piggy

Concorde Hotel, K.L

hi ladies,

you guys can check out the packages they provide in their website: http://www.concorde.net/kl/

Cheers! :rolleyes:

thanks aspen..you pln to have your banquet here as well?

For those brides/groom that held the wedding here in year 2008, can you please share is the main lobby a bit pack during the pre cock tail?

earlier in this forum, someone reported the pre cocktail session is not very good as 2 ballroom and the restaurant had function together..anyone can comment on that?

thanks ya..

thanks aspen..you pln to have your banquet here as well?

For those brides/groom that held the wedding here in year 2008, can you please share is the main lobby a bit pack during the pre cock tail?

earlier in this forum, someone reported the pre cocktail session is not very good as 2 ballroom and the restaurant had function together..anyone can comment on that?

thanks ya..

Erm... it's true that 2 ballroom and the restaurant will be having function at the same time... but no one complaint that it's pack at the lobby area... maybe they have separated the cocktail session for these 3 events? I am not sure~ but based on the photos it looks quite good... I didn't see the guests of the other couples...hehehe~ see only my guests leh~

Don't worry lah~ you can't be worry too much...there are too many trivial things in a wedding...just take care of the big picture...the small details will flow smoothly~ :)

hi gals,

Just back from Concorde hotel..

the ball room seems ok..the pillars does not really block the guest view..

they can accomodate max 80 tables.

Package wise quite standard as per what we see in the website..

She din offer us much additional freebies..

Now, we are waiting for the AD date from the feng shui master..

then we can book from them..hopefully the place still available for our dates..

Btw, I took some photos of the ballroom ..so coincidence tomorrow there is a wedding banquet, they are decorating the place for tomorrow..

Do PM me if you would like to view the room ya..

Cheers

hi, my dinner will on 3 october 2009 ... is mid autumn festival ... nowa bit worry ... scared people not coming .... :huh:

Dun worry lah, just let your guests know months in advance, if they "pei min", they will come, if they don;t, dun bother. It's your wedding! Cannot worry so much about others.

Hi,

I just had my wedding reception at Xin Cuisine early Nov. I would like to share with my experience here with u. I've a happy experience with Concorde's, including the ambience, deco of the restaurant and the food as well. Me and hb were grateful that we have made a right choice to hold our wedding banquet at Concorde. We like the backdrop, the designer team have done a really great job as this is exactly what we wanted, simple and yet romantic, with those fairy lighting plus the our choice of cartoon characters. We have highlighted some of the comments from our relatives to the manager, and I'm glad with their iniatives to ask our comments on the food during the food tasting and after the dinner. Thumb up for the good service! :wub:

secretgarden,

congratulations!

how many tables did u have in the Xin restaurant? I went there for dinner b 4, it's a huge place.

I plan to have 20 tables.

Can u message me the quotation too? THanks

Hi, i just attended one of my staff's wedding at the hotel. If you ask me, the cocktail area was too small, especially with 2 weddings at one time. I mean, i could not tell where the drinks were served from. In fact, i was having cocktails meant for guest for the other ballroom, since my drinks at my staff's reception was just plain bad brandy.

As for the food, i think the quality has to improve; maybe it's because they chose the cheapest package. I think the only good aspect of it all is the service by the hotel staff. One hotel staff a table and very efficient.

secretgarden,

congratulations!

how many tables did u have in the Xin restaurant? I went there for dinner b 4, it's a huge place.

I plan to have 20 tables.

Can u message me the quotation too? THanks

Hi frostfrench,

i hv 26tables, they renovated the xin cuisine so alot more better now without those fish tanks....quotation for both restaurant and ballroom are the same, same goes to the food , is just that they only serve halal food in ballroom....my package is last year package, i need ur email address to send you the package....

Hello,

Anyone can PM me the quotation for 2009?

Thanks ya..

Er, dunno how to PM. but can forward to you. Gimme your e-mail add

Hi, pls send me the quotation as well. Thank you. my email: xinxinsguaiguai@gmail.com :)

Dear poisonspice,

Can you send me the quotation for 2009? Thank you. My email address: jetaimewan@gmail.com

Elaine

Anyone has photos for concorde V room for KL concorde? Please kindly share with me. Thanks!

Hello,

Anyone can PM me the quotation for 2009?

Thanks ya..

Er, dunno how to PM. but can forward to you. Gimme your e-mail add

Hi, pls send me the quotation as well. Thank you. my email: xinxinsguaiguai@gmail.com :)

Dear poisonspice,

Can you send me the quotation for 2009? Thank you. My email address: jetaimewan@gmail.com

Elaine

Hi, i just attended one of my staff's wedding at the hotel. If you ask me, the cocktail area was too small, especially with 2 weddings at one time. I mean, i could not tell where the drinks were served from. In fact, i was having cocktails meant for guest for the other ballroom, since my drinks at my staff's reception was just plain bad brandy.

As for the food, i think the quality has to improve; maybe it's because they chose the cheapest package. I think the only good aspect of it all is the service by the hotel staff. One hotel staff a table and very efficient.

yeah i have to agree, i went to visit the ballroom that one day, i was quite disappointed to see the foyer for cocktail session, pretty small; and low ceiling in the ballroom....pretty small space for 50tables n above i have to say...just like chinese restaurant, mayb some tai thung restaurants r even mo spacious...pillars quite alot, they have LCD screen on the pillars, so u can imagine somehow or someway they will block the view...just my 2 cents... :blush:

hi hi ... i will be having my wedding dinner in xin as well ... can i look at your actual day photo ? how many tables you have ?

thanks a lot ....

Hi all,

I just had my wedding dinner in Concorde recently and would like to share with all about the experience.

First of all, yes, I agree with Mr. Donny that the cocktail area is too small specially if there’s 3 weddings held at the same time (Xin Restaurant, Concorde Ballroom & Concorde V – the smaller ballroom).

I’m pretty happy with the overall setup of the ballroom (my wedding was in the main Ballroom), I believe couples who chose to have it in the main ballroom would have expected the pillar problem tho. However since there’s LCD TV every pillar, guests can still see what’s happening on stage (except for a few tables, depending on the angle guests are seated).

For my side, I have a few contradicting comments from different guests, seated at different tables. Eg., those seated in front gave good comments on food & service (as I understand from the Manager, they try to give 1 staff per table at the front, only towards the back is 1 staff to every 2-3 tables, depending on your table quantity). In fact, my cousin’s boyfriend way saying the wedding was well co-ordinated and perfect (which was out of my expectation). Those seated at the back were saying food was so so and service was pretty bad. But, those seated at the back for my husband’s side didn’t have much to complain. So do not put in heart if there were few negative comments coz there’s really no such a thing as perfect wedding ;) Minor hiccups here and there are pretty normal.

Bear in mind that nowdays, no matter wedding’s in hotel or restaurant, there’ll definitely be some foreign workers working as waiter / waitress if not all. So remember to highlight to the Manager your concern (eg. To be sure the waiters can speak and understand at least simple requests in English or make sure the waiters serve the liquor to every table or to ensure the waiters to not rush guests to finish their food as I’ve been to some weddings where the food was cleared before we’re done with it!!).

The Manager, Mei Ling was very nice, friendly, accommodating and patient with our needs and requirements (even down to the very last minute changes like vegetarian guests and baby chairs!). And having to co-ordinate all 3 weddings on that same night, she did a good job! :D

So despite some minor hiccups and a few negative comments here and there (from my side only), I’m pretty happy with the overall experience and had no regrets having my wedding dinner there :D

Hi, I m new here.

I plan to have a wedding dinner at xin restaurant. Can i have the actual day wedding photo at xin restaurant as well as in the foyer, please. :) Planing to have 20 tables

Please email me at this address. teapull@hotmail.com

Hi,

I am new in here. I just started my wedding inquiry at Concorde hotel.

Can anyone share some actual wedding dinner pictures with me(Xin Cuisine/Ballroom/Concorde V).

Many thanks.

regards,

Ryans

mings20boy@yahoo.com

hi,

i tried to call Concorde wedding planner since it's given in their website, i'm not sure why they are not answering the phone although i called for 2 days. The operator kept transfering my calls which i think they are bit rude. Anyhow, my Gf still insist me to keep trying to get their quotation. i would be glad if anyone would kindly send the quotation to my email.. batigolafa@yahoo.com

Andrew

hi,

i tried to call Concorde wedding planner since it's given in their website, i'm not sure why they are not answering the phone although i called for 2 days. The operator kept transfering my calls which i think they are bit rude. Anyhow, my Gf still insist me to keep trying to get their quotation. i would be glad if anyone would kindly send the quotation to my email.. batigolafa@yahoo.com

Andrew

hi you can email Mei Ling instead....she's a nice lady...

Chia Mei Ling

Catering Sales Manager

Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur

No 2, Jalan Sultan Ismail

50250 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : 603-21492604 / 012-2153690

Fax : 603-21452007

E-mail: meiling.chia@concorde.net

Just a comment. I attended a dinner there recently and I didn't like the place. The parking was far off from the hotel. Also, the main ballroom was right in front of the entrance. When we entered the hotel, we were wondering why there was so much noise. Then realised the ballroom was right there and ppl were at the cocktail lounge (which was small). Also, the ballroom had SO MANY PILLAR! we were sitting at the back right of the ballroom and not once we managed to look at the stage. Come to think about it, I still don't know where the stage is. There are little screens on the pillars but difficult to look at cos the screens were small. I don't know about you but I feel it's not a very ncie place for a wedding dinner. I had this place in mind previously but am glad I didn't take it. This is just a note for BTBs who are still choosing. Go to the ballroom and haev a look, preferably on a wedding night, so you know what you're paying for.