meiteoh

Culinary Creations: For the Carbo fan in you!

Thanks twinklestar and bunny. Took pix of the nicer looking ones :P Most of them leaked :(

Bunny, Yeap, I used canned tomato as base.

Bunny: I bake using owen wor the bun.. cant afford to buy another machine juz bcos i wanted to make bread,no budget and no place to put oso.. :( U have bread maker? Actually hor my bun will turn to abit hard for 2nd days and my hb start feel boring with them :( still haven figure out how to make bun as soft as selling outside.. I saw one powder called emplex, is tat kinda bread softener? any1 knws?

Abt the rice, ya, add water inside the rice so tat it will get soft.. the amount as i wrote lor. My mum oso told me dad tried to make loh mai gai but din add water inside the rice to steam ... so hard kekeke :D

Last Nite Dinner:

Salmon with Rice

PICT75161106.jpg

Ingredients:

Rice,Salmon,Maggie Seasoning / soy sauce,"Tau Si", Oil (can be garlic oil / onion oil / pork belly oil)

Method:

1.)Cook rice with rice cooker, once done, let it keep warm for 15 mins.

2.)Fry the salmon (marinated with salt), mash it.

3.)Once the rice is done, mix the salmon and the rest of the ingredients

4) Garnish with fried ginger and spring onion.Serve hot with vege

Hb said delicious, i asked wat u think i put inside, he can name it one by one .. fun la :lol:

juicehoney,

Can share ur butter bun recipe with me? I dun hav breadmaker, that's why i asked if you made ur buns using d machine. Happy when u say u dun hav one :) Means i also can make ur yummy buns. I seldom bake cakes/breads, so a bit waste of $ to get breadmaker.... Ya ya, last time i made crunchy crust bread, d bread also become a bit hard next day.... not soft n fluffy like those from bakery... Ur rice with salmon looks yummy... very easy to make too...i love salmon... preferably raw... hehe...

jandann,

the baked pasta looks good, what in the ingredients? :) I am sure there's a lot of goodies in there :)

and the dumping looks great too.

eunice,

The claypot yee mee looks good, i like noodles with fishballs and ikan bilis! crunchy and yummy :) and of coz my fav muzzzhhhrooommmm :)

juicehoney,

your butter bun looks as good (even better) than those at bakeries *thumbs up*

and ur salmon fried rice is making me drool la!!! aiyoh, looks so good!!!the colours the texture! everything is so well put together! :)

bunnyangel,

you always make dishes that not just looks delicious but beautiful and creative too!!! wish I have 1/2 your talent in cooking. The rice rolls looks great and you rolled it with egg skin (thin omelette), and you managed to make it so thinly? superb la you :)

Aiyo, you gals really know how to cook. I keep following up with this thread and all the dishes posted here are so tempting. I really paiseh to tell what I cook also. Mine is far simple... Maybe I should put up effort to cook something more complicated. Hehe...

bunnyangel,

ya I on diet cost my PS soon :) so far can see the result .. yeah and I also took the chance to slim down, I have been putting on weight TOO SERIOUS la! :D

the rice roll very nice .. the skin is egg right? inside is sticky rice or normal rice?

Zunzhine, really paiseh to tell you how i made d egg wraps... well, i dun hav pan big enough to make d egg, so i ended up using the wok..... and i hav to lift d wok, n kept turning the wok at an angle so-so slowly, so to make a big egg wrap for the rice rolls. Haha. I really like experimenting in d kitchen, but nearing PS and wedding... lots of places need to use $, so wont be buying new kitchen utensils at d moment... just use whatever i can find in my kitchen la :P

Beautifulgown, we sama-sama jiayou on diet la.... if eat healthier, sure will lose weight... i hope to help FH lose 2-3kg before our PS end of nxt mth... As for d rice rolls, actually we dun eat white rice... we r used to brown rice now, only standby white rice for porridge... but ngam-ngam we ran out of brown rice... so i use the plain white rice and combine with grated carrots... 1st time try, but both me+fh also dun really facny d taste of raw carrots... so next time thinking to substitute with mashed salted duck egg yolk.. bet it wud be whole lot yummier...

marryhim, simple dishes can be equally as yummy~!! Actually most nights, i will only cook soup, a vege/tofu/egg dish, and steam a fish... quick n easy. But sumtimes when i'm feeling creative... then will try sumthing new loh...

Bunnyangel,

a great chef will make wonderful dishes even when not enough utensils... thus, YOU FIT INTO A GOOD CHEF CATEGORY!!! Bravo :)so no need to paiseh ler :)

(actually my mum also make egg skin that way.... so I also follow the same, but my egg skin always not consistent in thickness, and very often will bocor one. haha)

BG,

think of PS then sure very motivated :) I am sure you'll look lovely :)

marryhim,

yep, simple dishes is great too. I have a feeling you simple dishes should be those lip smacking, saliva drooling and appetite rising sort of dishes! (actually i also very envious of the others who always make lovely dishes- and i enjoy looking at it it!) it's so fun hoh? :)

aiyoh. so late already and I hungry la, i better go sleep and stop browsing this culinary site, it's too torturing to view all these great dishes when I am hungry and its late at night. Haha

Zunzhine, really paiseh to tell you how i made d egg wraps... well, i dun hav pan big enough to make d egg, so i ended up using the wok..... and i hav to lift d wok, n kept turning the wok at an angle so-so slowly, so to make a big egg wrap for the rice rolls. Haha. I really like experimenting in d kitchen, but nearing PS and wedding... lots of places need to use $, so wont be buying new kitchen utensils at d moment... just use whatever i can find in my kitchen la :P

Beautifulgown, we sama-sama jiayou on diet la.... if eat healthier, sure will lose weight... i hope to help FH lose 2-3kg before our PS end of nxt mth... As for d rice rolls, actually we dun eat white rice... we r used to brown rice now, only standby white rice for porridge... but ngam-ngam we ran out of brown rice... so i use the plain white rice and combine with grated carrots... 1st time try, but both me+fh also dun really facny d taste of raw carrots... so next time thinking to substitute with mashed salted duck egg yolk.. bet it wud be whole lot yummier...

marryhim, simple dishes can be equally as yummy~!! Actually most nights, i will only cook soup, a vege/tofu/egg dish, and steam a fish... quick n easy. But sumtimes when i'm feeling creative... then will try sumthing new loh...

juicehoney, your salmon with rice looks really good! I love this kinda dishes, just mix everything and eat!

ZZ, for the baked pasta, I just put whatever I can find in the kitchen like leftover ham, carrots, onions...

Found a lot of canned tuna in the shelf so had tuna pasta.

tunapasta.jpg

bunnyangel & zz,

Ya ya .. I start my diet soon after I confirmed the PS with Edwin & Stephen.

My FH has big tummy which is not my control anymore, no matter how control his diet, the lovely tummy is still there :P

The rice roll really look good, if you fried the ingredients first it may taste better? Now it reminds me about the sushi, it just like the sushi style right?

If you have second attempt, don't forget to share with us. :)

Bunny: Can u read mandarin?... my bread/ bun 's recipe all i search for net - the taiwanese's blog abt all their baking , if u knw i can give u the link, if not, i translate for u lor.. its easy if u have experience in making bun b4.. :) wei, no 1 interest to make bread other tahn 2 of us ah? :D Salmon ah, i bot is fr Jusco wor (i dun go pasar pagi) which i knw not tat fresh can cant eat w/o cook la..

Yup ur rice rolls r delicious. Egg i knw how to prepare la. Im using non stick wok and no need to add oil oso can.U said salted egg ah, i have i have one at home , maybe can try !hehehe

ZZ:paiseh la, the bun's look still can say like outside selling one. taste ah, im still figure out how to improve lor, unless we eat them all after fr the owen la :P The kneading part i think got to improve , my cheap mixer can oni mix non stop not more than few mins but the kneading process need like 20-30mins so i think the texture still not tat gud lor..( owes rmber commented by hb boring withhard bread) now pulak spoilt liow bcos of over knead, i cant make bread liow as need to send for repair :(

Jandann: Yalor, its easy and fragrant with the oil, no need to fried, juz mix while the rice is still hot! :)

Ur pasta juz with tuna? no vege ah? :P got to make sure balance intake of everything wor!

BG: Wat u eat now? Another 2 more weeks wor, pls be sure they can capture ur slimmest part if happen like u cant get slim down as u wish, yala, their skill oso important to have nice shoot ma! kekekeke

BG,

FH got tummy, nvm la. if me lagi I happy. like now I am trying to make FH eat more (haha) since he so slim (grrrr), go out ask him eat more, ask my mum, sisters and sister in law cook things he likes to eat whenever we drop by for dinner! then he cannot resist and will eat more! my sister and SIL is my partner in crime. haha. why I do that? so I can make FH gain more weight, so in comparison in PS- I hope to at least look smaller compared to him. haha. (I so mean hoh? BUT its food HE ENJOYED eating ma.. heheheheh... excuses excuses....)

but have to have limit la... pity him nanti eat too much gastric pulak. I also got "perikemanusiaan" one. hahahaha

bunnyangel & zz,

Ya ya .. I start my diet soon after I confirmed the PS with Edwin & Stephen.

My FH has big tummy which is not my control anymore, no matter how control his diet, the lovely tummy is still there :P

The rice roll really look good, if you fried the ingredients first it may taste better? Now it reminds me about the sushi, it just like the sushi style right?

If you have second attempt, don't forget to share with us. :)

zunzhine, normally when i see you all making nice dishes, it inspires me to be creative too. But nowadays try to make healthier food loh... will normally only bake if going for frens/family bdays parties or special occasions...

jandann, ur pasta dish is simple and nice! I call pasta d confort food... very satisfying and comforting everytime i eat them.

beautifulgown, my fh's tummy is also very big la... almost half watermelon... so desperately need to help him lose it... not only for PS, but mainly for his health loh... so now everyday brown rice, low fat milk, steam dishes, no supper, no sugar, less salt n avoid oil...

juicehoney, that's very nice of you, but i dun even have a mixer oh.... let me buy one soon.. and then i'll request the butter bun recipe from you ok? I cant read chinese oh....i really love ur butter bun... really look like those from bakery.... p/s: after seeing ur butter bun, today i had it... cannot control myself.... haha...

stan,

I just try to control my food intake especially after 5pm and now every Monday and Friday my lunch will just go for fruits, it seems to work for me :)

ZZ & BunnyAngel,

I don't know how to help FH to reduce his tummy lah sigh .. *sweat*

BG,

yes, me too trying hard. my friend told me can eat fruits, but certain ones are no-no, eg durians (my FAV!!!!), mango, banana, nangka and even papaya :(

apparently, in terms of apple, red ones are better than the green apples from the point of vitamins... again a friend told me.

stan,

I just try to control my food intake especially after 5pm and now every Monday and Friday my lunch will just go for fruits, it seems to work for me :)

ZZ & BunnyAngel,

I don't know how to help FH to reduce his tummy lah sigh .. *sweat*

juicehoney, my pasta got carrot :P Skip greens once in awhile nvm..hehe...

Bunny, I love pasta...hmm..come to think of it, I love carbo :( how to lose weight like that??!! Sigh...

ZZ,

ahh .. certain fruits still ok but don't over, I love durians too but I control my limit. I love most local fruist and I still take ya but again, don't over lah.

Last time I used to take apple everyday (red apple) yuck .. now ah .. phobia la! :D hahahaha

Bunny: OK la, when u ready, u tell me la.. since no one interested to try.. u try and share ur experience ya. My mixer oso under repair now. Tried BG's egg tart but failed.. all stick to the mould and need to eat with spoon like ice cream in cup hahaha :D

Nvm at least my this siew pau still ok ..

Home Made Siew Pau

Made Char Siew on Sunday nite with home made char siew sauce according cook book ( its garlic, soy sauce, dark soy souce, five spicy powder,sugar and salt mixture oni)

Wow this char siew,marinated overnite, pan fry til frangrant, low heat cook for 1 hr till meat soft, lastly high heat to thinken the sauce. I use lean meat this time, so its soft lor

PICT7563150608.jpg

then bcome like this:

PICT7569.jpg

Its also kinda hard to wrap, the one that i tot i wrapped it the best finally "open mouth" la :P

I feel like the book tell the wrong temp, been cheated. Told bake for 250 Deg for 30 mins

1st 5-10 mins smoke came out fr owen, then pau oredy started turn to golden colour, then i faster turned to 200 Deg lor, after another 10 mins (i opened to brushing egg for another 2 times :P so tat wont look dry like the kaya puff) oredy like so brownish la.. I scare if still continue baking , all will get burn, so taking out after total 20 mins baking. As the result :

PICT7571.jpg

But when bite, feel like oni 80% cooked hahaha :D

PICT7574.jpg

Nvm la, still share with u all since the look can tipu orang hahahaha :lol:

juicehoney,

you commented ur siew pau bit burn? got meh? to me it looks fine ah... looks so tempting ler... and so impressive that even the char siew u DIY! superb la you :) wow... the char siew looks like can melt in the mouth and soooooooo yummylicious.... sluurrrpppp...with a bowl of rice and noodle... wow wow wow :)

Twinkerstar: Thanks ya.. suddenly have the courage to try thou my egg tart 1st attempts was failed .. kekeke :P

ZZ: The book said 250Deg for 30 mins ma, so i oso follow lor, 1st 10 mins oredy golden brown wor, i faster turn to 200 Deg lor, another 10 mins oredy this colour if continue ma sure burn rite? So it was suppose to bake for 30 mins, mine i bake for 20 mins ++ oni to avoid all get burn, as the result the dough oni 80% cooked lor hahaha :lol: Char Siew made this way (not using owen) not really as gud as the bake one lor, next time i try to use owen bake char siew ah..

Dream: I hope u can see this made Char Siew w/o owen but tatse oso not the same lor

BG: Yo paiseh la, juz look tipu u all oni, tatse -not 100% cooked one, im sure u wont wish to try haha..

Jandann: go buy la, Seremban Siew Pau is the best rite?

Pumpkin Porridge

After watching "Ho Jak" TV8 recommended some dishes with pumpkin last Sunday, I oso cook mine..

B4 tat oredy tried pumpkin + yam rice, now is Pumpkin Porridge!:P

PICT7565.jpg

Juz stir fry the pumpkin with dry shrimp, then mince meat with black mushroom, add into porridge that almost done..cook for another 10mins til pumpkin cubes r soft.. simple and easy.

HB said neva tot pumpkin cook with porridge oso not bad wor :)

Pumpkin & Yam Rice

cooked this since long long time ago, recipe fr The Star- Amy Beh

DSC00536.jpg

Fry the pumpkin and yam cubes.. then fry the Har Mai + Rice + Seasoning

Pour the "fried rice" into rice cooker, put the yam + pumpkin cubes on top to cook rice as normal..

When it is cooking inside the cooker, the Yam can smell fr far + i put lap cheong, so superb, must try! :P