meiteoh

Culinary Creations: Sweet stuffs!

BG, what's kek hitam manis? What does it taste like? A lot of ingredients I haven't heard of. Sounds interesting, really want to try how it tastes like. Will try if I can find all the ingredients.

jandann,

ahh .. how does it taste ah!? sweet then a bit salty, if you don't like the salty then don't add gravy browning, if you like more salty then finish the whole bottle, I add half bottle of gravy browning, so the taste just nice for me. It is very very moist, a lot of people like it but I found it too moist lah :D

Yesterday The Star got recipe- Almond + Blueberry Muffin, i read the ingredients, almond, self-raising flour, blueberry jam... all i got wor! So i make my 1st Muffin thou i dun have muffin tray, use the tart mould lor :)

PICT7582.jpg

PICT7585.jpg

While i mixing then i oni notice, aiyo, its suppose using blueberry yogurt, not jam la haha.

then i simply pour 2 tbsp jam inside oni, sprinkle almond and bake lor.. kekekeke :)

Then i rmber Tainhui 's muffin aiya, shoud have pour the jam in the middle of the muffin.. the muffin not enuf sweet la , nvm la, stil can eat :P

BG

Nice ice cream. I love ice cream! Does the recipe use egg ?

Are u using ice cream maker?

meiteoh

You're so lucky to get strawberries easily. Over here all beries are $$$

twinklestar79

I love your coconut corn pudding.. must be very hard to do it.

simonne,

long time no see you in forum, where have you been ah??

ahh .. no eggs and I didn't use ice cream maker too :P

hehe luckily it looks like ice-cream and tastes like ice-cream too! hehehehe

Hi Simonne,

so happy to hear from you!! haven't seen you for a while, how have you been?

truly miss all your culinary creations, the yummylicious food, cakes, biscuits etc etc, and of coz miss u also ler :)

*hugs*

BG

Nice ice cream. I love ice cream! Does the recipe use egg ?

Are u using ice cream maker?

meiteoh

You're so lucky to get strawberries easily. Over here all beries are $$$

twinklestar79

I love your coconut corn pudding.. must be very hard to do it.

Wow!! So many delicious sweet treats! And its all my fav, the kaya puff, the egg tarts, the chocolate cake, ice-cream, pudding!!

Am going through the posts since I was away for sometime. Anyway here are some of the stuffs I made while MIA from MB :D

Made these for Ashley since she loves banana

Banana Pancakes

IMG_8118.jpg

And for myself

Sweet potato tong sui

IMG_8292.jpg

tainhui,

Nice blueberry muffins you made! I love muffins... especially blueberries, so delicious.

BG,

Wah... ur kek hitam manis need so many ingredients.... really salute you la... i usually dun make food that involves lots of ingredients.... will headache... n then i will left out sum and forget sum... Your choco ice-cream looks delicious!! Made me crave for sweet dessert now..

juicehoney,

Ya ya... but i'm further, i'm from sabah. Yummy blueberry muffins woh.... love d almond toppings....

mummyally,

Nice pancakes for breakfast! Craving for sweet potato tongsui after seeing your pic....

bunnyangel,

This is my second time baking kek hitam manis, ingredients a lot, works a lot, time consuming too <_< well, FH loves it so I do it for him again.

Ok .. today .. I baked carrot cake .. ahh .. I think the carrot is not enought, hardly can see the carrot lah :D

carrotcake.jpg

twinklestar,

too bad the carrot is not enuf, if I know I just finish the 2 carrots instead of 1 and half only.

luckily it tastes nice .. phewww .. because I forgot to bring my butter cake recipe to FH's place and I just make accoring to my memory :P

Finally i baked a cake... I've failed in all my previous attempts... i guess i tried 5-6 times, all failed... wasted all my effort/time, n ingredients... but finally, 2 days ago i successfully baked a fluffly raisin cake. Didnt look perfect, but it was yummy. Was very motivated... so yesterday tried baking fluffy lemon cake... it worked. I'm very happy now... gaining back my confidence to bake again :P

Fluffy Raisin Cake

raisin1.jpg

raisin2.jpg

Fluffy Lemon Cake

lemon1.jpg

BG,

Nice carrot cake you made... looks so moist, so wanna take a bite. I see that you bake cakes a lot.... you're really good at it, really geng la.

Bunny,

your cakes look nice :) I owes have problem with raisin cake because my raisin surely sinked! :( <_< I wonder why and how to make it not to sink down!? any idea?

hehe .. I'm not good in cooking so I concentrate on baking :P

BG: Cake looks tatsy la.. juz cut the carrot into small pieces and mix inside the batter?

Bunny: Wat u mean by Fluffy Cake ? Is it similar like chiffon cake whic beat the egg white seperately?Pls share recipe.. :) Ya , i understand ur feeling, failed d and u might have "fobia" wana try for the next time.. Luckily my chiffon cake oni failed for 2 times :P But when it is sucessful, looks and taste oso gud, very motivated... Now my whole meal loaf still failed la.. tried for my 3rd time d, hb kinda boring with my hard bread :(

stan,

ahh .. is not cut into small pieces, FH using the equipment (what does that call ah??) slice them into very small slices.

ehh .. ya ho, Bunny your fluffy cake looks like chiffon cake :) stan you just failed 2 times ah .. I failed more than 2 times la! :D hahaha .. and finally get the right chiffon cake :P

BG,

I can't explain why my raisins did not sink.... eh, i added the raisins last... fold gently into batter, pour mixture into baking tin... and into d pre-heated oven right away.

juicehoney,

I dunno what cake is that.... it's supposed to be an italian recipe... but i modified it, used less eggs, less sugar, and added lots of my favourite raisins... i called it Fluffy raisin/lemon cake... cos I was missing my pet bunny, Fluffy(he's staying with my mum) :P I dunno how's chiffon cake recipe is like... for my recipe: Beat 5 egg whites + 1/2 cup sugar till stiff peaks. Beat 5 egg yolks + 1/3 sugar till light yellow in colour. Pour egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture. Slowly add 1 cup of cake flour into the batter. Add 1 cup raisins/prefered flavourings/fruits. Bake at 350c for 35 mins.

p/s: this is d REAL Fluffy :P

Fluffy19.jpg

Bunny,

mmm .. I also add the raisins last but sink ba .. funny! :P nevermind I will try one more time, too bad I don't like raisins cake but FH does, so if I baked raisins cake he will enjoy it then I will make myself a tray of chilled cheesecake :D

ahh .. the recipe that you are using is chiffon cake, correct me if I'm wrong ya :P

Thanks BunnyAngel :) Was trying to finish off my gula melaka and ginger. Bought too much of them during my cravings for ginger tea :P

Anyway I bought a book on steamed cakes, going to try the recipes out one of these days but I'm contemplating whether to get an electrical steamer or use the good ole' stove but with the recent fuel price hike, maybe I should get the electrical steamer instead keke

mummyally,

Nice pancakes for breakfast! Craving for sweet potato tongsui after seeing your pic....

BG: I was lucky enuf gua .. hehehe :D

Bunny: ur bunny is really cute!!! The fur can be so long geh!!U made me wana paste my coco here too la ,shhhhyyy...... dun tell the Mod.... suddenly all pet's picture came out here (Im sure BG oso got her pet to share , out small small pict la ) hahaha :lol: psl forgive us, too sayang our pets :P

PICT6324.jpg

ya, like BG said, wat we knw is the way u beat the egg white seperately is similar to Chiffon cake lor.But i rmber Chiffon cake is egg white pour inside egg yolk batter tat oredy mixed with flour.. 350Deg ? Mine oni got 250 the Max temp :P

shhhhyyyy... BG, we curi curi post la, dun remind us here is sweet stuff thread la, nanti kena delete :P

Pizza was made using mei's recipe la, not my creation,very easy, juz need time to proof bcos its bread ma, and the topping , put watever u like lor.. wait a minute, my pizza isn't posting here, under Carbo la, y we like bercampur-aduk d hahaha :D

juicehoney, ur Coco is a darling, so adorable~!! My bunny is a jersey wooly, long hair... almost 6 yrs old :) In d recipe ah, it didnt say chiffon cake... it's Italian simple cake..... only a few ingredients involved ma, so i gave it a try loh... mana tahu it was a success... so i was so thrilled and excited... i think later im gonna try bake another one.... maybe i'll use my chiffon baking tin (been keeping in d cupboard for soooooo long after those failed attempts)...

BG, actually i dun fancy those heavy raisin cakes with lotsa butter and liquer.... i only like the taste of baked raisins... that's why i put raisins in d cake... for cakes, i prefer lighter and fluffier texture...... hehe, still cant understand why ur raisins sink... u mean all of the raisins sink to the bottom? Maybe d cake batter that i made was so light... so raisins tend to float... maybe ur raisin cake, the batter is heavy... so d raisins sink? Hehe... i also dunno what i'm trying to say :P

stan,

really wan to curi curi post here ah? heheheh .. I takut later kena delete oh :P

Bunny,

ya, it sink down to bottom, that's why I feel funny ba and I don't know how to make it float in between. mmm .. your recipe is chiffon recipe and mine is butter cake recipe .. :( nid to ask those who has experiece on baking raisin cake lah. :)

BG, do you have a baking blog where u keep all ur baking recipes? U seem very pro in baking... wud love to try out ur recipes since im gaining back confidence to bake.... :P