juicehoney

Culinary Creations: Meat Wanted!

[Mei's note] This thread is for any meaty recipes and includes baked pies, casseroles, stews as well as stir-fries.

Since got suggestion to split to few categaries as in Culinery Creation is too "chap ba-rang"

So can i start this 1st? :)

Braised Pork Belly With Konnyaku

For 3-4 persons

Ingredients:

1 tbsp oil

500g pork belly, cut into thick slices,

5 pip garlic

2 blocks fried bean curd cut into pieces

1 carrot, peeled and cut into pieces

1 packet konnyaku shreds

600ml water

Seasoning:

3 tbsp light soya sauce

1 tbsp oyster

1/2 tsp sugar

2 stalks spring onion, cut into short strips

Method:

1.Heat up oil and pan-fry pork belly until fragrant.Add in garlic and stir fry till aromatic.

2.Add the remaining ingredients, seasoning and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 40mins.

3.Lastly add in spring onion and stir well. Dish up and serve hot

PICT7425.jpg

I cooked this on weekend bcos need to simmer long ma. Forgot to buy bean curd and spring onion.

Yet still turn out nice :P Hb said so geh. haha..

I cut away most of the belly, so tat hb wont eat alot of belly, he is getting fat lor!Hope u all will like it too la :lol:

p/s: Konnyaku is a marvellous health food in Japan. It does not have fat, it is rich in dietary fibre and is low in calories. Moreover, it has recently been found that it normalises the level of cholesterol, prevents high blood pressure and normalises the level of sugar in the blood. Because of these scientific findings, it has been perceived as a excellent health food in Japan.

DSC_0493a-1.jpg

DSC_0479a-1.jpg

Pranzo per uno

How it was prepared..

Ingredient (measurement - depending on mood and taste)

- Lambs (enough for 1 or 2)

- Conchiglie (shell pasta)

- Mixed vege

- Butter

- Potato

- Marinating ingredient - BBQ sauce, Mustard sauce, Honey, Olive oil, black pepper and XO (:P leftovers from the wedding)

- salt and pepper to taste

- Basil

Main dish

Grilled Lamb

1) Marinate lamb with marinating ingredient for 2-3 hrs

2) Add butter and grill/pan fried for 7-10 mins

3) Dish the lamb out but save the sauce/pan residue first

Conchiglie pasta salad

1) Add conchiglie pasta once water is boiled

2) Add mixed vege after 5 mins

3) Drain water and dump into the grilled lamb sauce.

4) Add XO/water/wine to deglaze pan.

5) Toast and then serve

Side order

Roasted potato with basil and garlic

1) Peel and parboiled potato (with a bit of salt in the water)

2) Put in roasting pan, toast with a bit of olive oil, a dash of salt&pepper, and basil and garlic. Add honey to glaze..

3) Roast for 15 mins.

Char Siew

After seeing others char siew , i oso made mine..

Served like this to hb.. like back to long long time ago... :D

Hb said nice , juz abit hard, but i like it to be like this wor.. wat about u all? :P

PICT7501.jpg

allyson, nice grilled lamb eh, very moist and looks so tender..yummy. Cant let FH see that pic, he'll bug me to cook it... which is a no-no now... on diet :P

jandan, pretty chicken chop!! R those couscous as side dish? I love chicken chop.... but currently it's off-limit la...

tainhui, mouth-watering curry chicken..... you blended ur own spices? I cooked curry 3 times before... all also using those supermarket pre-packed instant spices... hehe... lazy..

juicehoney, yummy-fatty charsiew you have there..... for me, cos i dun eat those fat layers of meat.... so i normally bake lean charsiew... the meat will still a bit tender... cos FH dunlike dry n hard charsiew... prefer just the outside a bit hard... then inside still soft..

juicehoney, you char siew looks very yummy! Charred on the outside and fatty! You mean the outside is a bit hard?

bunny, yeap it's cous cous. My FH must have carbo on the side so cooked him cous cous. I just had the chicken chop and vege.

hi allyson,

ur dish look great...

slurrrp...

Love the font on ur pics, can share w me ? my email is mel_candy@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!!!

DSC_0493a-1.jpg

DSC_0479a-1.jpg

Pranzo per uno

How it was prepared..

Ingredient (measurement - depending on mood and taste)

- Lambs (enough for 1 or 2)

- Conchiglie (shell pasta)

- Mixed vege

- Butter

- Potato

- Marinating ingredient - BBQ sauce, Mustard sauce, Honey, Olive oil, black pepper and XO ( :P leftovers from the wedding)

- salt and pepper to taste

- Basil

Main dish

Grilled Lamb

1) Marinate lamb with marinating ingredient for 2-3 hrs

2) Add butter and grill/pan fried for 7-10 mins

3) Dish the lamb out but save the sauce/pan residue first

Conchiglie pasta salad

1) Add conchiglie pasta once water is boiled

2) Add mixed vege after 5 mins

3) Drain water and dump into the grilled lamb sauce.

4) Add XO/water/wine to deglaze pan.

5) Toast and then serve

Side order

Roasted potato with basil and garlic

1) Peel and parboiled potato (with a bit of salt in the water)

2) Put in roasting pan, toast with a bit of olive oil, a dash of salt&pepper, and basil and garlic. Add honey to glaze..

3) Roast for 15 mins.

One question o, if i don't have microwave at home is there any way for me to cook char siew?

Appreciate if anyone can give me some tips or idea how can I cook char siew without microwave. Kam sia Kam sia.

Bunny- duno y la, when i see still not turn to a bit dark ,my mind will think like, is it cooked? :P 1st time make so i juz try with this small portion of pork with belly . next time i shall use lean meat d.. :D Do u put the red colour liquid for colouring, my hb not allow me to ...

Jandann - ur chicken chop is delicious too.Is tat pan fry/ deep fry ? and i see it was not as oily as i think , i duno how to fry all this which i will feel so oily la. So i hardly deep fry .. but got one recepi is fry some rice .. i will try and share with u all .BTW, wats cous cous?

Dreams- err... not use owen meh, microwave can? i used my small owen one..

And i use induction cooker oso got a function: Roast .. neva knw it will works cos i've neva try la :P

Or else BBQ? use charcoal? hehe, looks like not practical hor :D

juicehoney,

U roast d whole charsiew strip... when it's done, then u slice it right? But if you like it hard+dark but ur Fh likes it less hard n more moist, maybe when u roast, divide d charsiew into 2 strips... then you can first remove ur FH's portion like 10-15minutes earlier. As for choosing d meat, FH insists those fatty belly meat wud taste better...cos got fatty layers... but for his health, i only will use lean meat now.... I'm thawing some pork ribs... will bake charsiew pork ribs tonight.... I didnt use colourings for the charsiew... nowadays im very concerned abt health... so trying to be as healthy as i could... Hm, but normally when d charsiew almost done, i brush a lil bit of honey.. n roast 3-5mins like that.... *yummy*

Today's lunch.... ran out of brown rice... so have to use white rice which i'd normally only use for porridge..

Stirfry fish slices with ginger and spring onions

fish1.jpg

Tonight's simple dinner..... changed menu from pork ribs to Charsiew..

Charsiew with dry noodles

charsiew.jpg

Bunnyangel,

nice oh .. now you make me wanna eat kolo mee la!! :lol: the Stirfry fish slices with ginger and spring onions also nice, I like fish, regardless how they cook I just love it :)

OH MY!!! feels like i just walked into a forum of top class chefs!! :)

allyson,

the lamb looks perfect!! and your photo skills are getting better and better :)even the potatoes and the pasta looks great!

juicehoney,

when u say konnyaku, u mean those jelly? can make braised pork belly one ah? wow, interesting :)

I like the char siew... and i sure like the way u present it. wow... the layers of lean and fat meat is just right... sorry, i think i should mind my manners- DROOLLING AGAIN!!!Can teach me how to make those char siew? purrr leeeaaaseeeeee. :)

jandann,

I like the chicken chop too :) I luv it esp with the mushroom sauce- my fav! :)

tainhui,

nice chicken dishes :) ichi ban with a bowl of warm white rice hmmmmmm

Bunnyangel,

the fish slices looks tender and nice :) what fish you used? :) I like this dish but a lot of stalls not able to make it nicely in slices, always turn out scrambled :P

The char siew and noodle combination is definately a mouth watering one

you girls are superb la! :)

I always view these culinary webbie with so much excitement! :) Thansk everyone :) you girls' dishes brightens up my day :lol:

Beautifulgown, i also lurvvvee fish. In fact, we have fish for dinner everynight... n it's owes steam fish as it's healthier. Today's my 1st attempt stirfrying fish :)

Zunzhine, thanks for d compliments. I dunno what fish is that though :P When i go buy fish from d market, i will just tell d lady there that i need fish fillets for porridge/stirfry. She will explain to me the types of fish and the best way to cook them.... eh, but i always forgot d names of the fillets, cos no head n tails... hard for me to see what fish is that, hehe. But everynight, we eat steam sekban(me+FH love this most), n sumtimes bakchong and red-fish.

juicehoney, that chicken chop is pan fried. I don't like to deep fry cause it uses too much oil and very unhealthy. Couscous is grounded pasta. Very easy to prepare and goes with almost anything!

Bunny, your char siew looks good! Very moist and juicy! Your stirfry fish slices looks yummy too! Did you coat the fish with anything before frying?

ZZ, I love mushroom sauce too! Cooked steak with wild mushroom sauce the next day cause my FH was craving for steak.

steak.jpg

jandan, the stirfry fish was my 1st attempt, just marinated with small amount of salt&pepper and a bit cornflour in d fridge for 1 1/2hour before cooking it. Using non-stick wok... so used very lil oil only, healthier ma.. im a health freak right now :P Wow.. ur steak looks delicious eh.... the asparagus looks very green n fresh... never eaten asparagues before.... how does it taste? Crunchy? Soft? Very heavy vege taste ah?

beautifulgown, ya ya, steam fish is so easy, and yummy! And here in sabah, we get very-fresh fish everyday, so d fish flesh r very tender & smooth when it's steamed. I only fried fish 3 times before, the first 2 times i did.. the fish ended up without skin... skin stuck to d pan... haha... i called it botak fish. The last time i fried, very nice.. crispy outside, juicy n moist inside. But still, i prefer steaming my fish :) Ya, n frying fish is scary... d oil will splatter... bi-bi-bak-bak.... like firecrackers.. :P

ljamie, ur chicken dish look very appetising to me... i love sweet n sour dish... makes me so wanna have more rice with it :)

bunnyangel,

I never dare to try to fried :( the hot oil is scary!!

Only if FH came to my rent house then he will fry for me or else .. I will just go for steam fish. My mum is teochew so we are used to teochew style and I like teochew style too :)

twinklestar,

I like sui kow, but sometime I ask FH to fry it then prepare the tomato gravy .. yum yum!

ok .. I'm here to share what FH cooked for yesterday lunch :)

1. Tomato Sauce Chicken. Actually he just plan to plain fried then I said not nice :P so he use tomato sauce to prepare the gravy.

tomatochicken.jpg

2. Vege, I don't know what is the proper English name for this vege, but I like it :)

mangkuang.jpg

ZZ: here is how Konyaku looks like, i duno how to explain so i snap pict for u to see. can buy fr hypermarket lor.. I think oso got those like dry type like Dong Fun

PICT7552140608.jpg