Sign in to follow this  
babyjazz80

Baby Wipes

actually i working at toiletries and personal care manufacturer. my company also manufacture baby wipes.

i suggested paraben free and alcohol free for baby wipes but the price is more higher lor....

Makeupjunk,

very unluckily, in mass market is can't find paraben free baby wipes. but at EU or taiwan, u can find it out.

paraben is act as presevative. but paraben can penetrate into adipose tissue and long staying at there. this presevative is not easy degrade and scientist believed that paraben may cause DNA mutation.

what is the most important is after u use the wet wipes to wipe baby's poo, make sure u use the cotton wool and water to wipe again. That's wat i normally do. More clean.This one my CL teach me one. But baby bigger d, then after use the wet wipe, can wash baby with water .

Well, my mum went nuts and bought J&J plus some trolljoy wipes. I'll probably check out the ones available here as well but I can't exactly tell her that I won't use it coz it might be laced with paraben. Aiii...

i've tried johnson's, tenderly, bebe, sunbaby. don't like sunbaby, bought it coz it was realllly cheap. Anyway, i've already made it a habit to wash bb's bottom with warm water after the wipes. Somehow it feels cleaner that way, hehe.

anyone can suggest which brand is good for baby wipes? there are alot of brands out there, dunno which one to choose.

isit all the same or different ??

try huggie wiper

preg.png

*Nods* I only use the babywipes only when we go out. At home when Ashley's younger we use cotton wool with water. But now since she's able to stand I will wash her bottom in the toilet.

I have quite a stash of babywipes that I used it to clean the babychair or the table tops whenever we go out. And sometimes I use it to wipe her hands after meals/snack time

Johnson & Johnson's the best. The wipes are softer as compared to others. But we dont use it all the time. I carry my baby to the sink and splash her 'pet-pet' there. Not recommended for young babies as they might easily catch cold this way.

Just got back from the store...looks like only alcohol-free wipes are available. Carbomer is one of the preservatives and I'm not too sure if it's paraben-based. :unsure:

Just got back from the store...looks like only alcohol-free wipes are available. Carbomer is one of the preservatives and I'm not too sure if it's paraben-based. :unsure:

hi meiteoh,

Carbomer is not preservative but as thickener or suspending raw material...

Kelly, thanks so much for clearing that up...I wasn't too sure what it was exactly. Must have gotten it confused with another ingredient. @_@

I did a search on the Internet and found this:

Common parabens include methylparaben (E number E218), ethylparaben (E214), propylparaben (E216) and butylparaben. Less common parabens include isobutylparaben, isopropylparaben, benzylparaben and their sodium salts.

Looking at the list, maybe the baby wipes here aren't laced with paraben after all.

Kelly, what brands would you recommend since you'd know the industry in M'sia better?

Hi meiteoh,

actually in mass market is hard to get paraben free for baby wipes. i just can suggested to u that is after using wipes, you can use wet cotton to rub again and don't too depends on baby wipes. if u and baby at home, try to use wet cotton (place some water on cotton) to clean baby skin.

some of baby wipes is perfume free or fragrance free because some of baby is sensitive to fragrance.

FYI. isobutylparaben, isopropylparaben, benzylparaben is mostly using in clear products. for example, clear skin gel or styling liquid.

Hi Kelly,

I bought a lot of Pigeon and check that the ingredients I didn't found paraben, and I can see that it is Alcohol Free, I think it is safe right? :)

Lay Eng

hi Lay Eng,

i think should be ok. did you see phenoxyethanol or sodium benzoate in ingredient list??? actually these two ingredients also preservative but more safe. Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone in the ingredient list???

Hi Kelly,

Sorry for late reply.

I found phenoxyethanol in the ingredient list ..

hi Lay Eng,

i think should be ok. did you see phenoxyethanol or sodium benzoate in ingredient list??? actually these two ingredients also preservative but more safe. Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone in the ingredient list???

yes pigeon is good but quite pricy. there are few brands sold at JJ, the red & white colour, can't remember the brand. it is nice too. always has offer at jj