meiteoh

Culinary Creations: Sweet stuffs!

Very nicely done!

Reminds me of the fondant work I had to do in class last time. Btw, did you have any problems drying it? Usually commercially available fondant requires dry conditions to completely dry and set but M'sian humidity can wreak havoc on it. If it's too humid, the fondant could end up sweating or cracking. =.=

Must try the marshmallow version - have always had the recipe but too lazy to make. XD

Very nicely done!

Reminds me of the fondant work I had to do in class last time. Btw, did you have any problems drying it? Usually commercially available fondant requires dry conditions to completely dry and set but M'sian humidity can wreak havoc on it. If it's too humid, the fondant could end up sweating or cracking. =.=

Must try the marshmallow version - have always had the recipe but too lazy to make. XD

i dunno yet. just made it today. not sure if it will crack...lets wait and see... :P

Hi! Seeing you guys here really inspire me.

Planning to try my hands in baking. Waiting for the new oven to arrive next week :)

tainhui: I love that cheesecake. Can share with us the recipe?

Thanks.

There u go, happy baking!

Recipe adopted from hungry hamster

Ingredients :

125 g cream cheese

20 g butter

40 ml milk ( I do not have fresh milk so I am using instant milk)

3 egg yolks

40 g cake flour

1/4 tsp salt

1 tbs lemon juice( I omitted this cuz I am out of lemon in the house)

1/2 tsp grated lemon rind( I omitted this cuz I am out of lemon in the house)

3 egg whites

70 g caster sugar

1/4 tsp cream of tartar

1 tbs apricot jam( optional, I prefer plain cheesecake)

Preheat the Oven at 160 degrees. Melt the butter, cream cheese, and milk on a double boiler, leave to cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks, salt, lemon juice, lemon rind, and cake flour together until well mixed. In a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Slowly add in the sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form, and the mixture is glossy.

Slowly fold in the egg white batter into the egg yolk mixture, 1/3 at a time, until incorporated. Pour into an 8 inch springform tin and bake in a waterbath for 30-40 min or until cooked when inserted with a skewer. Remove from the mould immediately to prevent the cake from sinking. Mixed the apricot jam with a bit of water and warmed it in the microwave. Brush the apricot jam all over the top of the cheesecake to give it a glossy finish. Refrigerate after cooling.

tainhui,

thanks for sharing :)

it looks like cheese chiffon cake :) I may try one day, but lately too into the butterless cake :P this weekend may try durian cake if HB managed to buy cheap durian :D

tainhui,

thanks for sharing :)

it looks like cheese chiffon cake :) I may try one day, but lately too into the butterless cake :P this weekend may try durian cake if HB managed to buy cheap durian :D

may I know is it durian season now in kuching?

sherreen,

yup! it is durian season now in Kuching :)

yesterday HB bought 4 for RM11, all are very good and we ate 2 and half for brunch and left over for cake, I didn't snap the photos because it looks like an ordinary butter cake and yet it is durian cake. :P

Gurls.... you all are superb, still baking lotsa baked goodies, very delicious looking. Keep up the gppd work ya. Hugs!!

sherreen,

yup! it is durian season now in Kuching :)

yesterday HB bought 4 for RM11, all are very good and we ate 2 and half for brunch and left over for cake, I didn't snap the photos because it looks like an ordinary butter cake and yet it is durian cake. :P

Oh..not sure in time for me to come back to eat....will be back next week...if got durian..can do durian cheesecake

Sherreen,

surely on time :) actually since last month already can find durian at the road side/stall but so expensive oh! 1 for RM16 :o :blink: and now? RM10/RM11 for 4 :P

wow .. durian cheese cake?? can share the recipe mor?? :)

wow, luv it. mind giving me the recipe? wanted to try but dunno which recipe give this type of texture....drool...

hi... this is the type which 'melt in ur mouth'..

:)

Hi hi!

My first attempt at baking since a long long time. I tried the Japanese Cheesecake and also egg tart.

JapCheesecake1.jpg

JapCheesecake.jpg

Japanese Cheesecake - Not as fluffy and cotton soft as the real thing but tasted OK.

EggTart3.jpg

EggTart1.jpg

EggTart.jpg

Egg tarts - Am not very good at lining the dough into the mould so the crust was a bit too thick haha, looks like a plate more than a bowl!!

but in the pictures it looks really nice hahah

Definitely need more practise :)