peipei

Prince Hotel, K.L

Hi all!

Anyone had their wedding or about to have their wedding at Prince Hotel's Junior Ballroom? If yes, can please give me your opinions/comments about it?

Thanks.

Hello

I'm having my wedding in Prince on 20 Jan 07. The packages start from approx RM1000++, but if you buy the Prince Gold Card, you can utilize a 10% discount. After the discount, though, the Prince ppl aren't that keen to bargain and throw in more stuff, and the package is pretty basic so you have to add in your own stuff

Hope that helps!

wow :) so cool!! I dealth with Edmund when I signed up.....now can pick your brains too :)

Jamie, do you know if the pastry chef does wedding cake as well? Cause the package that I'm on is giving only chocs and I wanna add on...just wanted to see if it's better to add on directly from the hotel or go thru choffels

Any info at all wud be appreciated :)

Hi ljamie,

I was wondering if you could tell me the min and max no. of tables for the grand ballroom and the junior ballroom.

And would u have piccies of both ballrooms set up for wedding banquet?

Thanks for your help.

wow, say thier theme dinner deco.. very impress... I love thier chinoiserie.. don't mind this traditional chinese style! hahaha... maybe I should enquire how much Dama ochestra and see how much they charge! :D

post-31-1164363118.jpg

the junior ballroom pics on their website has topiaries in the middle of the isle. Those aren't supposed to be there, it was a setup for bridal fair pic.

It is a long room and it doesn't appeal to many people. However, my gown has a long and elaborate train. Since I am not having a church wedding, this is the only chance to showoff my train :P. I think this will be my final choice of venue.

Also since there are only 2 rows of tables, it is easy for people to locate their seats, right? (trying to look on the bright side :lol:)

Oh yes! You do have this nice long train with embriodery on it!

I didn't see the pix in their website. Only saw the one with a wedding dinner banquet they sent to me. The long ballroom is not suitable for me because we want to have a dance floor. But i am happy to hear that you are likely to settle for Prince! from what I've seen in the website, they have beautiful theme deco!

I've read that their chinese chef have also won some award so he must be pretty good?

I'm don't think that their regualr packages come with a themed deco. The last time I have enquired about those pretty centerpieces that you see on their website, it was RM150 a pop! :D but their flower arch made with flowers and twigs are nice (it's not really and arch, but rather tall flower pedestals with long twigs and bend to for somewhat of and arch)... I might want to have a section for dancing too, but I think most Malaysians are shy, so we might just do a little twirlie, first dance & Father/daughter dance thingy on the stage or at the front of the stage.

btw, you have seen my WG meh?? :lol: And my EG (no pic yet, needs tailoring) also has a mini/sweep train to it.

oh, i love those flower pedestal in their garden wedding theme! Am thinking about them too but they are the first thing that go if budget does not allow it.

But yes, you are right. i enquired about those deco they use for chinoiserie or the garden/western setup in the webpage... and they do require additional charges.

I saw your dress in your blog :lol:

2 flower pedestals are included at the door for the regular packages. I would love to have topiaries in the room though, but i know tt they are expensive. Maybe I'll bring them from home after we use them for the morning sessions..:lol:

:P oh yeah, my blog.. haha

I forgot to mention that I am leaning towards prince becoz like you, zelda, professionalism and efficiency is very important to me due to our logistical situation. Prince's person in charge (Gerrie) is very fast in replying my enquiries and she's also very professional in her correspondence. Planning a wedding from overseas is a big task and I cannot deal with slowpokes who are unprofessional and irresponsible.

I agree! Prince Hotel seemed reliable to me. Also Westin very sai sam. They reply very fast for any questions, also email a week later for confirmation is everything is okay. I was in touch with Ritz Carlton like 4 times still no quotation. Can you believe it? Forget it lah. If they are like this with potential client, how will they be after I confirm with them? <_<

Maybe if I am local it is easier because can do everything by calling and meeting. We rely on email... somemore have 6 hours.. you have 12 hours different right? so hard to coordinate especially if you have a job.

zelda, 13 hours difference for me leh.. with the daylight savings time. I also contacted the Ritz. They look nice on the net, and for such a posh hotel, you would think that they would be more responsive, should be providing the same 5 star level of customer service, right??

I did not contact Westin though, but like you said, Prince's chef is good, and I requested for 100% vegetarian menu and at RM800++ it looks ok to me... at least they did put an effort to make a nice menu instead of simply frying soy-based products into the wok and call it a dish!

RM 800 per table? :lol: that is cheap for ritz i think! It is supposed to be a 5 star boutique hotel. i wonder how much the normal table with fish and meat cost....I was interested initially because of the reputatable hotel chinese chef and also I can claim points for a stay in Pangkor Laut Resort.

just to share my experience, my pink gown got long trail but somehow while during the "yum sen" time, a lot of people (mostly guy) accidentally step on my gown, in the end, i need to get my sister-in-law to help me all the way. i am so worried my fabric might tear....just be cautious ok?

just to share my experience, my pink gown got long trail but somehow while during the "yum sen" time, a lot of people (mostly guy) accidentally step on my gown, in the end, i need to get my sister-in-law to help me all the way. i am so worried my fabric might tear....just be cautious ok?

Yeah i had similar exp too. Even my own hubby stepped on my train. so must remember to be cautious :)

When you MTM your gown (if you are buying one, and not renting) you have to get the BS to sew the "bustles" on for you. So that after your march in, you can ask your bridesmaid to bustle up your train. Otherwise, everyone will step on it. Bustles can be made from buttons or ribbons and are sewn a certain way that it is hidden from view.

yes, I was concern about it too since mine is made from chiffon and laces. Not very tear proof material. Anyway, DC is going to make some bustle so that it will remain in one piece by the end of the evening :P