honeybunny

Corus Hotel, K.L (formerly known as Ming Court)

hi honeybunny,

I've been to a wedding at Corus Hotel before about 1 1/2 years ago. The food I could not remember much about it but I remember that the ballroom is quite small and narrow.

niq

Hi honey bunny,

i've attended a wedding 2 yrs back. Agreed with niq, the ballroom is kinda small & narrow, i think can allocate for not more than 30 tables kua.

The environment wise is not bad, quite presnetable. But the food wise, friendly speaking not as good as traditional chinese restaurant lo...cos it's halal ma...

hmmm....then i think the enviroment there is not that good ... :(

i saw the lobby there....is very small....

according to ur description here..i think it wont be able to cater many ppl....:(

yeah, if u hv banquet more than 25 tables, my advice is don't take there cos the ballroom cannot cater for that much person. Furthermore the price of the banquet oso not cheap. Imagine the price for last 2 yrs aredi cost RM750++, so i think now will be even more expensive lo.. Unless, they r doing promotion la..

honeybunny,

yeah formerly they are only for members, but now they r open for public. i talked to a lady during march MV bridal fair.she's really nice. perhaps u can check out their website(but they dun have any pics for wedding there). n try to call up and ask lor.

their deco r more to classical feel :)...but i dun think they can cater more than 30 tables(split floor level)...coz at 1st i also intended to have my dinner there, but too bad..... :)

their website: www.bankersclub.com.my

Hi piggy,

Browse through their website, saw their floor plan, it seems like quite small and i dun think they can cater up to 50 tables.

Anyway thks for ur info :)

honeybunny,

yeah. i wish i can have my banquet there too, but too bad its too small.only can cater for 28 tables,split levels somemore. but best of all,their chinese package is quite cheap,starting frm RM688++, and provided by HK chef. The wedding cake provided is edible too!...so too bad lor. :(

Any other restaurants that can cater around 50 tables where the food is OK and environment oso OK? Price of coz reasonable (600 - 800 per table) Any suggestions?

ermm.. tropicana tai thong? am gonna have mine there for around 50 - 60 tables. food wise am not sure lor... but heard friend said the food is ok lor..

Hello

I agree Corus is not tt all grand, but I've been dining at Ming restaurant for the past 10 years, and i think the food there is above average. I brought Malay guests there before too, and they commented the food was pretty good and became repeat customers. The restaurant itself can accomodation around 20 tables i think. All the pork dishes are replaced with halal meat, taste not too bad la, tho of course, the original is better. I wouldn't recommend the place if it's the ambience u're looking for.

honeybunny,

u can try Tai Thong imperial at Jln Ampang, my fren had 60 tables there last yr..but gonna be fast lo...cos they r vy popular, even i call to ask for my AD which is next yr Mac oso aredi been taken by ppl..the food there is quite good..u can always call them check for availability n ask them to fax over the menu for u...

Been to Royal China at Jln Ampang, it can cater up to 100 tables. There is another TT restaurant at JLn Ampang, if i'm not mistaken that place is still called jlan ampang..is at wisma selangor dredging.. same row as Public Bank and Renaissance Hotel. That TT Restaurant only can cater up to 45 tables if i'm not mistaken.

Dear B-T-B,

Lately anyone been to Corus for Wedding?? One of my friend is recommending~~

But personally haven go there n take a look~~

Do let me know about their food & service~~~

Thank you

Dear B-T-B,

Thank you

Hihi,

I attended my fren's weddign dinner there last year (Nov 2007). Ballroom is not too bad, quite nice, but there are no space for pre-cocktail. Erm..how to say ler...coz is like taking staircase to the ballroom and once u reach is the entrance of ballroom alrdy. For food, i would said not too bad. Overall is okay. Their package not very expensive actually, but their price had been increase for this year. When I checked it out with them on early this year, it alrdy increase and i think now more pricey after the increase of petrol.

Dear B-T-B,

Thank you

Hihi,

I attended my fren's weddign dinner there last year (Nov 2007). Ballroom is not too bad, quite nice, but there are no space for pre-cocktail. Erm..how to say ler...coz is like taking staircase to the ballroom and once u reach is the entrance of ballroom alrdy. For food, i would said not too bad. Overall is okay. Their package not very expensive actually, but their price had been increase for this year. When I checked it out with them on early this year, it alrdy increase and i think now more pricey after the increase of petrol.

Thanks for your reply~~

I will be going there this Saturday to look around this Ballroom~~

Hehehe~~

Hopefully can get good price~~