meiteoh

Culinary Creations: Soups & Starters

Soup.. soup.. i wana learn to boil more leng soup :D

Choy Kon Soup

PICT7763.jpg

Boil Choy Kon with soup bones, dry scallop, "kam wah for dui",bamboo pith (竹笙)and gei ji.. ^^

1st time cook bamboo pith,duno gud for wat wat wat :P i rmber last time worked as waitress at one of the restaurant,they use it to make dim sum ler!

yup...very ez soup..no need boil long long....just prepare some minced meat ball,cut the tofu into squares, cut in some carrot n ginger....bcos im using those seaweed that is ready to eat, i buy those bigbig piece then i cut into strip n place into the bowl. once the meatball n everything else is boil,i just pour in the hot soup...

i use the ready to eat one coz back in US i cant find those that r for cooking..hehe..

potato,

yeah .. look good, taste good and easy to cook :)

nice nice .. sometime I also use the ready-to-eat seaweed for baking but FH said .. it tastes weird!? hahahaha

Jandann: I definately will try ur this potato recipe cos hb like potato very much ! :D but i dun have balsamic vinegar la, so i google for the substitute lor , found this :white rice vinegar + pinch of sugar, hope it turn out nice like urs la .Wat type of cheese ah, i oni have mozarella and cheddar cheese wor

juicehoney, balsamic vinegar is optional. I like cause it adds a slight sourish tinge. Depends on what cheese you like. I like half mozzarella half cheddar mix but FH doesn't like mozzarella cause he thinks it gives it a gooey texture wor. So nowadays I only use cheddar.

I used to make this snack to sell to my school mates to earn some extra pocket money :D But I had to rise at 4am each time in order to make this.

cekodokus2.jpg

and I've made another version of potato wedges this time by frying them *sinful sinful* :D :D

crustyherbedwedgesue4.jpg

mummyally, i love ur crusty herb wedges.... looks way better than those from kfc!! Can share with me how to make them? Im not good at making crispy-outside potatoes.

This is one of the Thai appetizer which I learn from my ex-sis in law. Simple and really make my appetite good! The name called " Mieng Kham" is the pronounciation of Thai language.

1_804450441l.jpg

1_755303897l.jpg

1_192083700l.jpg

1_919975458l.jpg

Recipe is here.

HBs friend invited us over for dinner at his house, and I made this really yummy, easy to make appetizer. I would've tried something more challenging, but I'm having an awful cold, fever etc, so I made do with these. Good thing too, coz they were quite a hit :D

So here they are, Deviled Eggs

DSC05797.jpg

The recipe can be found HERE

i assume that this is a kind of "starter"..

whole lot of tedious work..

dsc009642ax3.jpg

shredded crabmeat sticks - BEFORE

dsc009652vv4.jpg

AFTER. darn nice.

don't get cheated and buy those stated "shredded" ones. you'll end up shredding them again because they're like 2cm wide and it'll take a very long time to turn golden brown.