piggy

Concorde Hotel, K.L

hi everyone,

anyone been to wedding at concorde ballroom OR Xin Cuisine, would you kindly give comments on food, deco and services?

I've just called the wedding planning dept. to request for a meet up, so i can have a look for both ballroom & chinese restaurant. the lady seems lazy wana layan me since i told her my AD will be in mac/apr 2007 ( i havent set the date yet) ;) she juz ask me to pop up on saturday (as there will be weddings on saturday), if i wana have a look at both venues, but said not sure is there anyone will be free to layan me... ;) hmm....

I attended a wedding there a few years back.was not impressed although it wasn't bad

the food was kinda bland but it might have changed........

I personally do not like the 'show' leading to or when the bride and groom walks in..I think it was someone playing a chinese groom pulling in a beca with the bride (abother actor)....

but if you're like me and prefer simple and classy, the you could perhaps tell them to skip it.

Personally I don't like the ballroom because there are few "fat" pillars which blocked the sight of the stage for those tables located at left and right side, can't even see the cake cutting ceremony and yam sheng session :(

Food wise is ok. Like what dwt said, the opening show (first dish) is a man pulling a beca with a lady sitting in and having the first meal for the VIP table (i think so because can't see it clearly)

You should ask for Mei Ling cos she was very nice and easygoing when I went to view the chinese restaurant. She showed us photos of the dishes. Very impressive especially the RM788 package where the first dish was lobster and the RM888 has suckling pig (the chinese restaurant is non-halal). But if you're looking for ambience the restaurant is not really the place.

Plus the 2 ballrooms and the restaurant were having 2 weddings and an annual dinner that night. The ballrooms and restaurant share 1 foyer so it was very packed. We didnt have a place to stand also. You wont know which were your guests and which were the guests next door.

Plus the 2 ballrooms and the restaurant were having 2 weddings and an annual dinner that night. The ballrooms and restaurant share 1 foyer so it was very packed. We didnt have a place to stand also. You wont know which were your guests and which were the guests next door.

hi peipei,

wat u mean by this ar? u mean if i choose the ballroom, and if the same day,there's another wedding gonna held at the restaurant, i gotta share the foyer wif them also ar? :o

Yes. The 2 ballrooms and the chinese restaurant all share 1 foyer cos they're all at one place. Plus you cant exactly call it a foyer cos they're at the ground floor. You can even call it the hotel lobby and it's near the hotel lounge too. They have live band there so it can get really noisy. I guess we were lucky when we went there there were 3 functions going on at once. We could see the real situation then and both of us agreed we couldnt accept it.

Also, on that day...poor thing...the bridal couples at the grand ballroom arranged pre-dinner cocktails, but the couples at the chinese restaurant didnt. So the poor guests from the restaurant can only look at the guests from the ballroom enjoying their drinks. They looked like orphans leh. Then, the 2nd ballroom had a company's annual dinner. Got lots of malays dressed in batiks and baju kurungs. Everyone's packed in that small area. So 'liun sui' man.

So..even when Mei Ling showed me the impressive dishes I couldnt accept the chaos outside at the foyer!

Ask them when there'll be weddings and go on that day around 6-7pm and check it out yourself.

:o terrible leh if like tat. yeah,they told me there will be weddingd at both ballroom & restaurant this coming saturday. will be going there to have a look. thanks for your comments :)

hi everyone,

i went to have a look at concorde ballroom & xin cuisine chinese rest. am happy with their deco. :ph34r: however, i would like to know if anyone here have the pic of their bridal suite? thought of wana have a look how's their bridal suite will look like. ;)

hi fusionista,

thanks for ur info. I've already email them to ask them for pictures. :)

thanks again. :)

Hi,

I would like to know anyone that already had their wedding at Concorde?..could you please share your experience with the hotel?

i read their quotations. notice that, if you have min. 30 tables & above, you are entitle for additinal stuff, then there's one section, where you can only choose ONE of the following. Im really confuse la. If you would to be choose one, which one would you choose?

P/S: if u decide not to choose the bridal table, there will be no deco for the main table, n it will be the same as ur guest's tables. unless you do ur own deco lor. ;)

here's the link:

http://www.concorde.net/kl/pdf/ChineseWeddingPackage-Sep2005-1.pdf

* btw, u can choose to have a brand new wedding gown wor..isn't tat tempting? :P *

please leave some suggestions...thanks a lot~~ :)

Piggy,

I heard that if you have 30 tables and above, they give you 3days/2nite at Hard Rock Hotel Bali or Phuket. Promotion still available ar?

peipei,

yeah yeah...but hor, my sis went before, she said if give u free also dun take it, coz it's really sucks wor. ;) dunno...

i thought either i take:

1) 1 new WG (but dunno it's a designer gown or wat)

OR

2) free videographer for dinner (edited version)- (dunno from which

company)

do u gals think it's worth it? ;) really confuse la me... :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

I've booked Concorde ballroom for my AD. Does anyone have any problems with them on AD or while dealing with them? for me, so far so good.but just that they are a bit slow e.g. drafting the agreement & mistakes in agreement which i had to ask them to change. ;)

please gimme some opinion on wat i shud pay attention to, and instructions that i have to give/tell them before my AD in order to make sure the AD run smoothly.

many many thanks :)

Had a charity dinner there in July this year. Food is nothing to shout about but do taste good. The pillar didn't quite bother me.

Deco is not impressive but it is charity dinner . Probably the organisation get discount. :P

just got back from a friend's wedding in concorde kl. food was ok. the low ceiling and pillars (alot) made the place looked cramp. didnt like the food presentation before the first course.

overall was ok.

hi,

nobody have wedding dinner at concorde ballroom recently? :unsure:

and, i've contacted my banquet manager..she told me they gonna have a minor reno. at the ballroom, foyer & concorde V. ;)

fyi :D

post-2063-1174574149_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1174574483_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1174574554_thumb.jpg all pillar hav 1 TV

new terms : min 40 table for ballroom.

mm...probably i will book Concorde too compared to Eastin, Concorde offer more things than Eastin !!

Thanks windyap for sharing the pics..when r all those pics taken?

Yong,

my AD will be on 9th June 2007 :) (juz around the corner) but anyway, i will only be meeting them to discuss on deco n such by end of this mth. food tasting was last 2 weeks. not bad,the portion was good :) their ballroom are under renovation now. xpected to be finish around mid may. (ngam-ngam make it for my wedding dinner) hehehe.