wegness

Banker's Club (Amoda Building), K.L

Hi girls....Banker's Club can only accomodate max 15 tables at the ballroom while the rest will be upstairs at the Mezannine floor. Will our guests feel left out since they are upstairs? Will it be weird? Also...walking down the stairs seems abit scary in a gown. Can anyone share their thoughts?? Thanks!

One wedding I just shot in September 2010 was in Banker's club. I must say it has a class of its own there. However the dinner did not have guest at the higher floor, everyone just fits into the main hall nicely. If you're looking for huge dinner, then no, else..no problem.

The entrance was cute, I don't know whether it was designed by banker's club or was it a special request ( presentation of first dish ). They don't put up those " Star Wars " like movie soundtrack for people to come in with neon or LED lights flashing on dishes, cute english song and food is presented with smiley waiters. I like them the way they are!

I also had some pictures of the bride coming off the stairs with her gown, got to dig back if anyone wants to see. Don't know if I still have it or not though. She was fine coming down. No falls nor trip. Go slowla...no need run wan ma. Haha..

Oh...I'm looking at 20 tables. Is it ok?

Hi sassy,

I am not 100% sure but my last wedding shot there if I am not mistaken did took up 20 tables. Have you tried the food there?

One wedding I just shot in September 2010 was in Banker's club. I must say it has a class of its own there. However the dinner did not have guest at the higher floor, everyone just fits into the main hall nicely. If you're looking for huge dinner, then no, else..no problem.

The entrance was cute, I don't know whether it was designed by banker's club or was it a special request ( presentation of first dish ). They don't put up those " Star Wars " like movie soundtrack for people to come in with neon or LED lights flashing on dishes, cute english song and food is presented with smiley waiters. I like them the way they are!

I also had some pictures of the bride coming off the stairs with her gown, got to dig back if anyone wants to see. Don't know if I still have it or not though. She was fine coming down. No falls nor trip. Go slowla...no need run wan ma. Haha..

Oh...I'm looking at 20 tables. Is it ok?

NO haven't done food tasting yet. :)

I went Bankers Club yesterday to see the place...i like the place is like having a Chinese sit down dinner at a non-chinese environment :lol: but the location and parking there are the minus point for me. Most of my guess ll be outstation and from PJ so the place is in KL...first ll be far and the jam in KL...nightmare! As for the parking, there is no direct lift up to bankers club...have to take stairs walk to ground floor then only take the lift..Most importantly, i think both our parents will not like it. :sad:

I went Bankers Club yesterday to see the place...i like the place is like having a Chinese sit down dinner at a non-chinese environment :lol: but the location and parking there are the minus point for me. Most of my guess ll be outstation and from PJ so the place is in KL...first ll be far and the jam in KL...nightmare! As for the parking, there is no direct lift up to bankers club...have to take stairs walk to ground floor then only take the lift..Most importantly, i think both our parents will not like it. :sad:

yes.. I agree. PArking and heavy traffic Jam are the negative points about this place. Wedding dinners already start late in other venues...but due to the limited car park and heavy traffic jam...a typical Dinner in Banker's Club will have to start even later.

yes.. I agree. PArking and heavy traffic Jam are the negative points about this place. Wedding dinners already start late in other venues...but due to the limited car park and heavy traffic jam...a typical Dinner in Banker's Club will have to start even later.

I really like the environment there and also their service...is diff from those restaurant...restaurant is like we have to accommodate to them (give me the feeling of either take it or leave it) but BC ll try to accommodate us.

Had you tried the food there before? Their menu price is bit pricey looking at the dishes they are offering.

<!--quoteo(post=236289:date=Dec 11 2008, 08&#58;10 PM:name=hazelhall)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hazelhall &#064; Dec 11 2008, 08&#58;10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&amp;pid=236289"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Has anyone got recent pictures of Bankers Club wedding settings? I saw the pics on their website, looks really nice, but pictures on their website can always be deceiving. Its high on my shortlist and seriously considering it. Anyone can share?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hi. i had my wedding in BC 3 months ago, purple theme. if u r interested to have a look on some of the settings they did, do pm me :)

Hi! Can share with me your pics? Thanks! yvonne007_99@yahoo.com

Hello all,

I would like to have my wedding reception at BC next year but my parents are a bit reluctant about it.

This is mainly because they do not think it's a good idea to have 2 levels. They think it's troublesome to have to walk up and down the stairs.

Can anyone who've had your wedding at BC give some advise? Was it a problem for you while having it in both levels?

How are the guests on second floor entertained?

Thanks!!

Hello all,

I would like to have my wedding reception at BC next year but my parents are a bit reluctant about it.

This is mainly because they do not think it's a good idea to have 2 levels. They think it's troublesome to have to walk up and down the stairs.

Can anyone who've had your wedding at BC give some advise? Was it a problem for you while having it in both levels?

How are the guests on second floor entertained?

Thanks!!

Your parents are right. Guests upstairs will fee left out. There's really nothing you can do about it.

Anyone has Shangkar's hp number?

please pm me.

Initially, when I booked BC, I was liasing with Andy, who was really awesome.

Sadly, he resigned and left BC and now we're to deal with Shangkar.

It takes forever for him to reply a simple mail. :(

Tried calling BC numerous times, but no one picks up the phone.

I'm getting worried over our wedding already.

Question : Is BC only open for member ?

Do they serve chinese dishes ? I am looking to have a simple wedding dinner with family and friend around end of Nov 2014 - looking at 3-5 tables.

Anyone what is the estimation cost per table and any contact person i could deal with ?

Hi mickeybb,

You are not required to be a member to have wedding at Banker's Club. The price range is RM1,000 above per table and yes, they serve Chinese menu. You can contact Mr. Shankar who is the person in charge now :)