agyy

If u r an invited guest, which would u prefer more? Garden buffet style wedding or those air-conditioned restaurant with food served?

Please choose.....  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

for my point of view.. i vote indoor airconed wedding.. unpredictable weather really will make you faint if you choose outdoor wedding.. it's seem look romantic, but our country hot temperature + giant mosquitos will spoil your mood! i agreed what Amanda said, Tamarind Spring mosquitos really GENG! especially when she play sax or flute, her hand can't move much, so the mosquitos can stand on her hand, smile to her and slowly bite her without worrying being killed, hahah.. i understand how she felt! :D last time when perform in Golden Horses Palace i saw 1 garden wedding really terrible, last minute around 7pm sth.. heavy rain.. wahlau! all ppl no mood dy and spent hours to wait for the rain stop.. Luckily.. i was performing for an indoor wedding that time.. haha..

to be frank, i feel that for a wedding dinner.. we must cut down the risk of changes to the lowest, so it won't influence the whole night progress.. we use to hv a comfortable environment, no suffer for rain, no irritating mosquitos, no dirty mud to spoil the beautiful gown and shoe.. and so on.. then it's called successful wedding dinner.. hehe..

These comments below and thereafter were written by AMANDA ANGELS many years ago....before she passed the baton to me as the Director in our Empire Entertainment CO:

Kojiki, I agree totally! When the giant nyamuk's wree happily sucking my fingers' bloods and I am playing the Saxophone....aiyoh..torture!! i cant stop halfway through the song and kill the nyamuk, right? So I had to suffer. Some more I wore knee length skirt that night...so many nyamuk's entered and bit me all over my thighs and legs. sauer2.gif

The worst part are the kids. They non-stop kena bitten by nyamuks until their parents also got fed up and took them home only after 15 minutes the wedding started.

May I know where u have ur poolside ceremony+wedding luncheon ? What time was your luncheon start and end? Mind sharing the details of your poolside ceremony+wedding luncheon such as the venue, quotation, how many guests u invited ,how was the food, what kind activities u arranged and how was the weather impact on the wedding?

Fuzzi Bunz Diapers

These comments below and thereafter were written by AMANDA ANGELS many years ago....before she passed the baton to me as the Director in our Empire Entertainment CO:

OK Girls...in a nutshell..please scrap any outdoor garden wedding...as long as it is in Malaysia.
Your guests will thank you for that!

haha, its still never amaze me that people wants to have garden wedding dinner. I understand if they want garden wedding and have their church ceremony in the morning at the garden but dinner ? its so hot .... back in australia, i totally understand as their weather turns chilly at night and its so crisp and nice to be in the outdoor but here.... :S

I agree with Skye. Girls....pls...do NOT even think of garden wedding. It is a bad idea to have a garden wedding...no matter whether it is evening or night. This is MALAYSIA weather we are talking about.!

Pls be realistic. You will torture your guests with Heat, Mosquitos, Make up melting and subject the entire Wedding to the high risk of Rain...then pls think again. Even at night,.it will still be hot.

the thing that need to be considered when plan for garden wedding is weather

not only hot weather, but also the raining day :)

Garden wedding is weather dependent, once raining then whole session spoiled!

You are right....but even if it doesnt rain...it will be damn hot too like now! I am still amazed that some people still refuse to accept the valid points that were mentioned in this thread about how bad Garden Wedding is in MAlaysia.

I don't mind the sweating / aircon or not, but mosquitoes are definitely a nuisance. Not sure if Cameron Highlands will be a better place for Garden style

i think it's no problem as long as u come prepared and get the guests to do so too. i have a few guests from the Europe who will be visiting M'sia and definitely the 1st thing they love is our weather (in fact the only people whom i see love to complain are none other than Malaysians). Secondly with buffet style guests are given choices to leave early too, esp old ppl & guests with kids who don't fancy staying up too late for obvious reasons. Thirdly, I don't suppose I would wanna expect 'returns' or 'profit' from my guests ang pow when my main intention is to celebrate my big day together with them in BIG laughter.

Finally ... traditional wedding is just too boring for us as we're expected to sit down looking pretty and called to yam seng to every single table to some of the guests whom we hardly ever know. I can't play my guitar in my wedding and dance around with stupid big skirts literally banging everywhere i walk ~__________~;;

i think it's no problem as long as u come prepared and get the guests to do so too. i have a few guests from the Europe who will be visiting M'sia and definitely the 1st thing they love is our weather (in fact the only people whom i see love to complain are none other than Malaysians). Secondly with buffet style guests are given choices to leave early too, esp old ppl & guests with kids who don't fancy staying up too late for obvious reasons. Thirdly, I don't suppose I would wanna expect 'returns' or 'profit' from my guests ang pow when my main intention is to celebrate my big day together with them in BIG laughter.

Finally ... traditional wedding is just too boring for us as we're expected to sit down looking pretty and called to yam seng to every single table to some of the guests whom we hardly ever know. I can't play my guitar in my wedding and dance around with stupid big skirts literally banging everywhere i walk ~__________~;;

Hey ! Can't wait for ur big day ! :P

I couldn't stop giggling at the picture you've painted :biggrin::tongue:

Well said!! Likey:)

I think it is all about choices. Everything that's pro and cons. it is depending on which suit our expectation more.

As Malaysian, of cause will understand the weather and mosquito issue. As a guest, they do hv a choice not to attend ..haha..no hard feeling (with open heart) .

Also, fully agreed with the "expect 'returns' or 'profit '. It is a wedding, not a show or concert which expect every attendee to cover their fees or even thinking of getting some profit out of it. Every single ang pow is a blessing. No one hv responsibility help to cover the wedding fees except bride and groom.

Personal opionion...:)

I don't mind the sweating / aircon or not, but mosquitoes are definitely a nuisance. Not sure if Cameron Highlands will be a better place for Garden style

What about genting highland, bukit tinggi or Fraser hill ? If u stay in kl.

Awana is a good consideration though their ballroom does look dated d,

not sure about Bukit Tinggi ...do they have a ballroom?

Bukit tinggi

http://www.colmartropicale.com.my/wedding.php?btn=wedding

Fraser hill

(smoke house)

http://www.lightframephotography.com/2012/07/kae-ee-beatrice-wedding-highlight.html

Agree with Joane,

Everything has its pros and cons. It depends on individual budget and preference.

Just to share with you girls. I'll be doing my garden ROM this coming December. The ceremony plus luncheon will be held at Top Hat restaurant and right after the ceremony in the garden, guests will be ushered in to the fully air conditioned restaurant.. So, we are not too worried about heat, mozzies and what nots. Costs RM100 per pax for buffet luncheon. We are paying for booze separately.

The ceremony or rather, actual day itself is Sept next year. It will be a Chinese sit down dinner and will be held at the KL Hilton and cost will be around RM300 per pax.

I consider myself blessed to be able to do both styles :)

These days, we'd be lucky to even break even. Angpows are blessings and we shouldn't think too much about profit and loss. Most importantly, guests enjoy themselves and if they do, we would too :D Cheerios everybody!

my garden wedding and solemnization was few days ago, and it was a blessing one. Feed back from my guest they do enjoy the wedding, as the wedding is buffet, they get to mingle around and enjoy the food and live band as well. It was truly a blessed from god. :)

Our AMANDA SAX & KG STRING BAND performed for a Garden Wedding in Palace of Golden Horses last Thursday at the Butterfly Garden area.. It was hellish from 6pm onwards when it started to rain heavily, The entire Stage was soaked...walkway was slippery...and some people almost fell while walking! It was a nightmare too for the Sound System people as they had to pack all the expensive and heavy equipments too under the heavy rain.

Wedding started very late due to the rain. Guests were very hungry but still cant get to eat thanks to the rain and the delay. The Hotel Staff cant do anything about the Food until the rain stopped. Children were crying cos of hunger. People got restless. Ouch! not a good thing.

There were 3 more different Events that night in that hotel all happening at the same...in the comfortable Grand Ballroom and at the 2 lower Floors Ballrooms. They were oblivious to the heavy Rain...and were happily drinking, laughing and eating long ago...while those at the Garden wedding had to endure on- going hunger and their faces looked angry.

This is the typical scene you see in a garden or BEach Wedding in Malaysia. Malaysian weather is no longer predictable anymore like in the old days. Global warming has caused havoc to our weather.

Don't push your luck with MAlaysian Weather. Go for indoor air- conditioned Venues. Forget about the Outdoor/Garden/Beack venues.

I would prefer air-conditioned dinner because of the Malaysian weather and also the mosquitoes. Generally, I have heard feedback after attending outdoor weddings and majority of guests complain about the heat, humidity, mosquitoes and the buffet food not coming up to mark. Additionally, Malaysian weather is also very unpredictable and if it rains or just rained heavily before your event, the soil will be muddy and soggy and that is not a nice experience. Although outdoor weddings are quite 'in', unfortunately the Malaysian weather does not make it a nice experience.

My advice is don't do outdoor weddings for the sake of trying to be different - but also keep in mind your guests and the feedback from your family members. Ultimately, you would also want everyone to have a nice time at your wedding since everyone has taken the time to attend and celebrate your special day with you.

My advice is don't do outdoor weddings for the sake of trying to be different - but also keep in mind your guests and the feedback from your family members. Ultimately, you would also want everyone to have a nice time at your wedding since everyone has taken the time to attend and celebrate your special day with you.

I agree totally.