janislac

Coloured contact lenses

hmm.. why not try a few days before and see how u find it.. It took me about a week to fully adapt to contacts..

As for coloured lenses hor.. sometimes you will see colours surrounding your pupils.. den your vision will be kind of not so clear..

Alluring and define is more for those people who have small pupils or not dark.. I tried once but not much difference.. Should make those enormous 1.. den I will look like a doll. :P

Normal lense : Me using Bosh and Lomb (monthyly disposable)

Colour : Fresh Look (Grey)

I find that colour lense tend to be a little more dryer than normal lense

I'm using Acuvue Clear (monthly disposal) for years and found it very suitable for my eyes.

And for coloured lenses, dun dare to wear because i afraid i will looks weird and funny :P

athena..

yupe..had mine last friday. luckily i wore my contacts or i wouldnt b able to c the photographer's examples of posing..hehe. my power very high, i'm practically blind...

overall it was fun lor. i like the MUA, frenly n i can feel dat she realy takes pride in wat she does. saw a lot of effort from her to touch up my face lor. as for the photographer, he's professional ler. not say extremely fun type but do know how to crack a joke or 2 to lighten things up. but his assistant (a young guy) is realy funny. so we had a rather good time.

but i hv not seen the photos yet so cant comment on the outcome..wil keep u gals posted.

Read this article last Saturday.

Sharp rise in fungal eye infections among contact lens users

By Margaret Perry, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : Hospitals and eye centres are reporting more cases of fungal eye infections among contact lens users.

This has resulted in three patients undergoing urgent corneal transplants to save their sight.

Twenty-two patients suffered from infections of the cornea, a transparent window covering the eye.

Previous infections related to contact lens use were caused by bacteria and were easier to treat.

But fungal infections can have adverse visual consequences if diagnosed and treated late.

All the patients used disposable soft contact lenses and 21 of the 22 reported using Bausch and Lomb's ReNu multipurpose contact lens solution to clean them.

The Health Sciences Authority has notified Bausch and Lomb of the association with ReNu multi-purpose contact lens solution.

The infections are caused by the Fusarium fungus species.

The Singapore National Eye Centre has treated 19 patients for the infection since May 2005.

Changi General Hospital reported three new cases this week.

The Ministry of Health and the Contact Lens Practitioners Board have alerted doctors and medical practitioners to be on the look out for potential fungal infections of the cornea and to refer the lens user to an ophthalmologist early.

Contact lens users are reminded to practise proper contact lens cleaning and care regimens, to not use disposable contact lenses beyond their recommended disposal period and to replace contact lens storage cases at least every three months.

Multi-purpose solution in the lens storage case must be changed every day, even if the lenses are not used daily.

Users should stop wearing the lenses if they develop any redness, blurring of vision or pain of the eye and visit a doctor or contact lens practitioner. - CNA /ct

athena

MUA = vinnie

PG = Ah Foong but if u wan a fun younger PG, can try Sam. coz he was doin for another couple (Same time as mine) n they seem to hv lots of fun...

it's better for us not to wear color contact lens, one of my colleague had a bad experience. she wore the color contact lens and one day her eyes were having problems, and the doc said she can't wear any contact lens anymore. feel pity for her cos she has to wear glasses everyday :(

hi all,

I think i must be one of the few ppl who has tried almost every brand of normal contact lenses. Most of them are just too too dry for my eyes.

However, good news to those who have similar problems as me (i.e dry eyes).... 2 weeks ago i bought another brand... Medivue and touch wood, so far so good. It's suitable for my eyes and i can actually wear it for 8 hours straight without any problems. No need to even put eye drops during that 8 hours.

niq.

Boash & Lomb COntact Lense solution under investigation... Dun use it!

Contact lens solution under investigation

Centre for Health Protection

The Centre for Health Protection will investigate a possible link between Baush & Lomb's ReNu multipurpose contact lens solution and fungal keratitis cases, following the recent increase in the number of such cases in Singapore.

More Baush & Lomb's contact lens solutions will also be tested for fungus and other microbes.

The centre said so far seven cases of fungal corneal infections were reported in Singapore earlier this year. All of them are contact lens users. According to the Singapore Ministry of Health, of 19 affected people identified since May last year, 18 used Bausch & Lomb's ReNu multipurpose contact lens solution.

The centre's investigations last year revealed some local fungal keratitis patients had also recalled using Bausch & Lomb's contact lens solution.

The company said the incident was not attributable to the product. Sterility tests by the centre for samples of the products bought from local market were also negative for fungal infections.

In Hong Kong, the number of fungal kertitis cases admitted to public hospitals has remained stable in the past six months, with a monthly average of two to three cases.

The public should clean and disinfect their contact lens properly. Doctors will be alerted about the situation and asked to look out for fungal keratitis infections.

source http://www.news.gov.hk/en/category/healtha...0218en05006.htm

I'm a 'sei ngan mui' since secondary school. My BS advised me to use contact lense during PS. They ask me to try using dark brown lenses instead of transparent ones as it will make my eyes to look 'bigger, shinier and more refreshed'.

Has anyone got any experience with coloured contact lense? Which is the most comfortable brand?

Please share share ya.....

Arigatoo..... :P

pepper

i heard lots of negative effect about colored contact lens, last week only the sunday times reported about the colored contact lens.

so for the safe side, dont use any colored contact lens. if you really wanna try u can try johnson and johnson. but i have not used before

pepper:

I have worn colored contact lenses for a few years now, and was using the regular contacts in the beginning. I think the biggest difference that I felt between the two is that with the colored ones, you will notice a band of color around the peripheral of your vision initailly. I was quite uncomfortable in the begining, but the "band of color" quickly disappeared once I got used to it. It's kinda like a built-in sunshade, I suppose.

I think the problem was that in Malaysia, the optometrists do not measure the distance between your eyes or the diameter of your cornea when you go for checkups. In US, they are very strict, and in fact, you cannot purchase any glasses/contacts without in prescription.

I have not heard of any negative effects of colored contact lenses.

Thanks cutiepiggie and fusionista for sharing your views.

Fusionista, which brand of coloured lens did u used? How long did u take to get used to the "band of color'?

Thanks...

pepper:

I bought Freshlook. They have the new colorblends now and these will not look too drastic when you put them on. You can try the samples at the optical store (no power).

just wondering will we look "fake" when when we put on the color lenses? other wise, what color should i try so that i wouldn't look too "fake".

personally, i've tried shades of blu, green and brown. I'm quite tanned and the green just looks horrible on me. If you're fairer it might work

The blue, you can't really tell because our base eye color is so dark. Under the light, you can see a hint of blue.

The brown is the most natural, and if you have brown/light brown highlights this will really make ur eyes pop.

My sister tried grey and it give you a very mesmerizing look. It's nice too...

Try some on at the optical store. They don't charge for u to put on the sample in store. Else, you can buy singles and wear them for a few weeks to see if you like them. No long term commitment :P

I'm a 'sei ngan mui' since secondary school. My BS advised me to use contact lense during PS. They ask me to try using dark brown lenses instead of transparent ones as it will make my eyes to look 'bigger, shinier and more refreshed'.

Has anyone got any experience with coloured contact lense? Which is the most comfortable brand? 

Please share share ya.....

Arigatoo..... :P

Dear 'sei ngan mui' :P ,

I am a full time contact lense wearer since college. I have tried several coloured contact lenses too.

If you want to best with natural colour, go for the Freshlook by Ciba Vision colourblends range. But hor, the short fall is its not so comfortable. And vision wise might be distorted. As the centre hole is considered small to make it natural look, it might cover partial of your iris. So your vision might be affected a bit.

But for comfort wise, go for Biomedics colourlens. But it doesn't have the 3 tone like colourblend range. But it still look ok.

If you want to make your eyes really big, there are few brands (non coloured lense) that you wear make your eye balls bigger. But in Malaysia hor...those brands are not comfortable and quite fake.

If you can, go to Spore and get Acuvue enhance. Its very natural and its selling very well there.

Only Acuvue Enhance has one day daily wear for this kind of lenses. (One day throw a pair). Whereas the rest of the colour lens its one month wear only, no doubt the people can ask you wear for 3 months.

I would prefer the daily wear because germs will be around the lenses when you open and soak in the solution even though you are not wearing it so frequently. For eyes sake, take the one day modality, since there is no spare parts for our eyes. Also next time you can keep it until the next function then you can take out second brand new pair.

Hope I can help some with the info above ;)

hi all,

A slight diversion from coloured contact lenses. I'm currently experimenting using contact lenses cause all this while I've been using specs. I find that my eyes get dry very fast... anyone of u got advise on how to keep my eyes moist ah? Besides always putting drops cause i don't want to have to keep doing that for my AD.

niq

Sorry to say some people suffering from dry eye symdrome not encourage to use contact lenses. Only specs is the best.......unless occasional use and have to put eye lubricant at all times.

There is no cure for dry eyes symdrome. Its because they produce less tear than normal people.Only have to put eye drops all the time. I have a fren who is like that.

that does not sound good for me..... looks like I'll have to live with putting eye drops constantly during my AD.

niq