meiteoh

Culinary Creations: For the Carbo fan in you!

o.. cooked overnite ah.. if me sure i put "auto". Hb used to warn carefull with electrical thing. Have u try with Bak Kut Teh pack? very nice :P I've one time cooked Bak Kut Teh Soup to make steamboat ... every 1 said very nice...

Bunny, my FH loves claypot style chicken rice too! He always ask me to cook that. I even bought a claypot to cook that but too small, FH always complain not enough.

Mummy, your meesua looks really good! I love meesua but FH complain it's gooey.

Black Bean Fried Rice

blackbeanfriedrice.jpg

tiger, my dumplings were very nice... i left d meat in d fridge for 5hours before wrapping them... they stick together, were soft n 'Q'... thanks for ur tips :)

juicehoney, yesterday aft my last post, server down, only saw ur msg now, didnt manage to take pic aft i bit into the dumplings oh.... hehe... those claypot i saw also got flowers printed... they r so cheap, thats why i wonder if they're durable... dun dare buy loh... later not even cook once already crack, heartache :( Hey, i tried using bak kut teh pack for steamboat... very delicious.... That's my FH's fav dish, so once in a while will make for him...

mummyally, actually i think d claypot rice cooked with rice cooker also having d same effect loh... like nothing different also... but using claypot wud look nicer on d table n keep d rice warmer for longer period maybe. I hav phobia using claypot... worry it might explode on the stove :P Ur meesuah noodles looks very delicious... i love simple and light noodles soup like this....

jandann, claypot rice is easy n yummy, just throw everything together in d pot... done within 30mins.... very nice when we're having a busy day or just too lazy to cook proper 3dishes+1soup dinner :P Wah.... black bean fried rice, interesting.... i hav black beans in my fridge, can try ur recipe... do you hav to soak d black beans before using for fried rice? I only use the black beans to steam pork ribs... dunno how else to use them...

Preparing the soup base to cook the meat dumplings...

soupbase.jpg

Meat Dumplings with Century Egg

dumplings.jpg

.........served with.......

Dry Sauce Noodles with Fried Shallots

noodlesdrysauce.jpg

Jandann:Opps , ur Black Bean is really beans(like red beans), not Tausi as i put in the Salmon rice rite?Looks so colourful, well done ! :D

Bunny: Wow, ur suop oso colourful wow. Sweet Corn! I owes steam and eat it and neva try to boil soup. Wana try wana try!And the white one is chicken rite. I bet ur soup must be "sweet". For me, i juz wil use maggie no added MSG chicken stock :P malas ma. And those carrot, corn u will eat them?

Wow, i saw u got many spices ah. I oni got 2, the same brand.. Rosemary and Mix Herbs. some how i dun like the mix herbs la, too strong even i put little oni, duno how can i finish it :P Ur Kon Lou Mee looks gud wor, neva stick together like wat i used to cook kekeke.. Did u try soaked inside the cool water after the noodles is cooked to make it "Q"? Hb juz had one Kon Lou Mee with Char Siew sauce last nite n he said very nice, one of the best can compare his Bidor one.. Hmm.. I think im gona challenge myself to make tasty Kon Lou Mee for him ! :D

juicehoney, my FH is so spoilt/used to 3 or 4 dishes+1 proper soup for dinner at his family home... his mum always 'lok zuk liu'(put enough ingredients) in her cooking... so there's no way i can use those maggi/know's whateva cubes they have :( Once i was curious, never used msg, so added a tiny bit of ajinomoto, afterwards he complained the msg make him feel so thirsty la, this la, that la. Now the ajinomoto? Sitting on d counter, but not being used again. I bought abt 10 corns... sumtimes steam as snacks... we love it. Then i use sum to add into soup, will make soup sweeter. Sumtimes i eat d carrots, FH eats d corns, but i dunlike boiled corn. Yes, everytime boil soup, must use chicken n sumtimes add pork ribs. Haha... as for the herbs, i also dunno why they're still very full altho i also use them sumtimes :P I didnt soak d noodles oh... but i saw from tv ah.... it's best when u soak d noodles in cold water for 5 seconds.... then soak back into hot water for 5 seconds, mix wit sauce, then serve.... but i never tried that... aiyo, need to hav so many pots of water... lazy la :P

Bunny:Wow! like this if u cant cook ah, u cant be a gud wife of him oredy lor? luckily u got teh talent and interested ! So many dishes ah, me oni prepare 2/3.. no wonder u said hb eat very less rice la kekeke.hb oso hates ajinomoto since MIL neva use (but my parent use lor) MIL juz cook with salt n soy sauce.. Ya, need 2 pots lor, tat day i tried, soaked more tat 5 second la, so fast can meh. like no effect :P

juicehoney, guys r greedy ma... wish their wives can do/hav talent in everything... but no la, i dun cook more than 3 dishes.... cos only two of us... nowadays if cook chinese food, normally cook 2 dishes + 1 soup.... or if no soup, will cook 3 dishes..... but normally i dun take chinese food pics... cos before i manage to take, FH already started makan... :( I dunno o... everytime i also lazy use so many pots..so no need la, just simply prepare noodles... FH say very nice wo... then okayloh....

Dinner for tonight:

Baked Rice with BBQ Pork Chop

porkchop.jpg

Bunny: Ur hand shaking while snap pict fast fast bcos hb wana eat asap is it? :P Blur ma.. wat i do is, i off the flash, then i will put camera up to something to support, then focus n snap, sure wont blur, maybe u try? :) Actually how to do baked rice ah? Is tat fried rice 1st and put cheeze on top n bake? recipe pls.. BBQ sauce u make or buy. i got one cooking book abt all sauce la.. need to use Beer one , BBQ sauce..

Claypot Lap Mei Fan

Hb was reached home early b4 me yesterday.. Duno y, i will feel obligated to cook asap to fill his stomach than let him wait till 7-8pm :P so tonite's Bak Kut Teh will postpone to Fri/Sat lor..

Searching fr fridge found my "Lap Ngap" bot since CNY still laying there, ok la, cook "Lap Mei Fan" Took out my cracked a bit claypot ( now is suppose to be crackpot kekeke :P ) This is the one im searching to buy but cant see at any supermarket, except those flower printed one...

PICT7666.jpg

Cook 1.5 cup rice. Bring to boil with high heat, then at lower heat to continue cooking till the rice is done. Cut Lap Ngap & Lap Yuk to small pieces, arrange nicely inside the pot,aiya, no black mushroom, i oni got enorki mushroom. ok can la.. Break one egg inside (as decor too keke) then cover til the egg ic cooked

PICT7667.jpg

Pour in the sauce (oster sauce mix with soy sauce, sugar, warm water and some garlic oil)

Stir and serve with cucumber & parsley (no other vege ma ) :) Damn easy. but need to jaga api, if not will burn at the bottom lor... :)

juicehoney, ya ya... normally one of my hand doing sumthing... then one hand snap pics... haha... and everytime also so rush snap pics la, cos FH bising wanna makan... ur lapmei fan is very nice eh, the egg look so pretty on it, hehe... i love to use lapcheong the most... the smell very nice... oh ya, that's THE claypot i wanna buy... now supermkt dun hav this kind la... only have those like china-made flower printed ones... doesnt look durable to me... ur claypot big enough to serve 2-3 ppl right? That's d claypot i saw those claypot rice stall using eh... wanna buy!

Today i'm so in d mood to cook sumthing nicer for FH... so i spent 2 hours++ to prepare tonight's dinner...

Hainanese Chicken Rice With Vege & Side Soup

hainan1.jpg

...The chicken rice (close up)...

hainan2.jpg

juicehoney, i dun hav a tripod or anything to hold d camera oh.... n tonight FH keep rushing me fast-fast take pics... he was almost drooling looking at the dinner table.... :P

hey.. the 1st one is sharp, close up one was shaking abit.no tripod la bunny, juz something like tupperware to support ur camera which u wont make the camera shaking.. me use cheap konica camera which hb bot fr tokyo few yrs back , the battery fast to finish...sometimes i juz took picture inside the kitchen b4 i serve to hb, like he din aware i actually finish cooking hehehee.. :lol:

Btw, nice "bak zam gai" u had :D

The presentation really nice .. tomorrow is PS .. I will tahan until finish PS then I will allow myself to have a BIG and NICE MEAL!!!!

Today i'm so in d mood to cook sumthing nicer for FH... so i spent 2 hours++ to prepare tonight's dinner...

Hainanese Chicken Rice With Vege & Side Soup

hainan1.jpg

...The chicken rice (close up)...

hainan2.jpg

juicehoney, i dun hav a tripod or anything to hold d camera oh.... n tonight FH keep rushing me fast-fast take pics... he was almost drooling looking at the dinner table.... :P

The seafood & chorizo paella I made; found it a little bit on the wet side though (like risotto)...but my mum and HB loved it so no complaints.

2624995673_67e2a9d507_o.jpg

Will try and put up recipes soon!

BG n juicehoney,

Thanks gurls.....FH loves the chicken rice very much.... will make again next time..

meiteoh,

Ur dish looks very nice to me.... what's the difference between paella and risotto? Looks d same to me eh?

Thanks, BA!

Paella is a Spanish dish that they make using squid ink and minus the booze. Risotto is Italian, and incorporates saffron as well as white wine - also traditional risotto is just limited to either ham or mushrooms whereas paella can incorporate more variety into the dish itself.

I followed the recipe for this one so it's sort of a hybrid between the two. Plus it's a bit on the wet side as well...supposed to be more dry actually. =.=

meiteoh,

Ah, i see.... i'm planning to make risotto... but d stores at where im staying is not selling the risotto rice...

Gurls.....

Can anyone tell me if Cold Storage at The Curve or Jusco at 1U are selling risotto rice, couscous, canned roma tomatoes, and canned achovies fillets? Thanks a bunch....

twinklestar,

Yummy lasagna!! Looks super delicious to me.. I dunlike too much cheese so urs look perfect to me...What herbs you used to sprinkle on top? basil?

Bunny

Cold storage would most likely have the items you listed below, Jusco more of Jap products and your chicken rice reminds me of home... :) Can almost smell the wonderful aroma of the chicken rice..I would be going Cold Storage later in the afternoon I can check out for you la and oh ya it's not in the curve, its at Ikano Power Station

Mei

Wonder if we can substitute the risotto rice with Jap rice, they also have those short grain rice which I find can be quite sticky as well

Twinklestar

I loveeee lasagnas and yours looked very nicely done. I tried to make once long time ago but it was kinda too gooey <_<

mummyally,

Thanks a lot ya... 2 wks from now me+FH going to KL for a lil break.... ppl normally go for shopping.. but i'm more concerned abt getting stocks for my kitchen :P What to do, here can't find all those things i mention. Ya ya, Cold Storage at Ikano.... haha, i dunno how much i can buy la, if can, i also wana bring boxes n boxes of supplies back.. haha..... After i made d chicken rice last wk, now FH always bugging me for chicken rice la.... so tmr gotta make it again... U tried making chic rice before? Haha... but i'm kinda bad at chopping whole chicken.. looks ugly.

You could but I'm not too sure what the outcome would be like; there are some subtle differences between the two. For more info, check out this link here (click on arborio and sushi rice) - the link gives you info on substitution.

Thanks BA and Mummy

BA, i am not sure whether it is basil that i used. I used a bottle of spices that can be found in the spice rack in hypermarket.. Its stated there, italian seasoning... Hehe

meiteoh, thanks so much for the link!! I'm really looking forward to try recipes using new ingredients~!!

twinklestar, ohh.... if im not mistaken, italian seasonings will consists of basil, oregano... like mixed herbs. Okay, so next time i can sprinkle different herbs to my lasagna.. bet it would smell much nicer.