rachelwp

any recommendation for Enzymes drink?

peipei,

checked my enzyme this morning, very happy to see at least some juice has been produced.....

btw, is it normal for the jar to feel warm? i'm keeping them in a cold & dry place..... how come? i guess fermentation in process? :unsure:

BG,

haha... we moved from DIY handy-craft to DIY enzyme... :lol:

Ceetee, my jars dont feel warm. I asked my colleague and she said her jars are not warm too.

You just have to keep your jar in a cool place and away from direct sunlight. You should be able to see lots of bubbles by the 3rd day. Tilt the jar from side to side so that the juice covers the top layer and fruits on top do not dry up.

ceetee,

hahaha .. soon we will move to motherhood thread :P

just now I call HB to make enzymes drink this weekend so that 3 weeks or more later I can try it, he says lazy @.@ apa excuse is this lah!

Ceetee, my jars dont feel warm. I asked my colleague and she said her jars are not warm too.

You just have to keep your jar in a cool place and away from direct sunlight. You should be able to see lots of bubbles by the 3rd day. Tilt the jar from side to side so that the juice covers the top layer and fruits on top do not dry up.

peipei,

ah?! really ah? i think something not right with mine.... will check again later...

btw, just to make sure my steps are correct.....

1. clean and dry jars.

2. cut, clean & dry all fruits.

3. arrange fruits in layers, interlace with sugar.

4. seal the jar cover completely.

5. store in cold and dry place.

6. tilt jars lightly every alternate day.

7. enzyme is ready by 3rd week.....

(any step missed?)

Ceetee,

Your process looks ok. But you clean the fruits, air-dry them, peel, cut and immediately put them into the jar. Dont leave the cut fruits exposed to the air outside. As long as no black stuffs on the top layer of your fruits then you're ok.

Dont worry.

hi ladies,

my mum made 3 bottles of enzyme juice. She purpose wait for me to go back tmr to try. So kamtong oo..

will let u gals know the taste once I am back..

peipei,

air dry 1st or peel 1st? like pineapple, i washed, cut, dried with kitchen roll then air dried them for few minutes.... lemon didn't air dry coz' it's so juicy....

i hope my enzyme is ok.... made 2 jars, if ok, will pass 1 jar to mom, she also wanna try.....

Ceetee,

Wash the fruits, air dry them, and then peel and cut. But yr process looks ok too cos some ppl do it this way too. Do you see any bubbles now?

Ceetee,

Wash the fruits, air dry them, and then peel and cut. But yr process looks ok too cos some ppl do it this way too. Do you see any bubbles now?

peipei,

yeah, i could see bubbles on the 2nd day.... no the bubbling is even more.... so far so good.... hope it's ok....

hi ladies,

my mum made 3 bottles of enzyme juice. She purpose wait for me to go back tmr to try. So kamtong oo..

will let u gals know the taste once I am back..

micbabe,

how's your mom's enzyme? must be very tasty since it's from own mom....hihih.... :lol:

hi ceetee,

sorry for the late reply. yeah, my mum made 3 bottles for enzyme. 1 dragon fruit and 2 bottles of green/red apples with carrot. It taste like wine and can feel my stomach warm after drinking it. cannot take too much else can get mabuk..hahaha!! :wacko3: :wacko3:

Mum gave me a bottle of green/red apples as it is good for eyesights. Good for those who always use computer like me...

Before that mum got made kiwi and pineapple. The pineapple taste the best and I ask her to make more next time..

Green/red apples, carrots and lemon

dsc00120app.th.jpg

The bottle with the red cap is mine

dsc001221.th.jpg

Beautiful purple dragon fruit enzyme

dsc00121b.th.jpg

hi ceetee,

sorry for the late reply. yeah, my mum made 3 bottles for enzyme. 1 dragon fruit and 2 bottles of green/red apples with carrot. It taste like wine and can feel my stomach warm after drinking it. cannot take too much else can get mabuk..hahaha!! :wacko3: :wacko3:

Mum gave me a bottle of green/red apples as it is good for eyesights. Good for those who always use computer like me...

Before that mum got made kiwi and pineapple. The pineapple taste the best and I ask her to make more next time..

dsc00120app.th.jpg

dsc001221.th.jpg

dsc00121b.th.jpg

micbabe,

how does the apple one taste like? good for eyes? must try also... :happy: dragon fruit one looks very nice too, like red wine....

I'm still waiting for my pineapples to ferment.... only ready by 19 mar... can't wait to taste it.... hope it turns out well.... wish me luck ah.... :lol:

taste like wine. :wacko3: when u usually consume enzyme?I always take a small cup each nite. duno can finish within 1 month or not since my hb dun like it.he said taste weird.

hi ceetee,

dsc00120app.th.jpg

dsc001221.th.jpg

dsc00121b.th.jpg

micbabe,

how does the apple one taste like? good for eyes? must try also... :happy: dragon fruit one looks very nice too, like red wine....

I'm still waiting for my pineapples to ferment.... only ready by 19 mar... can't wait to taste it.... hope it turns out well.... wish me luck ah.... :lol:

micbabe,

i thought the best time to take the enzyme is early morning, empty stomach? that'll ensure best-absorption... correct me if i'm wrong yah.... :blink:

peipei, micbabe

haha, finally my enzyme is ready..... and it taste so good!!! :happy:

wonder what other fruits i can try on next.... maybe will get apples.... green ones... yum yum...

jus saw this thread.....seem nice...cam help in lose weight ah? keke

wat is the ratio? i mean how many fruit over brown sugar? any fruit also can ah?

and how to take the enzymes? one small glass?

thx for sharing~~~

jus saw this thread.....seem nice...cam help in lose weight ah? keke

wat is the ratio? i mean how many fruit over brown sugar? any fruit also can ah?

and how to take the enzymes? one small glass?

thx for sharing~~~

jovyn,

i'm trying it for health purpose.... and of course for cosmetic reasons too...

I'm taking pineapple+lemon enzyme, it helps my bowel... hihihi, a bit disgusting but i actually go toilet twice a day, and poo is much more too.... Once bowel is good, our body will be less toxic...

I'm making the apple one, another 2-weeks plus to go... will try out and see...

Dear Ceetee,

Sorry for the rather late post. Im now making enzymes using organic items, for eg. Oligo fructose, lime flower honey and brown rice vinegar in replace of the brown sugar I have been using.

So far, I have made pineapple, capsicums and pomelo enzymes. The pomelo enzymes is bitter, tastes a bit like 'tong kwai'! I have difficulty drinking it. :blink:

Dear Ceetee,

Sorry for the rather late post. Im now making enzymes using organic items, for eg. Oligo fructose, lime flower honey and brown rice vinegar in replace of the brown sugar I have been using.

So far, I have made pineapple, capsicums and pomelo enzymes. The pomelo enzymes is bitter, tastes a bit like 'tong kwai'! I have difficulty drinking it. :blink:

peipei,

my mom got me a book on enzyme DIY, there are about 250 recipes on enzyme. Mainly uses Oligo 900 to substitute sugar, what is it? where can i get it? i found that the enzyme made with sugar tastes very sweet, doesn't 'taste' healthy...

My 3rd jar of enzyme (green apple one) is in process now, will be done in 2 days...

Btw, my 1st pineapple enzyme is still not finished, i dunno i should drink or not as i'm TTC..... Mom said pineapple is now very good for preggies... what u think? :unsure:

Ceetee,

You can find all Oligo 900, Lime Flower Honey and Brown Rice Vinegar at this organic shop/restaurant at SS2. Same row with RHB bank. There's another branch in Subang Jaya but I have never been there.

There's another brand of Oligo fructose and that one is cheaper than Oligo 900. It's a green bottle. I bought that one. They have a cold room at the back of the shop where they store all the organic veges so I sometimes get the vegetables for my enzymes there. Ingredients like non-preservative dates, dried figs, wolfberries also can be bought there.

The enzymes using sugar is not good cos it's processed sugar. If you intend to consume enzymes long term for health benefits then you must use organic ingredients. Which enzyme recipe book you got? Mine is by Christine Wong.

I dont know if pineapple is good or not if you're trying to conceive. Consuming pineapple enzymes only made me go to the toilet more often. I will feel very 'shu fook' after each session in the toilet..heehee. If you're worried, why dont you give to your hb to finish it up?

Ceetee,

You can find all Oligo 900, Lime Flower Honey and Brown Rice Vinegar at this organic shop/restaurant at SS2. Same row with RHB bank. There's another branch in Subang Jaya but I have never been there.

There's another brand of Oligo fructose and that one is cheaper than Oligo 900. It's a green bottle. I bought that one. They have a cold room at the back of the shop where they store all the organic veges so I sometimes get the vegetables for my enzymes there. Ingredients like non-preservative dates, dried figs, wolfberries also can be bought there.

The enzymes using sugar is not good cos it's processed sugar. If you intend to consume enzymes long term for health benefits then you must use organic ingredients. Which enzyme recipe book you got? Mine is by Christine Wong.

I dont know if pineapple is good or not if you're trying to conceive. Consuming pineapple enzymes only made me go to the toilet more often. I will feel very 'shu fook' after each session in the toilet..heehee. If you're worried, why dont you give to your hb to finish it up?

yeah, mine also by Christine Wong, it's very comprehensive and the recipes seem to be very delicious...

Ceetee,

yeah, mine also by Christine Wong, it's very comprehensive and the recipes seem to be very delicious...

Hi Cee tee/pei pei,

Have u tried making enzyme using brown rice vinegar and lime honey as recommended by Christine Wong? How is the taste? Is the vinegar taste very strong? I tried fruit enzyme using brown sugar (pin tong) and lemon only, donno whether i can stand the vinegar smell cos last time I bought a bottle of apple vinegar fr bragg..yeackk...cant stand for the taste, tried once only then I give the whole to my mum. Btw, do u any any idea what can I do with my apple cider vinegar?

Ceetee,

Hi Cee tee/pei pei,

Have u tried making enzyme using brown rice vinegar and lime honey as recommended by Christine Wong? How is the taste? Is the vinegar taste very strong? I tried fruit enzyme using brown sugar (pin tong) and lemon only, donno whether i can stand the vinegar smell cos last time I bought a bottle of apple vinegar fr bragg..yeackk...cant stand for the taste, tried once only then I give the whole to my mum. Btw, do u any any idea what can I do with my apple cider vinegar?

xavierxiu,

the ingredients recommended by Christine Wong are quite expensive leh... i found oligo near my mom's place, RM48 for a bottle of 850ml.... so expensive... i think the 2 ingredients u mentioned aren't cheap either.... I havn't tried... I used molasses to replace sugar or oligo instead...

Apple cider tastes good as salad dressing. Try mixing apple cider, olive oil, mustard seed and some italian herbs, this dressing goes well with all sorts of fresh leavy vege. Otherwise, just take it with water, it's good for slimming....

Ceetee,

Hi Cee tee/pei pei,

xavierxiu,

the ingredients recommended by Christine Wong are quite expensive leh... i found oligo near my mom's place, RM48 for a bottle of 850ml.... so expensive... i think the 2 ingredients u mentioned aren't cheap either.... I havn't tried... I used molasses to replace sugar or oligo instead...

Apple cider tastes good as salad dressing. Try mixing apple cider, olive oil, mustard seed and some italian herbs, this dressing goes well with all sorts of fresh leavy vege. Otherwise, just take it with water, it's good for slimming....

Hi Ceetee,

thanks for the infor. I have check the Oasis brand brown rice vinegar(BRV) 520ml for RM39.90 - expensive cos the most of the recipe use 520ml meaning whole bottle of brown rice vinegar. I wonder is there anything to substitute the BRV or is there any homemade BRV recipe to share.