wegness

Banker's Club (Amoda Building), K.L

Hi,

First of all , thanks for piggy to mention of it. I think it is pretty elegant

and classic, that's wat i want(good price too). I just want to have about 230 pax, so it is a pretty good choice. Anyone have more information on their package and information?Have anyone tried on their food before?

Shiow Shin

http://www.bankersclub.com.my/ue_200604_catering.htm

http://www.bankersclub.com.my/tang.htm

http://www.bankersclub.com.my/lounge.htm

http://www.bankersclub.com.my/private_parties.htm

:o wegness, u still remember tat?? im so kam tung...thanks thanks! :rolleyes:

yeah..i love bankers club too..but too bad, they only can cater up to 28 tables. <_<

wegness, i do have their quotation. i got it during MV bridal fair. but u gotta wait coz i need to find it n scan out before i can PM to u lor :) the lady gave me the whole folder.

food wise, i havent tried it before. one of my frend is goin to have her wedding there this coming Nov. will share-share wif u all after i try on their food & have a look around.will try to snap some pics around the place, so tat i can show u all lor. :P :rolleyes:

If the food is ok, i am pretty sure..ia m going to take it as my venue(good price and strategic location)...DO they mention about the decoration and wine corkage or not?

THanks for ur sharing......u r my saver.....

Hi! I've got the quotation and brochure here if you want. I can fax them to you, if you want. Please give me your fax no. I got it at the MV Bridal Fair and was very excited over their brochures and concept. But unfortunately when I went there to view the place, it was as I imagined in the brochure. The place was so old[/B]. The doors, tables and cabinets have scratches and marks on them. The carpet was worn esp on the spiral staircase. They wanted us to buy the wine from them.

Make an appointment to view the place thoroughly.

hoho.. never know that got such place in KL.. thanks girls..

Wow...it sounds really bad.....i hv not chance to see the venue because i m in US.....can u email me?wegness99@hotmail.com

Sorry cant scan and email to you at the moment. The office scanner rosak la. Will try this weekend at home. The dishes are nothing spectacular. The lady said their cook is really good but we havent tried the dishes..so who knows?

Lets see..it says here in the quotation there are menu 1 and 2. Menu 1 is RM888++ and menu 2 is RM688++

Menu 1 - Special 3 Seasons Combo, Sharksfin Soup w Crabmeat, Steamed Pomfret, Fried Prawns with Oats, Roasted Chicken, Mushroom and Veggies, Seafood Fried Rice in Lotus Leaf, Red Bean Soup and Lotus Buns.

Menu 2 is basically the same dishes but cheaper ones like they change the Promfret to Seabass, the Sharksfin has chicken meat instead of crabmeat, etc.

They serve canapes during pre-dinner cocktails and they have 3 tiers edible wedding cake. Their concept is that the guests have their cocktails at the lounge area and you and your hubby walk down the spiral staircase. Then you toast everyone and cut your cake there and then. Later on they will take the cake inside and divide it up so everyone can have a piece for desserts.

I was really taken by this concept esp when I come down the staircase and the guests will be looking up at us...but the place is old. I was so disappointed.

Pei

woah, my hubby is a banker. If we have the reception here we would have come full circle!! :D

juz kiddin' around :rolleyes:

Hi peipei,

IS the condition really that bad? or it is compared with new ballrooms?

Different people have different expectations and views. Maybe you could get some relatives or good friends here to view the Bankers' Club for you and give you an opinion about it. :rolleyes:

peipei:

Got pics from banker's club to share with me/us? Their website only has a few, perhaps you took some when you went there?

Thanks in advance ;)

Aiyo, I didnt take any photos cos when I saw the place I already 'mo sum kei'. The salesperson could see in my face that I was not interested. I didnt even try to negotiate for the corkage. So I think that's why they didnt call up to follow up.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that at the time I was there, they were having this graduation ceremony. The ceremony was over and everyone was eating around that place. Tables and chairs were all over the place. People were eating under the staircase, on the piano, etc. So even if I took some photos then, you wont like them... :P

one more bad thing is...my AD wedding is 11th Feb, 2007, it is sunday...they r closed on sunday....

for that place, i think it can be decorated even nicer....it has the potential...(just feel like)..my dad has been the conference there few times, he said the place look ok (if we hire someone to do simple decoration, like flowers and light stand) and it does look old....the food...he said ok lar...

I tried to call them these 2 days , however, they are closed....see whether they can negotiate something or not....

No la, my wedding's on 29 Oct 06 and that's a Sunday too. They do weddings on Sats and Suns. The no. 603-2142 4166. They have western wedding package too. They have RM95++ and RM85++

pei pei:

okies, I'll believe what you say then, since I need everybody's eyes to check things out for me :P

Thanks 4 da info!

wegness & fusionista,

if you are looking for classic type of location, why not consider Ritz Carlton, saw some pics on their website, looks quite good. It caters up to 30 tables.

neber been there myself though.. =( but i think its worth checking out.

wegness & fusionista,

if you are looking for classic type of location, why not consider Ritz Carlton, saw some pics on their website, looks quite good. It caters up to 30 tables.

neber been there myself though.. =( but i think its worth checking out.

wegness & fusionista,,

yeah yeah..i've attended one of my frends wedding there...really classic n nice. nice deco.but food wise, for me, i think is so-so only..n it's not cheap.. :D

bride2be & piggy:

I think the Ritz Carlton are pretty pricey. My budget is aroun RM 688++ because it's gonna be 100% vegetarian. It's not like they gotta go hunt for a shark in the ocean!!! :lol:

Does anyone know if you can choose the design for the wedding cake that will be served @ Banker's Club? I mean, do we have any say in it like colors, flavor, etc??

they will let you choose the flavour for the cake. I think is a 2-tier cake...u can have 2 flavours if u wan! :D tats wat the lady told me.not sure bout design thou.... ;)

You can choose the flavor, like orange or butter. But they only give you the 2-tier cake. If you want to something different, must add money. I saw a couple chose a wedding cake shaped like a big wedding bell. Very nice. :D

piggy & peipei:

I thought that it was a 3-tier cake? :huh:

I was hoping that it would be because those mock cakes that you get at regular hotels are at least 5 tiers <_<

Maybe I can negotiate with them and perhaps just get bring my own cake... and get a price discount.. :D

Oops sorry, 3-tier cake. You can try negotiate with them if you want to bring your own cake. But they would want you to buy wine and beer from them, though. Hey, I'll send you a contact I have that does cute cakes. :D