wegness

Marco Polo VS Royal China Restaurant

utama03, thanks.

anyone have can share the photo for Marco Polo with me? it is quite famous in KL? any menu can send to me?

how about the parking area? convenience? anyone can advise? or any other nice chinese restaurant can recommend to me. thanks in advance.

boon5548@yahoo.co.uk

before me and my hubby actually decided on which venue to book for our banquet, we shortlisted marco polo as one of our choices and we went there w my mum to try out the food first. the suckling piglet is really really superb. it's one of the main reasons why we sign up marco polo. plus it's also within our budget and no extra charges to pay compare to hotel. deco wise, i feel it's ok, and modern. since my banquet is near christmas, the captain also told me they will have a huge christmas tree on the stage as well...tot might as well we celebrate christmas early w everyone lo!!!

My family have been going to Marco Polo for many years for dinner because their food is really excellent. We liked the place so much, my brother's wedding banquet was in fact held there 3 years ago!

I planned to have my banquet there too for my wedding at the end of the year but since my fh and I started to look for a wedding banquet late, when we checked this place out, it was already full.

hi boon5548

marco polo is famous for good food but as for deco it varies from everyone taste lor. i find the rest modern and nice but my fren said so so only :P .

as for the menu you can check out my new reply. i guess parking is not a problem as the restaurant is surrounded by office blocks which have plenty of parking spaces during dinner time.

utama03, thanks.

anyone have can share the photo for Marco Polo with me? it is quite famous in KL? any menu can send to me?

how about the parking area? convenience? anyone can advise? or any other nice chinese restaurant can recommend to me. thanks in advance.

boon5548@yahoo.co.uk

Ijamie

Thanks. :)

Twinkle: If they have a small function room, they should be able to cater to that number. Royal China (Jalan Ampang, right opposite Citibank) has a function room caters up to 16 tables. ^.^

Thanks ljamie and mei.

ljamie: jst wondering do they include all the freebies (e.g invitation cards, chocolates etc) even the number of tables are only around 15? Thanks..

Was about to say all those too but someone beat me to it! XD

Jamie: You remember anything about the deco for Royal China?

I'm planning to avoid that issue by stationing my parents downstairs and myself & HB at the entrance of the function room. Hopefully they'll let me put up some nice boards at the main entrance itself. ^.^

hi all

i just had my wedding reception at Marco Polo last Sunday in their small hall. i received good comments about the food but majority of my guests commented the service sucks.... i guess it's bcos of the main hall wedding... all my guests felt neglected. so for those who plans to have your wedding reception there should reconsider again as they only give priority to the main hall!!! :lol:

Hi Jamie,

Sorry to hear about the poor service.

After reading what you girls have written above, I was thinking to check out this Marco Polo since I'll be having a small wedding reception too (around 10 - 12).

But your last post made me hesitate now. :)

Thank you for sharing so much info here.

Cheers,

Ashley

you are right... the main entrance very small...if got 2 couples and got many people coming at the same time then will be very crowded. marco polo better cos the main entrance quite spacious...

hum.... i get to know that royal china main entrance oso not that wide... 2 couples stand there inviting guese kinna wired..

BUT, if you able to take up all the table, then it will be fine rite? Kokuyo, what restaurant you suggest for a small banquet? You also looking for a small hall? Mebe you can try Tai Tong group located at wisma selangor dredging? BUT heard that quite popular and fully booked. when is ur wedding then?

Hi,

How was your wedding dinner? Could you please share me your dinner picture and any opinion or suggestion about this restaurant? How is the pricing? please email me at elvilim@gmail.com Thanks.

hi princessme

the contact no for marco polo is 2141 2233 or 2142 5595 :) i have booked the small hall for our wedding dinner on 16th sept 07. the hall is quite nice for a small and intimate wedding :)

Hi,

Do you finally find your wedding dinner location? I am looking for around 13-15 tables too. Pls. kindly inform if you have any idea on those restaurant or hotel you have been shopped around. Thanks.

hi ljamie

Jst wondering do they cater for small wedding dinner around 13-15 tables??

Dear all,

I have booked my wedding banquet at Marco Polo. Actually, my dear dear and I went to a couple of places to do a survey. However, due to our wedding day is super hot date 13 September 2008, almost all of the famous restaurants in KL/PJ area are fully booked. Lucky still managed to booked at Marco Polo, take the RM738 set dinner.

As what ljamie was mentioned earlier, everything is included and we do have the ice carving decoration at the main entrance. Captain Micky served us and we paid RM1000 as deposit. We do have a free table of dinner worth RM738 since we have booked the main hall which can accommodate 45 tables maximum.

Thank you!

Dear all,

I have booked my wedding banquet at Marco Polo. Actually, my dear dear and I went to a couple of places to do a survey. However, due to our wedding day is super hot date 13 September 2008, almost all of the famous restaurants in KL/PJ area are fully booked. Lucky still managed to booked at Marco Polo, take the RM738 set dinner.

As what ljamie was mentioned earlier, everything is included and we do have the ice carving decoration at the main entrance. Captain Micky served us and we paid RM1000 as deposit. We do have a free table of dinner worth RM738 since we have booked the main hall which can accommodate 45 tables maximum.

Thank you!

Could you please tell me which is the famous restaurant in PJ/KL that you have been to which you said is fully booked? Marco Polo is in my list too if I couldn't find others. I have less than 20 tables, really don't like to share the hall with others.

I celebrated my mom's birthday in Royal China, wanted to see how is the service there. If good, I will have it for my wedding. However, most of my guest they said not enough food too eat... we took the $700++ too, but most of my guest went to eat after the birthday's lunch. View is good, just too bad not enough food to eat. My FH said may be we should add one more dish.

Hi, there.

Does the Marco Polo restaurant has those pillars that blocked the view of the stage? What is the min no of tables to get the main hall?

hi all

i just had my wedding reception at Marco Polo last Sunday in their small hall. i received good comments about the food but majority of my guests commented the service sucks.... i guess it's bcos of the main hall wedding... all my guests felt neglected. so for those who plans to have your wedding reception there should reconsider again as they only give priority to the main hall!!! :angry:

hi ljamie

how's ur wedding reception at marco polo? mind to share with me some of your photos?

actually i've jst went there this afternoon. interested with the smaller hall since i have ard 15-20tables.

but i'm not very happy with the 2 pillars and the reception area at the entrance hall.

will it be crowded to have 2 receptions at the entrance hall? do you have any pics taken tht show the reception?

i have only 3 days time to make my decision :( thanks in advance!

dear ljamie

got ur link. thanx for sharing :)

the hall look much more nicer from the ur pics than actual place ler :blink:

hmm.... maybe tht time i went they din turn on all the lights gua? :P

and ur photographer is smart enuf to avoid the other couple's reception and guests, look like u own the whole entrance hall tht nite~