juicehoney

Culinary Creations: Meat Wanted!

Actually b4 see Bunny's Ginger and Onion Fish, I was thinking to make oso ..hehe,, Bunny we got "Sam Ling Sion Tong" ! So I do another type:

Baked Dory With Jap Taufu

PICT7529130608.jpg

opps , all covered by taufu la. :P

PICT7531130608.jpg

Look and taste like steam fish

PICT7532130608.jpg

Marinate fillet with salt, cooking wine and pepper for 10 mins.

Wrap with aluminium foil and bake for 20 mins with 250 deg.

I put too much lemon juice to it after taken out fr owen, the sauce taste sour, next time should minus a bit. For sure got ginger and spring onion la :lol: Kinda healthy bcos less oil.. :)

Juicehoney,

Thanks for going thru the trouble to show me what's konyaku, now I know.. thanks so much :)

ZZ: here is how Konyaku looks like, i duno how to explain so i snap pict for u to see. can buy fr hypermarket lor.. I think oso got those like dry type like Dong Fun

PICT7552140608.jpg

BG, I have been craving for sui kow and soup.. Tats why made it for lunch during weekend.. I love the fried sui kow type as well.. Yum yum.. Btw, ur HB sure know how to cook lots of nice dishes.. So 'hang fook'.. :)

Bunny, thanks! Asparagus does taste very green and it's a bit crunchy.

BG, that tomato sauce chicken looks so yummy! What other seasonings your FH put besides tomato sauce for the gravy?

twinklestar,

luckily FH can cook, if depend on me .. hahahah .. sorry lah :P

your sui kow makes me wanna eat fried kow with tomato sauce lah :D

jandann,

ahhh .. I don't know what else he put, as he never allow me to enter kitchen while he is there, so I just stay inside the room, enjoy the aircon and astro show :D

ZZ: U r welcome :)

Yeah!!! we got new cooking kaki join here how --> Tigercap26! :lol:

Yo one soup sui kow, one fried sui kow, both oso looks so delicious la, I wan make mine too ! But all my mince meet go for this liow, next week la.

Salted Egg Steam Mince Pork :P

PICT7579.jpg

opps cant see pork... the yellowish layer is Ham Dan white ma...

PICT7580.jpg

K , now can see..

Hb asked:" Wat is tat, so cute one?" I said :" Ham Dan la!"

Hb asked :" Wow, u cooked my Ham Dan liow ah?" Actually he wanted to boil the Ham Dan, eat with rice wor.. He said cook like this so "wasted" la, cant really taste the Ham Dan, faint.. ;)

My long overdue postings, would go through the rest after I've uploaded the pics. It's good to be back to MB!!

Chicken Nuggets

DSC04636.jpg

Thai Fried Siakap

DSC04655.jpg

Tofu with chinese sausage and mushrooms

DSC04705.jpg

Chicken in Plum sauce

DSC04710.jpg

Chicken Fajita wrapped in tortilla wrap

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8192.jpg

mummyally,

Its good to see you here, where have you been ah?? :)

I like your chicken nuggets .. it looks so yummy la, ahhh .. are you just using plain flour or any special flour to coat the chicken?

I also like your tofu with chinese sausage and mushrooms .. nice nice

f_08chickenwings.jpg

This was from Kuali website.

DSCN2568.jpg

And this is mine! :P

This is my coca cola chicken that I cooked on Tuesday (17/6/08). The original recipe is as follows:

Ingredients

# ½ a chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces

# 5 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and halved

# 5 slices ginger

# 2 stalks spring onion

# 1 tbsp rock sugar

# 125ml light soy sauce

# 1 can (325ml) Coca-Cola

# ½ tsp salt

# ½ tsp sesame oil

Method

Combine chicken, mushrooms, ginger, spring onion, rock sugar and light soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.

Add Coca-Cola, salt and sesame oil and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until gravy is reduced. Serve immediately.

For me, I didn't put mushroom and spring onion. I used 2 chicken thighs and I have added more sugar because the gravy is too salty and after simmer for about 1/2 hour, I added corn flour to thickening the gravy.

My MIL, SIL & HB said very delicious! :P :D

Tiger,

I think your cola chicken is more gravvy :P but I like it lah.

eee .. I should get FH to try this recipe. It looks nice lah .. I just ate my breakfast but now I fee hungry la .. hahaha :D

f_08chickenwings.jpg

This was from Kuali website.

DSCN2568.jpg

And this is mine! :P

This is my coca cola chicken that I cooked on Tuesday (17/6/08). The original recipe is as follows:

Ingredients

# ½ a chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces

# 5 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and halved

# 5 slices ginger

# 2 stalks spring onion

# 1 tbsp rock sugar

# 125ml light soy sauce

# 1 can (325ml) Coca-Cola

# ½ tsp salt

# ½ tsp sesame oil

Method

Combine chicken, mushrooms, ginger, spring onion, rock sugar and light soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.

Add Coca-Cola, salt and sesame oil and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until gravy is reduced. Serve immediately.

For me, I didn't put mushroom and spring onion. I used 2 chicken thighs and I have added more sugar because the gravy is too salty and after simmer for about 1/2 hour, I added corn flour to thickening the gravy.

My MIL, SIL & HB said very delicious! :P :D

BG,

Yeap.. mine was more gravy because after simmer for 1/2 hour still got gravy and the meat started to become lembik, so I quickly thickening the gravy and simmer for another 2 to 3 mins. Then the gravy looked like honey, sticked to the meat and it was really looked nice.

I was really scared because I was doing it for 1st time and my SIL was in our house. Luckily it turned out to be good and delicious. :)

Mummy: wow! Suddenly alot of nice food! The Taufo hor, how u pour out from the box so nice ? mine i owes make them hancur one :P I knw need to use small knife to cut around the box so tat it wnt stick to the box, but mine ah, the bottom one use to stick to the box wor...The chicken wrap, share recipe pls !!

Tiger: Y i dun see mushroom in the Kuali pict oso geh?Very easy hor, maybe i will try with pork rib.. :D And can u share the filling of ur Sui Kow? put mince pork n prawn rite?

Btw let me show u all some mushroom dish : Yong Mushroom :D

PICT7589.jpg

Fish paste + mince pork, seasoning and "yong" inside mushroom.. Steam for 10 mins, serve hot.

I lazy to prepare gravy and nothing to decor la, juz put some tomato sauce & spring onion :D

Tiger,

I believe it tasted nice, actually I prefer to have gravy, can mix with rice ma .. yum yum leh :)

I will send the recipe to FH and see whether he wants to try this weekend :P

Stan,

Mushroom ah? mmm .. why I don't see the mushroom? you know it looks like ha mai to me, it looks delicious lah!!

juicehoney,

for the fried sui kow filling, I used "sheung yok" (pork - dunno which part but the meat will mixed with some fats), prawn, carrots, sengkuang or water chestnut. Chop the meat for about 15 mins or till it looks like minced meat. Cut the prawn into 3 to 4 pcs. As for carrots & sengkuang or water chestnut, cut it into small size. Mixed everything together, add sugar & salt and lastly sesame oil. Put into the fridge for about an hour or 2. That's it.

BG: Neh.. Hitam hitam one at bottom are black mushrooms lor..terbalik ma ..how u think on ha mai (dry shrimp) pulak, im wondering, dun even have ha mai similar colour thingy there la hahaha :lol:

Tiger: thanks.. the pork no need to chop till really like mince meat done by machine one ah (bcos i owes buy those ready mince meat ma :P ) Ah, now oni i knw need to put inside fridge for 2hrs 1st, if yong yau fu hor, we use to prepare the filing n "yong" rite away ma :)

Tiger: thanks.. the pork no need to chop till really like mince meat done by machine one ah (bcos i owes buy those ready mince meat ma :P ) Ah, now oni i knw need to put inside fridge for 2hrs 1st, if yong yau fu hor, we use to prepare the filing n "yong" rite away ma :)

The pork, my MIL used to blend with blender but not nice loh. After mixed everything put in the fridge is sort of marinate it mah with salt, sugar and sesame oil. Some ppl will put black fungus "mok yue". I thought of put that also but forgotten.. keke..

twinklestar,

nvm if it is not nice looking as long as it tastes nice :)

I remember my SIL's pau also not look like pau .. heheh :D but the taste is nice.

So far I don't have interest on making pau :lol: maybe one day I will try lah.

twinklestar,

nvm if it is not nice looking as long as it tastes nice :)

I remember my SIL's pau also not look like pau .. heheh :D but the taste is nice.

So far I don't have interest on making pau :lol: maybe one day I will try lah.

Luckily, it tastes good le.. Hehe.. Still wanna attempt again..