Hi ladies,

I'm now finding an easiest way to make candle, any idea how? is that difficult??

Where can I find the ingredient to make the candle?

Please share if you know how. :)

if is white candle then is easy. i always diy candle. it depands on wat shape of the candle you wan. let say we do a cone shape candle. use the cake paper to make a cone shape.

i just use those white candle selling outside, cut it in small. Then begin melting it in an appropriate can placed in a pot with boiling water.

after the candle is melts, if you wan to color the candle, you have to put the color now. Shave or break up bits of the wax coloring. It melts easier this way.

then pour the hot wax into the cone. Let it stand for 2 hr to completely harden. remove the cake paper.

elaine,

it seems to be easy ..

I have few questions.

1. Cake paper? What do you mean by cake paper? use for baking cake?

2. White candle - you mean the normal type that can find in any shop? ok, that is easy.

3. What is wax coloring? Where can I find it?

If I can get all the ingredient I will give it a try. :) Thanks for your information.

elaine,

it seems to be easy ..

I have few questions.

1. Cake paper? What do you mean by cake paper? use for baking cake?

2. White candle - you mean the normal type that can find in any shop? ok, that is easy.

3. What is wax coloring? Where can I find it?

If I can get all the ingredient I will give it a try. :) Thanks for your information.

1. yes, use the baking cake paper. or if others shape u can use others material to make the shape. but make sure the material can easy to remove.

2. you can find it in any shop. just the normal one.

3. you can use crayon. just cut small part of it enough.

elaine,

thanks for the information. :)

ahh .. is that the normal crayon and used by the children?

If I wanna make 6cm x 15cm (height) I wonder how many normal candle I nid and oso for the crayon.

elaine,

thanks for the information. :)

ahh .. is that the normal crayon and used by the children?

If I wanna make 6cm x 15cm (height) I wonder how many normal candle I nid and oso for the crayon.

beautifulgown, it just normal crayon u mention. for the color, it depands on how u wan the color to be. just a little enough. when u put the crayon inside, u will c the color infact oledi.

actually u can do it different color in layer. example first layer you do the blue color, then let it dry first only do the second layer with different color follow by others.

Urm...just to clarify - cake pan is known as baking paper or greaseproof paper. Easier for members to find. :P

BG, crayon is wax based, hence that's why elaine suggested that you try it out.

Elaine & Mei,

Thanks for all the information. I will give it a try, if successful then I will DIY the rest of candles for our annual dinner use :)

It sounds easy .. I hope I will be able to make it.

Ahh .. how can the baking paper can hold the melted candle?? We don't need a candle mould?

I plan to use the mineral bottle as the mould, do you think is good ah? :P the 500ml mineral bottle is the right size that they want.

Elaine & Mei,

Thanks for all the information. I will give it a try, if successful then I will DIY the rest of candles for our annual dinner use :)

It sounds easy .. I hope I will be able to make it.

Ahh .. how can the baking paper can hold the melted candle?? We don't need a candle mould?

I plan to use the mineral bottle as the mould, do you think is good ah? :P the 500ml mineral bottle is the right size that they want.

beautiful gown,

Have you tried making the candles by yourself?

I wonder how it is suppose to be done? What do we use to melt the candle wax? And, after pouring into the cake/baking paper, how to retrieve the candle? I wonder if it is possible to use seashells and make the shape?

But, I'm just thinking how I can take out the candle after completion. And, when do I put the candle wick/string in?

Cheers if anyone can guide me on this.

Lamby,

sigh <_< till now I still don't have the courage to try candle DIY.

I found some good video at youtube but it looks like the steps are quite complicated :blink: I don't think I wanna try until I found an easy method.

[

beautiful gown,

Have you tried making the candles by yourself?

I wonder how it is suppose to be done? What do we use to melt the candle wax? And, after pouring into the cake/baking paper, how to retrieve the candle? I wonder if it is possible to use seashells and make the shape?

But, I'm just thinking how I can take out the candle after completion. And, when do I put the candle wick/string in?

Cheers if anyone can guide me on this.

lamby, you can use metal (tin) container to melt the candle wax. Melt it under small fire or else the wax will spatter. When retriving the candle, the baking paper will come off the mold together with the candle. You just have to tear away the baking paper.

fluene,

it sounds easy .. <_< I always don't have the courage to try it.

Maybe I should look for the wax then later to find the suitable tin or 'accessories' for this project.

fluene,

it sounds easy .. <_< I always don't have the courage to try it.

Maybe I should look for the wax then later to find the suitable tin or 'accessories' for this project.

fluene/beautifulgown,

Ya, I agree. It certainly sounds easy. But, I guess will hv to buy many tin cans and mould tins to contain the candle if I want to make 350 pcs? I wonder how long it will take. :( Anyway, will keep searching. Of course, I reckon the best way is also to search ard see if I can find any ideal gifts.

Headache now. The place FH & I booked is not offering any table gifts.

wat kind of candle you wan to make? is smth like transparents or normal?

hi, can anyone tell me where i can find those material to make transparents candle?

i bought a scented candle from ikea with d clear glass holder. but still got space left in between d round candle & d holder. so tot add in some small sea shell (or wire) in it & pour in d transparent candle.

but until now dunno where i can find d material.

anyone can help?

thank you so much!! :rolleyes:

so complicated until i dont have mood to follow the steps anymore hahaha :D

sorry tsukushi, but i think it will be cheaper if we just bought it. maybe i'm those lazy pig.. :P

the process maybe simple, but how about the materials?

my colleague told me, just melt the plain color candle (let say white) then add in the color you want before to pour into another mould. ahhh .. I never try alto it sounds easy.

a colleague of mine DIY her wedding favors.. small glass with shells and beads then she poured in the gel candle wax in.. very nice..

http://www.webindia123.com/craft/candle/gel.htm

tsukushi

thanks for the link. actually i got the steps already.

my issue now is i dont know where to find the "gel/crystal/transparent" candle material.

:unsure: