is better?..i remember, peipei (not too sure) told me, orchid ballroom is better,izzit? n wat's the min. tables tat i gotta have in order to have it in tat ballroom ar? ;)

im looking for 35-40 tables..

Dear Piggy,

The one upstairs is called the Orchid Ballroom. The one in the basement is called the Plaza Ballroom. Yeah, both ballrooms can cater to 30 and above tables. My husband said the ballroom in the basement looks like a school hall to him.

As Sheep and I said before - Dont take the ballroom in the basement!

hi piggy,

I visited Parkroyal sometime last yr during their bridal fair. Their package then was quite attractive cause their flower arrangements for the ballroom all done by Wishing Tree. They show us (during the fair) the type of flower stands they r going to use and i thought it was very nice.

Only thing I don't like about the upstairs ballroom is that there are many pillars there - around 8, I think... but the sales person said that if having small number of tables, they can arrange the tables so that none are blocked by the pillars.

niq