piggy

Concorde Hotel, K.L

dear brides,

I would like to share my unpleasant encounter with the servicing person from Concorde, so that you all know and are aware and hopefully do not have to go thru what i went thru.

I was interested to take up concorde initially, however since ballroom has been taken up, i was opting to take Xin Cuisine rest. So I make a visit personally to the chinese rest. last 2 wks, liked what I saw and proceeded to email to the lady in charge to let her know that my fiance and I were ready to place the deposit.

However, she told us that there was another couple before us and that we were 2nd in waiting list. So we thought its only fair that the PIC call up the first couple and give them a timeframe to pay up the deposit. Last Monday, we were told that this couple was interested to take up the venue and would pay up during the weekend. All this while, correspondence with the lady in charge was thru email. So to make things clear, I asked her (via email)... "So if the couple does not pay up during the weekend, could we have the right to book the venue?".... In which her reply was "If the couple does not pay up during the weekend, we will let you have the venue". So girls... this is as clear as it could be and it was all in black and white!

My fiance and I waited patiently for the weekend to pass and called up the lady in charge first thing in the morning today. When she answered my call & after I have introduced myself, she just told me she would revert soon. Next half an hour when I checked my email she had the cheek to write to tell me that the couple DID NOT pay up during the weekend and she is extending their payment deadline 'coz they said they wud pay today. I was so furious to see that email, and she didnt even had the courtesy to call me to inform me!

So I called her for the 2nd time today and demanded an explanation from her. Not only was she RUDE, she didnt even apologise (come on, the terms and conditions rendered to us was in B&W!!), she was arrogant and she kept cutting off my sentences when I tried to tell her that its unfair to do this to us!

In the end, I just felt it was pointless to say anything else so after listening to her trying to reason I hung up.

I hope you girls won't have to go thru such incidents 'coz it really spoilt my day.

Hi Maro,

could u pls share with me about concord wedding pic as well ? my email is cj9968@gmail.com

Thanks a lot.

ms.Low

Hi Cheers,

really? me have booked Concorde Xin Cuisine for my wedding, haven't gone for the food tasting.

hi,

I am not very sure how bad the food was, but according to few of my close friends who attent the wedding dinner said the food was bad. Although the wedding couple claim that they the menu they choose is very expensive (heard is RM1.2k)... but i feel it is really not worthy... for 1.2k, perhaps you can topup little bit more and go for Renaissance or other 5 stars hotel.

hope i hav not offended anyone in this thread. please accept my apologies if i do. I really like to checkout if Concorde still a right place to go for or not, cause my friend who is getting married end of this year intend to take them.

may I know anyone have pleasant encounter with them? regardless food or service...

thanks for ur input in advance.

cheers~

dear brides,

I would like to share my unpleasant encounter with the servicing person from Concorde, so that you all know and are aware and hopefully do not have to go thru what i went thru.

I was interested to take up concorde initially, however since ballroom has been taken up, i was opting to take Xin Cuisine rest. So I make a visit personally to the chinese rest. last 2 wks, liked what I saw and proceeded to email to the lady in charge to let her know that my fiance and I were ready to place the deposit.

However, she told us that there was another couple before us and that we were 2nd in waiting list. So we thought its only fair that the PIC call up the first couple and give them a timeframe to pay up the deposit. Last Monday, we were told that this couple was interested to take up the venue and would pay up during the weekend. All this while, correspondence with the lady in charge was thru email. So to make things clear, I asked her (via email)... "So if the couple does not pay up during the weekend, could we have the right to book the venue?".... In which her reply was "If the couple does not pay up during the weekend, we will let you have the venue". So girls... this is as clear as it could be and it was all in black and white!

My fiance and I waited patiently for the weekend to pass and called up the lady in charge first thing in the morning today. When she answered my call & after I have introduced myself, she just told me she would revert soon. Next half an hour when I checked my email she had the cheek to write to tell me that the couple DID NOT pay up during the weekend and she is extending their payment deadline 'coz they said they wud pay today. I was so furious to see that email, and she didnt even had the courtesy to call me to inform me!

So I called her for the 2nd time today and demanded an explanation from her. Not only was she RUDE, she didnt even apologise (come on, the terms and conditions rendered to us was in B&W!!), she was arrogant and she kept cutting off my sentences when I tried to tell her that its unfair to do this to us!

In the end, I just felt it was pointless to say anything else so after listening to her trying to reason I hung up.

I hope you girls won't have to go thru such incidents 'coz it really spoilt my day.

dear brides,

hi dl_mei,

dunno why my previous reply was not posted. i just registered as member still new here, sorry. anyway, in my previous reply, i was enquiring whom did you speak to in concorde hotel kl. i actually have placed a deposit there. would just like to find out as a pre-caution.

im sorry to hear bout yr unpleasant experience there. planning own wedding is supposed to be something very exciting and happy and it was unlucky for you to have encoutered that. but would like to wish you best of luck in your whole wedding planning process :D

i'm planning to held my wed dinner at Concorde Hotel too..i will have 20tables...will they provide projector?

I think they provide free projector only if you book more than 30 tables. Basically the package is as following:-

· Complimentary one (1) night stay in our Bridal Suite with complimentary one bottle of sparkling wine, pralines, floral arrangement and Choose to have breakfast in bed or enjoy a sumptuous buffet spread at Spices Restaurant & Wine Bar

· Complimentary two (2) superior room for one (1)night stay.

• Tea ceremony arrangement in the room
  • Individually Wrapped Wedding Giveaways – Chocolate or fruit cake
  • Backdrop design of your choice.
  • A decorative pair of ice carving
  • Fresh floral arrangement – choice of 6 x lighted pillars or flower arch at entrance; 1 x VVIP floral arrangement for VVIP table; other tables with choice of single stalk of fresh flower or floating candle with flower petals; 2 x banisters
  • 8 – Tier Dummy Cake for Cake Cutting ceremony
  • 5 – Tier Champagne Fountain for Toasting with one bottle of sparking wine
  • Red carpet welcome in the restaurant and a special presentation can be arranged for the wedding march
  • Normal flat parking rate of RM8.00nett per entry for host’s guest
  • Complimentary parking for Four (4) inclusive of bridal’s car
  • Complimentary one (1) guest registration book
  • Decoration for reception table with long low fresh floral arrangement
  • Grand centerpiece with flowers and ribbons with matching ceiling drapes
  • White chair seat covers with your choice of coloured ribbons
  • Food tasting for 10 persons with complimentary bottle of wine

Minimum 30 tables complimentary

· Wedding photo presentation – usage of LCD projector and screen

· 1st year wedding anniversary voucher worth RM100.00nett at Spices Restaurant (valid for 1 year)

· Special designed wedding invitation card inclusive of insert and envelope

· Choice of complimentary foot reflexology for two persons (60 mins)

Or back and shoulder massage for two persons (60 mins)

With one (1) selection

Y Complimentary one table on the wedding day

<H4 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=left>OR</H4>Y 1 barrel (30 litre) of Tiger Draught

<H4 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=left>OR</H4>Y 1 carton of house wine

<H4 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=left>OR</H4>Y Honeymoon package with complimentary breakfast

2 Nights stay for 2 persons at Hard Rock Hotel Bali or

2 Nights stay for 2 persons at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya or

2 Nights stay for 2 persons at Lake House Cameron Highlands

<H4 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=left>OR</H4><H5 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Y 45 minute music entertainment by Concorde’s resident band/ </H5><H5 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"> artiste (Batak strollers or Chinese Harpist)</H5>

OR

Y Professional photographer (digital short with 144 exposures, plus 1

VCD and 4R processing)

OR

Y Professional video shoot and production services throughout dinner

reception (edited version - DVD)

Thanks PinkKtty, i think i will held my banquet at Prince hotel. No choice! as i only have 20tables. Many of the restaurant already been taken :huh: hotel's food is not as good as hotel

my friends attend wedding banquet there commented the food was served cold and not so nice compare to last time. anyway the wedding banquet was held back in mid jan...mayb they have improved by now already :)

hi there, i held my wedding dinner at Concorde last Sat. Finally my big day is over.

i asked my friends around, they said the food was up to quality woh if compared to hotel's food.[ cos normally ppl used to think tat hotel's food is no good ]

Yesterday went to Concorde KL to check around their price n ballroom..

But 09 price havent come out yet..

According to d wedding planner, price will out by next month~~ roughly increase by 15% (tats a lot)

Concorde wedding planner is new, just join a month.. but she is nice~~ explain everything to us patiently~~

oh ya~~ i recommend her to register on this forum~~ maybe they can improve after seeing our comment here~~

Hi lovely BTBs,

I am interested in having 15-20 tables for my dinner. Can anyone tell me what's the min table required? Also, can you please tell me what's the contact number for the wedding organiser at concorde hotel or her email add? I would like to arrange an appointment to see the hotel lo.

Many thanks ya!! :D

Hi lovely BTBs,

I am interested in having 15-20 tables for my dinner. Can anyone tell me what's the min table required? Also, can you please tell me what's the contact number for the wedding organiser at concorde hotel or her email add? I would like to arrange an appointment to see the hotel lo.

you can call to concorde kl and look for MEI LING. She is the person incharge

Hi lovely BTBs,

Hi,

They hv 1 small ball room tat can accommodate max 21 tables..

but wait for their 2009 menu out 1st so that u dont need to go so many times...

Hello!

I am really interested with Concorde. Not too sure how the hotel looks like externally and internally.

Does anyone know how the ambience of the ballroom there is?

I'm planning to have about 40-45 tables...

Will go back and have a look in November...

Please e-mail me to the 2009 quotation if it's out! My email address is laney_lan3@hotmail.com

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hello!

I am really interested with Concorde. Not too sure how the hotel looks like externally and internally.

Does anyone know how the ambience of the ballroom there is?

I'm planning to have about 40-45 tables...

Will go back and have a look in November...

Please e-mail me to the 2009 quotation if it's out! My email address is laney_lan3@hotmail.com

Thanks! :rolleyes:

i have some concorde hotel pic,you can view it in my blog

Chia Mei Ling

Catering Manager

Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur

No 2, Jalan Sultan Ismail

50250 Kuala Lumpur

DID : 2149 2604

Tel : 2144 2200 ext. 2604

Fax : 2145 2007

Mobile: 012-215 3690

Web : www.concorde.net

Hi lovely BTBs,

you can call to concorde kl and look for MEI LING. She is the person incharge

Hello Angi, can I have your AD makeup artist contact information? How did she charge? Here is my email: meechia@hotmail.com