Sign in to follow this  
Lilian

Chocolate cake

hi all, i like chocolate cake very much. but i have tried lots of recipi, i still can't find the one which is nice & soft & wet. i used to bake the very dry chocolate cke

butter & chocolate cake are my favourite. i got the nice recipi for butter cake but not chocolate.

can anyone suggest the one who is soft & wet?

hi Lilian,

maybe u should try the chocolate moist cake from www.kuali.com

the chocolate cake is rich and moist very nice :)

Lilian, when trying to make chocolate cake, maybe you can add a little bit more butter and milk (like a few tablespoons) to the recipe than what is written - butter makes your cake more fragrant and milk adds moisture. Try not to overbake it or bake it at very high temp - high temperature tends to dry out your cake.

I'll try to dig out my recipe books for a nice chocolate cake recipe.

Here's another steamed chocolate cake recipe.. http://recipesforkeeps.blogspot.com/2007/0...-chocolate.html Not sure if it's moist I have not tried it before... But it says steamed instead of baking.. May want to give it a try?

flourless chocolate cake...i have tried it...its easy to make and its really rich

4 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter

3/4 cup sugar

3 large eggs

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus additional for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of wax paper and butter paper.

Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until smooth. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well. Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.

I googled for steamed cake cos I only have a steamer and I used the same recipe jandann posted up last time and I must say its super moist and soft!

I didn't make the topping though.

Here's the chocolate cake I made with some adjustments

3/4 bar of butter (1 bar= 250g)

1/2 cup of castor sugar

1/2 can of Full Cream Evaporated Milk (about 200g)

2 Eggs,lightly beaten with a folk

1 cup of Plain flour

1/2 cup of Semi Sweet chocolate chips, melted

1/2 tsp Baking powder

1/2 tsp Baking soda

1 tsp Vanilla essence

img13611.jpg

img13711.jpg