meiteoh

Culinary Creations: For the Carbo fan in you!

juicehoney,

Very-very beautiful siewpau u made, i think they're perfect, just like those sold outside!! Ur siewpau... d pastry looks flaky... like those danish pastry.... can you share with me how u made d pastry for the pau? Thanks a lot ya! Ur pumpkin porridge looks delicious eh... with the little cubes of golden colour pumpkins...

tiger,

Tho pic very small... but still can see it's a plate of yummy watdanhoh! I never cook watdanhoh b4... only put d egg at the end of cooking is it? All u gurls r so talented with chinese cooking, gotta learn more from you all....

mummyally,

Whoaa..... very nice looking mee suah, very nicely garnished with ikan bilis n minced meat, so yummy! I love baked pasta.... very irresistable....

zelda,

Yummy looking pasta dish... what herbs/vege did u use to garnish on top of ur dish? Ur dish looks very fresh and colourful!

Oh, it is just rocket leaves. It is pasta with freshly made pesto with cherry tomator and rocket leaves. that all. really simple dish.

Bunny: TQ.KK , tmorow i share la, recipe is at home.. yalor, the mee suah nice.. but i see see no soup geh, is it like Kon Lou Mee?

Zelda : wats rocket leaves ah, like so geng :P no meat one ah?

Pizza again last Sunday..

Asked Hb wana eat pizza on Sunday? Hb said :"Yes!Yes!" :D

Double Topping Homemade Pizza

PICT7599.jpg

My 3rd try on piza, this time i made the base more thick and double topping :

one side is Crab Stick+Tuna+Green Pepper+Mushroom, another one is Beef Burger Meat+Brocolli+Cherry tomato.This time is more like pizza's look :P

PICT7612.jpg

Hot from the owen!Is tat my cheese over baked? kekeke .Tell hb, cannot on the fan ah ! I wana to enjoy my hot hot pizza.. :P

PICT7629.jpg

Hb duno where found this Domino's Chilli Flakes to eat with, yummy.. :D

juicehoney,

Delicious looking pizzas eh..... and very healthy too with lots of vege toppings....You made small pizzas? Or you had giant buton mushrooms ah? Cos ur mushrooms look so big on the pizza :) me+FH also love pizza... but now try to tahan la... what to do, PS nxt mth....and FH's tummy still round like melon...

zelda,

Oh.... interesting, i've never heard of rocket leaves. Not very expert with herbs.... i owes stick to basil, rosemary, thyme and parsley only, haha.

rocket leaves is really just a kind of leaves use in salad often but not used in large quantity because it has sort of peppery taste. It is also used in carparcio salad.

http://www.coffeeandvanilla.com/?p=756

i think you can find it at cold storage.

I also use basil, rosemary and thyme often but mainly for the red pasta sauce.

Bunny: No wor, kinda like large pizza when u order fr Pizzahut lor.. duno y the mushroom looks so giant hehe.. NVM la, men's tummy can cover with coat ma, oni we cant bcos need to wear seksi gaun hehehe.. and PS hor, everyone focus on Bride oni, so dun bother him :P

Zelda: thanks for the info, u r a vegetarian ah? :)

my 1st Homemade Spinach Noodle

Bot spinach and suddenly wana try to make some spinach noodle.... Healthy ma...

PICT7646.jpg

Easy la, blend the spinach with water, flour mix with egg,salt,then the spinach gravy.. Knead for 15mins, set aside for 1 hr.. Roll n cut, this is Udon type, fat fat one.. Cook with prawn and clam.. I soaked inside cool water after the noodles is cooked so tat more Q (elastic), really wor..

PICT7650.jpg

Sure hb dun like the fat one so i made him this using the machine, but a bit sticky bcos too much of water :P

PICT7652.jpg

The rest i made Wantan Skin so tat no need to buy lor, craving for sui kow since saw some1 made it with soup/fried one, maybe to wrap Wan Tan / Sui Kow one of these day lor :D

PICT7655.jpg

Then hb's one is like this lor.. Sorry ah abit lembik liow.Tell hb eat fast fast ah, if not will be more sticky.

Luckily the prawns r fresh la... :D

juicehoney,

My FH really chubby in the face and tummy la...you can see d pics on our webpage... i think photoshop also cannot :P... when he smiles ah, his chubby cheeks wud make the eyes look so small... haha, i dun think i hav d assets to wear sexy-sexy gowns also...

Your homemade noodle is very nice, very healthy and yummy... my FMIL sumtimes also makes it... but i've learnt a few tricks from you. Thanks for sharing those tips oh... like how to make it more Q, and how d dough can be turned into a few portions and used differently... How much did u pay for the pasta machine? I'm thinking to get one.... cos last time when i made homemade noodles, hav to cut/slice by knife... so tired eh...

Bunny: Wow, u so pretty la, slim ma,definately qualified for sexy gaun ma..sure ur PS will turn out nice ma :lol: HB not bad la, like this ma cute lor! :P I saw u webbie ah, u oso made the pau (steamed and baked one ) , y still ask me for recipe ah? (i forgot la, paiseh, tmrow ah..) u oso pandai cook n bake ma... :D

Tat machine i bot for RM36.90 oni fr Econsave.. bot when cheap so tat i can made pan mee/ noodles once i have the mood lor ...

juicehoney,

See my FH's eyes or not? Like cannot open, too much fatty tissues on face :P Sexy gowns ah... i think i only qualify bareback gowns.... if low neckline or high slit on gowns, i can't la.... no assets :( Oh, i wan ur pau recipe cos last time when i made, altho FH say delicious, i feel it's not good enough.... the outlook doesnt resemble those sold outside geh.... but ur siewpau really look like from shop...like those seremban siewpau... so wanna try ur recipe loh... ohh.... then i think i will get d machine.... i saw from giant... selling RM40++.... u made d wanton skin using the machine? Or use machine flatten, n then cut with knife is it? Ever tried making d noodles in dry sauce a? Konloumee?

Bunny:O oo, then i give u tmrow la..So tat we can exchange experience :) U usualy get recepi fr where ah? I bot the Oriental Cuisins cooking magazine and some search online.. Wantan Skin made from the same machine - flatten then cut lor.At 1st i was so silly, flatten many times hope to get square one, see my knife oni think y not i cut ler?haha. Haven try Kon Lou Mee wor, which is my hb 's favorite. i failed to make the noodles Q Q lor, and the sauce , hb used to compare with his Bidor's taste, so i dun wan la, he forever miss his htown 's taste of Kon Lou Mee :D share with me how u prepare the sauce la, like BG used to tell me , Kuching's Kon Lou Mee is diff fr KL , is it? some thou me must put fish sauce lor, did u?

BG:i think if u got the small small rolling pin ( the kayu to roll,ike marker pen size) ) may be can la.I saw some video prepare Siew Long Pau use this small pin.Bcos mine is big type, hard to role till similar thickness lor.

juicehoney, i sumtimes search recipes online.... and every week i go to library to borrow cookbooks.... cooking/baking become my new hobby in this small town... cos i've got nothing else can do here.... eh, ur right, our whole house using yellow lightings... except d kitchen(scare cannot see food is cooked properly or not :P), bathrooms & bedrooms(i love to read in bed)....hmm... im trying to cook healthy most times.. so those chic chops are for special nights only...i did not deep fry them... i dip d chicken(i use breasts, less fat) in egg n then breadcrumbs... n i baked them... way healthier than deep-fry in oil... plus, i also dunno wat to do with d oil afterwards... cos i seldom deep-fry and even stir-fry also seldom... mostly steam/bake... for the konloumee, i dun follow recipes... i just simply mix soya sauce+dark soya sauce+oyster sauce+sesame oil+pepper+1 tablespoon vege oil... just keep testing n mixing till i get the taste i wan.... i only use fish sauce in steaming fish... if put to the mee, for me the taste is too strong oh.... p/s: im from sabah.... tmr im gonna make sabah style suikow... we put minced meat+prawn+century egg inside the suikow....

BG, i think you can still make the wanton skin as long as you can roll d dough flat-flat..... n just use knife n cut out into squares... but of course, using machine to flatten is easier n more convenient o.... thats why i think i also wanna invest in one...

JuiceHoney,

I am amazed with all the stuffs that you cook... Really keng le.. Salute salute.. Homemade spinach noodle.. Must be very hard to do.. So lazy to cook nowdays.. Kinda bz with work.. Sigh..

Dinner last9... Claypot-Style Chicken Rice..dun hav claypot at home, so used rice cooker.... i used marinated chicken cubes, chinese sausage, shrimps, egg, mushrooms, and topped with salted fish... We normally eat very little rice, but FH owes enjoy this claypot rice, and he wud eat two big bowls...

Claypot-Style Chicken Rice

claypot1.jpg

Bunny: ur place there got library to borrow cooking book ah? so nice... :) Got nothing to do, means not working and become siew lai lai lor hehehe :P o... then i think i wana try the baked chop oso la.. neva knw the look oso like those deep fried one.U staying with Fh oni rite?Cook less rice oni...fast fast share ur sui kow with century egg's recipe, cos i still got and im gona made mine too ! :D

Yea.. rice cooker oso can, easy to make.. im stil finding one nice claypot to cook clay pot dish oso.. search fr all the mall i din find the one i satisfied.. postpone and postpone..

Twinklestar: Thanks. but u oso great ma, made bak zhang and pau. I've tried man tao once, not nice, i dun like.. Duno read from where pau shud add in Double Action Baking Powder so tat can "fat" nicely , any idea?

juicehoney, cos we dun hav places to go here ma, no shop malls, no gym, no nothing... so FH brings me go library every Sun... i think sumtimes FH is a bit guilty, cos i moved all d way back from city to a tiny kampung for him... :mellow: Sumtimes i miss being in KL... even grocery shopping also more choices, easier to get things... here i cant even find couscous/filo pastry at ALL supermkts... :huh: At d moment, im staying at home, but i think i wud start working by July/Aug, nowadays everything $$ up, wanna earn sum extra $$. Yeah, u should try baking ur chicken/fish chop... healthy and yummy.. last9 i already wrap the dumplings, tonight i will cook and take pics.... i just mix all these together: minced pork meat(wit a lil fat), chopped prawns, n 1 century egg (divide into 20pcs). I wanted to add spring onions and sengkuang, but ran out of stock. Eh, i followed tiger's tips, let everything marinade in d fridge for a few hours... for seasoning/marinating, i used soya sauce+oyster sauce+shaoxing wine+sesame oil, pepper n salt. Tonight will post pics of our dinner~ Erm, actually i saw sum claypots at supermkt... cost abt RM12... but dunno durable or not la... dunno how to buy claypot.

Bunny: ur family is there oso rite, so ngam ur fh oso fr Sabah n married to Sabah lor?Haha.... will owes come with sacrified :P KK waiting for ur dumpling ya.. let me see the filling oso after u bite ya :D Claypot i prefer the old type with got one handle.not those 2 telinga one :P RM12 is cheap ma.. is tat big enuf? suddenly i would like to buy the small one like claypot yee mee type... Since we owes eat under the fan so tat my soup wont get cool fast hahhha :lol:

stanley

the noodles are like those 'mein fern kau' is it even the wanton wrapper? like that I also want to invest in those machine ler.. I've always thought homemade noodles too troublesome to make. Eh like that you can also make fresh pasta!!

Zelda

What a colorful pasta dish you made, hmm maybe one of these days I'll make pesto pasta again. Still got half a jar left.

bunnyangel

You know what? I also got problem in choosing the right claypot I once bought this lovely claypot with flower prints and it cracked into half the moment I turned on the stove. :o From then on I decided not to get claypots.. traumatic :P I kept forgetting to ask my mom to get for me instead. She should know better. I always cook claypot rice in ricecooker too maybe should name it as rice cooker rice instead of claypot rice :P

And today I had a very hearty meal

Meesua in chicken and mushroom broth

ab3009f2.jpg

Mummy: One thing i neva tell u all.My mum was selling pan mee b4! But for a very short period since my neighbour oso selling no biz :( So for me , make own noodles is easy lor, since small we help mum ma hehehee.. yayaya , can make ur own pasta.. :) Nice mee sua.. wat u put into the soup for seasoning ah?

Claypot, i oni knw when stil hot, u cant add water to soak it (after u cooked and pour ur food) if not easy to crack, i have experience twice, both claypot mum bot for me crack.. now i paiseh ask her to buy haha.. Yalor, the flower printed type looks so fragile tats y i din buy till now..

Stan

I put everything into a crockpot since last nite well midnite la and put on low heat. This morning the chicken meat is basically falling off from the bone. So soft. All I did was put use the water I soak my mushroom in, add in 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1tsp of sugar, sesame oil and that's it. Really delish :P Oh I even put in 2 hardboiled eggs together with the broth overnight