meiteoh

Culinary Creations: Sweet stuffs!

stan,

go go .. buy the egg tart mould then try out :) don't forget to share your pic here oh.

lately kinda busy to chat at msn .. sien! tomorrow ada meeting oh, lagi sien!!!!

BG,

the eggtarts looks great! :) patut la nieces and nephew say ho chiak, me here also drooling lor.

juicehoney,

nice kaya puff :) did you also make the kaya urself? wow :)

twinklestar,

I havent's had corn pudding for so long, these pictures sure bring back memories. And the texture looks good :) i lurve corns :rolleyes:

ZZ,

Tuesday night I baked again and it was so fast, they finished 6 (I didn't bake much, only 20 as I follow the ingredients) then I bring some to office, guess I still leave about 9 for them and they finished it in that afternoon together with the ice cream (I made one), semua habis! haahahaha

Next time if there is any MB gathering in Kuching, I can bake de :)

Twinklestar,

nice pudding oh, I never try pudding, mmm .. is that complicated to make?

BG: I hope so , my mixer die liow, i think i have to use egg whisk oni .. hope its ok la. How much u bot ah, i saw shop here around RM10 for duno 15/20.. later i go check :P

ZZ: No wor, i wanted to learn to made kaya actually but still no action.. will try one day when the one in my fridge finish ya...

Can I knw where you all get those paste like Ling Yong, Tou Sa, for pastry? My place here got but kinda big package that i think im not goin to finish thou the expiry is quite long... bcos will get bored eating same thing ma :D especially my hb :( Nan Fuk Si...

Hey where you all shop for bakery ingredient ? I got one near my office here in Sri Muda Shah Alam, small shop oni . I knw one called Bake With Yen At Tmn Megah, any1 been there or where else i can find this kinda shop? TQ.TQ :lol:

TS : yalor, nice,corn i like too, 1 got one recipe using corn one, later i try and share ya.. :)

Yaik..... Beautifulgown, so cheap ah ur egg tart moulds... aluminium right? I bought 10 pieces of d moulds last time.... costs me RM19.50 eh! Geram-nya :(

Twinklestar,

Very nice puddings... bet it's super delicious. How long does it take to make it?

Hi juicehoney,

Here is a webbie of the shop you mentioned, besides Tmn Megah, they have branches other places too, and the address 9and some even the map) is available on the net as well. Maybe you can take a look in the webbie here and see if it's useful to you :)

they have in ss24, Tmn Tun, Puchong and Jln Raja Laut.

http://www.bakewithyen.com/contactus.html

as for others, i heard there is one small one near OUG, but I don't exactly know how to go.

sometimes kedai runcit (the bigger scale ones) might also have the lotus paste etc etc, for example like those in old town. maybe you can try as I am not too certain. Just my wild guess.

look fwd to more great creations from you all :)

BG: I hope so , my mixer die liow, i think i have to use egg whisk oni .. hope its ok la. How much u bot ah, i saw shop here around RM10 for duno 15/20.. later i go check :P

ZZ: No wor, i wanted to learn to made kaya actually but still no action.. will try one day when the one in my fridge finish ya...

Can I knw where you all get those paste like Ling Yong, Tou Sa, for pastry? My place here got but kinda big package that i think im not goin to finish thou the expiry is quite long... bcos will get bored eating same thing ma :D especially my hb :( Nan Fuk Si...

Hey where you all shop for bakery ingredient ? I got one near my office here in Sri Muda Shah Alam, small shop oni . I knw one called Bake With Yen At Tmn Megah, any1 been there or where else i can find this kinda shop? TQ.TQ :lol:

TS : yalor, nice,corn i like too, 1 got one recipe using corn one, later i try and share ya.. :)

bunnyangel,

ya is aluminium type, maybe the quality is not as good as yours but damn cheap lah :P I should get more and the size just right, not too big, not too small :)

Beautifulgown, no ler, i think the moulds quality will b roughly d same ler.... n from ur pics, looks exactly same like mine. Hmm.. but why ur egg tarts rise that much, so cute like bubbles, like wanna burst :) How high you set the oven temperature ah? Mine rise like less than 0.5cm like tat... but dun hav pics....

BG,

this is so cute ler... :)

As promised :)

This is how it looks like while still inside the oven :P

hehe laptop is back, can edit photo :)

eggtart2-1.jpg

bunnyangel & ZZ,

mmm .. I'm using 180c for 20 mins - 25 mins, the rise is too high ah? heheh .. I tot is normal :P

At first I tot it will burst but it doesn't :lol: hahahaha

hi BG,

I always wanted to try make egg tarts, even got the aluminium mould, but o far haven't attempt yet, need to gather courage since it's a tough thing to bake. hehe

so thanks so much for sharing the tarts pictured while in oven, cause, if not, i would panic if i see the egg tart rise up like balloon (so cute!). but looking at yours, the out from oven tarts looks nice :) so at least I know I need not to panic if my eggtart also rise up (perhaps I should worry if my eggtart sink in oven ?hehe)

bunnyangel & ZZ,

mmm .. I'm using 180c for 20 mins - 25 mins, the rise is too high ah? heheh .. I tot is normal :P

At first I tot it will burst but it doesn't :lol: hahahaha

ZZ,

I was like you before, never have the courage to try egg tart until last week, since got nothing to do at home (FH is busy, so I'm going to his place) so search the recipe from internet then get the ingredients to try. I bought the mould few weeks ago .. so just try.

I also don't know how to make then my sister in law told me how to make th dough (this spelling ka??) then I put inside the fridge, drive my mum to market then come back I start prepare the egg part. So while baking, I keep on checking oh :P first try I just bake for 3 nia, takut salah ba but that time I lupa to take the photos plus my hand is dirty, niece are not around to help me.

Sink while baking? ahhh .. not sure leh, but tell you ho .. after it rise for certain limit it will slowly sink down, be prepared ya! :)

BG: the mould u got so cheap.The mould tat i saw fr the bakery shop nearby all sold out!! oni got the small small one .. :( Maybe i shall search fr Bake With Yen. Thanks ZZ for the info.. i saw the website, macam banyak! all the stuff we need can get from there :)

ZZ & Bunny, where did u all bot ur mould? shopping mall / supermarket got sell ah?R u both in KL / Selangor?

ZZ: yalo, yalo, the 1st thought in my mind was same as u, at least wont be surprise / panic when i see some egg balloon like BG's photo kekeke..

zunzhine, dun worry, egg tarts are easy to make... not difficult, im sure you will be very pleased with ur yummy egg tarts!!!

juicehoney, im from sbh, i bought my tart moulds at normal supermarket... at RM1.95 each.. i thought it was cheap... mana tahu.... BG got it so much cheaper eh!!

my baking today:

1) simple blueberry muffins- recipe modified from mabel simple strawberries muffins :D

muffin001.jpg

muffin002.jpg

muffin003.jpg

2) orange cheese cake...still in the fridge :P

Hi juicehoney,

I got my mould from BAKE WITH YEN in puchong.10 moulds for RM8. Still BG got the best deal :)

BG: the mould u got so cheap.The mould tat i saw fr the bakery shop nearby all sold out!! oni got the small small one .. :( Maybe i shall search fr Bake With Yen. Thanks ZZ for the info.. i saw the website, macam banyak! all the stuff we need can get from there :)

ZZ & Bunny, where did u all bot ur mould? shopping mall / supermarket got sell ah?R u both in KL / Selangor?

ZZ: yalo, yalo, the 1st thought in my mind was same as u, at least wont be surprise / panic when i see some egg balloon like BG's photo kekeke..

tainhui,

nice nice :)

quite a long time I didn't bake muffin, because I'm using a small oven so each time only can bake 6 biji <_< kind of troublesome.

Ok .. last night I steamed this for 4 hours and I only zzzzz at 2am <_<

Kek hitam manis (requested by FH), second attempt, this round I added gravy browning, first time I didn't add that because couldn't find it.

kekhitammanis-1.jpg

So while waiting, I make this .. chocolate ice cream, requested by FH.

chocolateice.jpg

Bunny: Hey, u oso fr east M'sia tat far ah? like BG :)

ZZ: FinallyI bot fr Jusco RM8.90 for 3. Was so kik sim, i bot at the 3rd floor where selling all pingan mangkuk/ kitchen utensil, then i went to supermarket can found more choices with some slightly smaller with RM6.90 for 3, RM5.50 for 3 :angry: Hb keep complaining ask me buy the one cheaper la .. blah blah blah. bcos he pay ma :P

Tainhui: hehe,nice! i oso juz bot blueberry jam 250g for RM6.00 + blueberry fr Tesco small box for RM7.99.I found tat Tesco got those special / hardly found fruit like now got Kam Kat.. If u all wana find any fruit can go there.wana do my swiss roll but my mixer under repairing now, cant lor.. will try make cup cake :)

BG:Oi ? y post double geh? hehe. . Ur cake hitam really so hitam wor! Alot of chocolate ah? :lol: Wat u mean by gravy browning?Steam type ah? share recipe pls !

Stan,

ahh I'm not using chocolate bo but got a bit of coco powder la .. mmm .. I ever share the recipe here, tak apa I can share again but .. tonight ya! :P recipe at home.

I think is because of the hitam pekat manis, that one is really black!! and the gravy browning is in bottle type, mmm .. it tastes salty one .. I don't know how to tell you, cannot take photo also because all the ingredients at FH's place.

Ya .. is steam one and it needs 4 hours <_< make me gila nia

I did share the kek hitam manis recipe here .. alright .. here is it. :)

Recipe for kek hitam manis :)

Ingredients

1. 500g pure butter

2. 10 eggs

3. 1 small bottle of horlicks (320g - 350g)

4. 388g condensed milk

5. 340g sri kaya

6. 250ml of neslte reduced cream milk

7. 300g flour sieve together with 1 teaspoon of baking powder

8. 220g castor sugar

9. 3 bottles of 'gula hitam pekat' (1 bottle is 75g)

10. 1 bottle of gravy browning

11. 1/2 teaspoon or ovalette

12. 1 teaspoon vannila essence

Method

1. Beat butter & sugar until fluffy and light

2. Add in eggs one by one, beat until fluffy and light

3. Stir in condensed milk, kaya & horlicks

4. Add nestle reduced cream milk

5. Fold in four and stir well

6. Add in gula hitam pekat, gravy browning, vanilla essence & ovalette

7. Transfer into lightly greased tray (ideal is 8.5" - 9" tray)

8. Cover with aluminium foil & steam for 4 hours